Ratings for Dr. Wendy Edwards

Dr Edwards helped our son Isaiah who has Aspergers Autism. He went from rolling on the floor in a group setting because of too much stimulation to getting 6 awards of academic excellence in his first year at high school. Thankyou Dr Wendy❤️

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr.Edwards helped us to begin a diagnosis on my son who has OCD/anxiety. We feared it was Pandas and knew she was likely one of only a few experts in ON who would understand his symptoms. For this reason we made the 6 hour drive from Toronto to Chatham. It was worth the trip, just for the peace of mind in knowing our son did not have PANDAS. We've since been treating his OCD with the supplement she recommended and his 'episodes' have lessoned. As he gets older however we are met with new challenges and have sought help for him in dealing with it all. Thank you Dr.Edwards for getting us started in the right direction. Before meeting you we felt confused and a little ostracized by friends, teachers, physicians and family members. Now we have some answers which go a long way in finding help and explaining certain behaviours which were previously not understood. I knew it was important to seek a professional to guide us as a first step and so glad we chose you! I only wish we could have become regular patients however I do understand there are other kids in more desperate need of your help.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Edwards is a wonderful doctor. Very competent, thorough and understanding. She took her time, and we didn't feel rushed at our first appointment. It was definitely worth the wait to see her. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Edwards secretary Alice has retired. She was the friendliest secretary that we have ever met and always acknowledged the children along with the parent(s). She was very well liked by all and will be missed. Happy retirement Alice, Dr. Edwards was very lucky to have you and so were we.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Just saw her today. I love her already. The staff were all so friendly and helpful also. I have great faith in her, she was so good to us and gave us lots of time. We didn't feel at all rushed as we have with other doctors in the past. Fantastic woman, and more inportantly, competent doctor!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I had Dr. Edwards from the time I was 4 till I was 18 and she knows what she is doing. Highly Recommended!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

If you are looking for a doctor that gets autism as a disorder that affects many body systems (immune system, GI), she is the best there is in Canada. She is amazing and extremely knowledgeable. If you don't believe in treating the co-occurring medical issues that come along with autism then don't waste her time as she has a long waiting list of patents that want to see her. She most definitely has the evidence based information to treat our children. She is an angel for our families.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Someone wrote; "I feel as if dr. edwards doesn't have an evidence based pratice and for this reason I will venture else where. I am not about to put my child on supplements and/or medication that is not necessary. Autism is not something you can treat, it is something you work with and something you learn to function with. To provide the best care for my son" I literally could not have said it better myself. Its more her own opinion rather than evidence based facts. Which is great if you share her opinion, in that sense she would be great in the way she treats our son. But I do not agree with her methods and will be going elsewhere. Loe0vely woman but not right for us and my 4yr okd who has autism.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Loved her as a patient when i was young and loved the way she treated me after the birth of our daughter! Especially after being treated like dirt by Dr.Tithecott. She is a wonderful doctor very compassionate! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

i feel as if dr. edwards doesn't have an evidence based pratice and for this reason I will venture else where. I am not about to put my child on supplements and/or medication that is not necessary. Autism is not something you can treat, it is something you work with and something you learn to function with. To provide the best care for my son I will do my research and give him the best possible. Just because he is not "neuro-typical" does not mean I will do weird supplement things to him - if you don't do this to your typical kids, why do this to a child on the spectrum.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014