Ratings for Dr. Gus Montalvo

Dr. Montalvo was efficient and thorough. Followup about lab results was speedy and informative. Wait time at three visits averaged less than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

have seen dr for 8 years, always treated wonderfully by him and staff, in a family type atmosphere. I am a melanoma survivor and he is always very thorough with me because of my history.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Terrible Dermatologist We had a family visit, myself, my daughter and my son. All three were terrible experiences. I am sorry I did not stop at the first. My family has a history of Melanoma, my grandfather died from it. I went to the visit and indicated some odd growth by my nose. This guy took a biopsi, then called me several days later...yes it was basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer). Meanwhile, never offers to do a full body check during the initial visit nor after determining I had skin cancer. I then asked why no further investigation....the response...well if you would like to come in for another appointment ....it is up to you. My daughter had a mole removed. Unfortunately, the wound has not healed and continues to look like a stabbing

Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Montalvo is thoughtful and kind. He has treated a family member and myself. Both encounters were clinically thoughtful and kind in a humanistic manner. Dr. was especially nice to my teen who is suffering from acne. He and staff are terrific people!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Thanks to this website, I found a great dermatologist with a caring staff. Doctor is very knowledgeable and only recommends and prescribes what the patient really needs. I was also impressed with the helpful nurses.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr Montalvo was great with my teenage son and his acne. I am also impressed with the staff. These are some of the nicest people I have ever encounterted in a doctors office.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

My experience was wonderful. The doctor took very good care of me and my husband.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

A great dermatologist in a great office with great staff. I walked in to see him upon recommendation by my father (a retired doctor) who is his patient. He diagnosed me when four other doctors were stumped. He took the time to listen to me, performed a full examination and looked at all of my old records. He pieced everything together and came up with a diagnosis that turned out to be correct. He then contacted my primary doctor to help set up my treatment. He was kind and reassuring during the whole process and I felt that I was treated like family by everyone in his office. God bless them all.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

3 generations of our family use Dr. Montalvo, all for different reasons, and all with satisfaction in his and his staff's professionalism, knowledge, and personal interaction. Very knowledgeable, skilled, and reassuring. Calm and attractive office. Excellent support staff. Easy parking right in front.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Montalvo and his staff are wonderful! My husband and I both see him- he is extremely thourough, funny, and kind! We both highly recommend him. His staff is equally as kind! We are usually in a few minutes early and very rarely have to wait.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2007

Dr. Gus Montalvo's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Glenview, IL