Ratings for Dr. Navtika R. Desai

She makes you wait and then rushes through your appointment. Talked so fast about side effects of new meds that my head was spinning. She's the only doctor that charged me up front instead of submitting to insurance then billing me. I was surprised to have to put out $160 my first visit. They automatically send prescriptions for lab work to Quest. My insurance requires me to use LabCorp. Had to call 3 times before they actually sent the script over. I have 1 more appointment with Dr. Desai but already made an appointment with another endo

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Terrible doctor who had me on medication I did not need for a year and did not listen to me. I changed doctors and have now been properly diagnosed

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

One of the worst Dr I ever met. I will not go back... Staff don't return phone calls... Dr does not listen about how you feel, she knows " best" even if you are feeling worst... I would not send anyone there

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

She's a horrible 'doctor' (she's a DO not an MD). Terrible. I'm mad I saw her for as long as I did- I kept thinking, maybe she's right...maybe I'll give her another chance." bad idea. She has left me hanging without refilling my (necessary, daily) prescription a number of times, and then the office won't return my calls when I leave urgent messages. She contradicted something my general doctor said, so I checked with another doctor and my gyno and they both confirmed that she is completely wrong (she recommended a pelvic ultrasound b/c I don't get my period b/c I'm on the pill-- this is completely normal (according to the 3 other docs), but this doc keeps telling me it's not and that I need all these invasive tests). Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

First, I had to was 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment. Then when I finally met her she had an attitude while reviewing my past labs basically telling me I was fine even though I had been diagnosed with a condition by another doctor. So basically I wasn't 45 minutes in the waiting room and was yelled at for the next ten minutes in the examining room. I have never been so poorly treated by a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I have nodules in my thyroid. Dr. Desai took biopsies and I waited a week for the results. I went to another dr. for second opinion and second biopsy. Second Dr. was painless and results were instant since they had a pathologist in the office. If you are going to use this Dr. get a second opinion. Also waited 1 hour to see her and her schedule is not flexible at all.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I wish I could have read the rest of the reviews on this site before heading there. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

This doctor saw me (a new patient) immediately on an emergency basis. She quickly acted on my problem and got me on meds that I needed. Her knowledge and professionalism are far superior to my previous endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Had about 3 or 4 visits. She can't diagnose a thyroid problem. Wanted to put me on birth control pills which have nothing to do with the thyroid. I went to another doctor to find out that I have been having thyroid failure.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

She will say that she is a "consultant" which I guess means that she is not a doctor. Don't bother asking her any questions because she's a "consultant".

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Dr. Navtika R. Desai's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2001)

MSP/BC Med