Ratings for Dr. Robert Backstein

I was sent to Dr. Backstein by my GP for a growth he though was skin cancer on my nose. Dr. Backstein examined it and felt a small biopsy would be wise before doing a large removal. Well, turned out not to be cancer at all so I am thankful to Dr. Backstein for his judgment as he saved me from having a large scar on the tip of my nose!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I've read a lot of the reviews below and agree! Dr. Backstein definitely has a nak for his work. I was referred to Dr. Freiman who then consulted Dr. Backstein for skin cancer surgery. It was terrifying to consider surgery was needed basically right in the middle of my face beside my nose. Dr. Backstein and his nurse immediately were able to calm me and make me feel better about the situation. He took his time with the needle and was gracious with being patient with me despite my anxiety. The results are great and scarring very minor. So overall the experience was enlightening and very positive.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Had lipo on my love handles and breast implants done. he is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Had a life-long mole removed from my face. I was very hesitant to do it as my family was against it but always bothered me. Dr. Backstein did a great, great job. I can't thank him enough for helping me "save face"!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr Backstein is extremely top notch at what he does. I saw him at the TDC derm centre for a scar revision procedure that turned out beautifully. Despite that the doctor warned me extensively that the results were unpredictable and did NOT make it feel like a sales job I decided to go ahead and it was a great decision for sure. I am very thankful for both his approach to discussing my situation and his skills.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I had a cyst removed from my back. I went to my family doctor first to remove it and she didn't do a good job, not fully removing the cyst. I went to dr backstein, had it performed at the Humber river hospital. he did a great job, very painless , and bruising has subsided. I would definitely recommend Dr backstein. very impressed.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

He and his team at TDC have done a superb job looking after my elderly father. Dr. Backstein is always patient and makes the procedure more comfortable for my dad who is in his mid 90's. Helena has always been wonderful too.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Robert Backstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to Dr. Backstein by my GP for a growth he though was skin cancer on my nose. Dr. Backstein examined it and felt a small biopsy would be wise before d..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a very positive experience with this doctor at the TDC clinic where many cancers have been treated over the years, He is calm, cordial and skilled."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've read a lot of the reviews below and agree! Dr. Backstein definitely has a nak for his work. I was referred to Dr. Freiman who then consulted Dr. Backstein ..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had lipo on my love handles and breast implants done. he is amazing. "

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a life-long mole removed from my face. I was very hesitant to do it as my family was against it but always bothered me. Dr. Backstein did a great, great job..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Backstein is extremely top notch at what he does. I saw him at the TDC derm centre for a scar revision procedure that turned out beautifully. Despite that th..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a cyst removed from my back. I went to my family doctor first to remove it and she didn't do a good job, not fully removing the cyst. I went to dr backste..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's a terrific person and doctor. Dr Backstein removed a huge cancer on my cheek and it's barely noticeable. "

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I underwent the removal of cancer from my ear by Dr. Backstein at The Lynde Centre for Dermatology in Markham this week. I was very anxious about this appoint..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He and his team at TDC have done a superb job looking after my elderly father. Dr. Backstein is always patient and makes the procedure more comfortable for my d..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has been treating my skin cancers for years and has always been a pleasure to have as my doctor. "

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I underwent the removal of cancer from my cheek and nose by Dr Backstein at The Dermatology Centre. I went into this appointment with extreme anxiety . I was li..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw the doctor as an emergency at Humber hospital. It was very late at night but he was kind and cordial . He made one of the scariest nights of my life a lot..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein fast tracked my surgery for melanoma at Toronto Derm Clinic. Thanks to all the doctors and nurses !"

October 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Don't believe the reviews on this site, I bet most of them are written by Dr. Backstein himself. He is very cold and calculated, he may seem charming, but it is..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I agree Dr. Backstein is a very skilled surgeon and excellent bedside manner."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am pleased to say that my results for gynecomastic surgery are absolutely fantastic. For decades I have been self-conscious about this problem especially beca..."

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had gyneco and chest suction done by the good Dr and I'm really pleased with the great results! Fingers crossed I'm done with loose tshirts!"

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Last week I saw Dr. Backstein arranged as a consultation from my family doctor. Dr. Back stein is a true mensch. He took a great deal of time to reassure me abo..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Dr. talked me out of expensive surgery I didn't need. Much appreciate the honesty and candour ."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tummy tuck done by Dr Backstein. I needed to get a checkup done at a medical clinic as I live far away from Toronto. I knew my results were great but th..."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein was able to see me on short notice for skin cancer surgery . He was very professional and left almost no scars."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He diagnosed a melanoma that other doctors told me was fine, just a mole. He probably saved my life."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein is my hero! He really did a lovely job on my teenage son's heavy set chest and erased years of stress and misery in our home! Dad and I are gratef..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but excellent reviews for this doctor that has removed six skin cancers for me."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a woman in my 30's and was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer. Needless to say this came as a shock to me. At my age one doesn't expect these things. What ..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you're a guy and self conscious about your chest I strongly recommend him. I saw a lot of doctors before making my decision and have no regrets."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went in flat chested and came out of surgery with the nicest breasts I've ever seen! Thank you Dr. Backstein!!"

July 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein performed chest surgery on me. I am slightly overweight and had glands. I was even a bit embarassed coming to the consult appointment, didn't know..."

July 20, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Backstein himself, is an amazing guy and he really does know his stuff. He is also willing to do surgeries that other surgeons have told me in the past, the..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic results of facial cancer surgery so much so that I'll do my tummy tuck with him later this year! "

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely happy with treatment and results of gyneco."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm very happy with skin cancer operation he did."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Also recommend for gynecomastia which I did with Dr. Backstein 6 months ago. Had additional liposuction and very pleased, undetectable cuts. Problem solved."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was very easy to talk to and clearly knew his stuff. I went to him for gyneocmastia and chest liposuction. It's only been a few weeks but already fully happy..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein did a superb job on my gynecomastia removal. Minimal scarring, nice and flat. He's a very approachable guy, I had a great overall experience."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am only 18 and I had a devastating scar on my face after being hit by a car four years ago. Dr. Backstein was the only plastic surgeron that agreed to try to ..."

March 20, 2015

March 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein did my liposuction 1 year ago. He is a very skilled, talented and knowledgable surgeon and fully trustworthy. I recommend him for those reasons an..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am overly impressed with Dr. Backstein! I met him through a friend who had work done by him. After almost a year and a half contemplation, I bit the bullet an..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to him by another surgeon who could not accommodate me due to the timeline for my digital nerve surgery. I met him for the first time 5 minutes ..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found this doctor to be extremely professional and results exceeded all expectations (tummy tuck, implants November 2014)."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had body makeover with him after losing nearly 150 lbs. Recovery was easier than I expeccted and results are shocking. I'm so happy every time I catch a glimpse..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 46. When I was 20 I had my baby. My boy was healthy but very big for my body. I did't get weight after my baby birth, I am still skinny. But my belly and ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein did the mommy makeover and I'm extremely happy. I used to conceal everything all the time which is hard and a lot if work. I have a new outlook in..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very informative consult and he changed my mind on the procedure I ended up going with. Excellent results Im genuinely thrilled and thankful!"

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to visit Dr. Backstein in November 2013 to consult with him about having liposuction on my outer thighs. I was a slim, fit woman in my early 40's with di..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was crazy enough to travel overseas to have breast implants. They were infected and looked awful. Dr. Backstein was gracious and performed 2 surgeries to corr..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with basal carcinoma on my nose tip. Apparently the condition is not life threatening but I needed it removed nevertheless. At 34 years of age a..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a personal trainer but after 4 kids including twins my abdomen was a disaster that no training was going to touch. After seeing a few surgeons, I chose Dr...."

December 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had a breast lift/augment and tummy tuck done by Dr. Backstein. This doctor is amazing - not only for his skill but also his bed side manner. A very kind..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein was extremely helpful in the treatment of a melanoma skin cancer diagnosed at Torontos Derm Center. He treated me kindly, respectfully and made m..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "went to see the doctor about tummy tuck. Very pleasant man. Answered all questions and did not make you feel rushed. Seemed to put you at ease and explain the s..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Trustworthy and kind honest and helpful. I'm glad I went to him for his skills."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein was able to fix some major problems I had with a previously done breast augmentation. I am truly thankful for his kind approach, thorough and sens..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He takes time to explained and answered all the questions, he does a good job,"

December 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein did an amazing job on my breast implants. He talked me out of going to small and this was the right decision. 100% happy!"

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have yet to choose a surgeon but felt extremely comfortable at my consult with Dr. Backstein. His office feels more comfortable and less stuffy and he is a v..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Treated my 16 year old daughter in ER. Kind and cordial and an excellent surgeon."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "When I decided to get my body fixed I didn't know where to start. I did research including on this website but also luckily heard about a friend of a friend tha..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had arm lift brachioplasty by Dr. Backstein. I am very happy with the results if the surgery. The entire experience was pleasant and not intimidating. The sta..."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tummy tuck done 2 years ago and still marvel at my results."

October 31, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He also did my gynecomastia surgery. I'm exceedingly happy with my chest and for really the first time in my life I don't look at other guys envious. Truly lif..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to go see Dr Backstein for a Gynecomastia procedure, and after 3 week I am happy with what i see, such a big improvement which get even better after 6 m..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Agree with below! Dr. Backstein worked miracles on what I thought was my hopeless body (implants and tummy and lift)"

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He did a wonderful job on my tummy tuck. I would recommend him to anyone who needs anything done. Keep up the excellent work!"

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein did a spectacular job on my tummy and my armlift."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "treated skin cancer for me at the Toronto Dermatology Clinic, excellent job and painless!"

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rob Backstein treated my gynecomastia. I recommend him to all guys with this problem. He's easy to talk to and the awkward factor disappears immediately. He..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Backstein was able to remove an advanced skin cancer from my fathers face without leaving any scars. We are very grateful as a family."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to Dr. Backstein for liposuction . He was thoughtful enough to explain to me that it was a bad idea because my skin was too loose after 3 kids so I ende..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would like to thank Dr. Backstein for his beautiful work on my tummy tuck surgery in was done April 2014. Thanks Dr."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I asked Dr. Backstein is he could fix a big mess that another surgeon had made of my tummy 4 years ago with a tummy tuck botch job. Dr. Backstein over-delivered..."

September 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Tummy tuck and lipo - awesome, no complaints whatsoever. Would do it again 1000 times over."

September 17, 2014