Ratings for Dr. Carlos A. Barba

The best doctor ever. Confident, caring, friendly, extremely professional. I did a gastric sleeves with him 7 years ago and I am still in good shape. No complications! If I ever needed to do it again Must be with him!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had my surgery in 2007 and the only complication I had was a nurse giving me an overdose of pain meds...I think Dr. Barba is very knowledgeable and professional...I have no qualms about referring him to people

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I am a post open patient of Dr. Barba, from June 9, 2005. I have gone from a size 30 down to size 10/12. I am living proof that anything you set your mind to, you can and will achieve! Thank you Dr. Carlos Barba and your staff for taking me by the hand and startiing me on this amazing journey. Iknow that you'd be extremely proud of me. Inow reside in Florida, but I would be extremely honored to be a guest speaker at one of your informational sessions. I will contact your office. I have made it my mission to educate and encourage others, about benefits of having gastric bypass. I will never be ABC able to thank you enoughfor that wonderful new lease on life that you bestowed uponon that day. I work out daily, I run, I do H.I.T, I'm more comfortable in this skin I'm in. By working out, I've literally seen my body morph into something I never could've imagined in a billion years. I wish that I were able to upload photos to show the progress that I've made over the years, in a positive direction. I would love to talk to you.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

He is just terrible he killed my aunt. She was going in for the lapband and he cut a vein and just left her there bleeding saying it was to late he couldn't do anything. He was very rude about how he told us the terrible news and did not a thing to even try and save her life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I had my Gastric bypass surgery 1 1/2 yrs ago and all I CAN SAY is that he changed my life for ever. I no longer have diabetes and no longer taking medications. I will highly recommend Dr. Barba. He is the best surgeon out there and smart in what he does. Give it a try and you will see.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

DR.Barba is very efficiant and profesional at everything he does.He's very helpful and kind and explains everything to me That - don't understand.I would reconmend him To anyone I know :-)

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

he is the greatest he saved my life i will alwaya be greateful. his staff is also very good

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

I am going to start saying if you come to this website YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION to the bad experience MORE than the "good one". I am telling you with my experience. I almost lost my life with a suppostly a simple operation of putting a lapband . After Dr.Barba fail on my operation of putting a lapband he touch one of my main vesicle & he had to open me from top to bottom of my stomach so he could save my life and had to called another surgeon cause he couldnt even do it himself so the other surgeon could save me, after all he never put the labdand & told him you will not touch me again. Bottom line is im still overweight,still low selfsteem & a HUGE scar top to bottom & no lapband. Dr Barba & staff NEVER WILL call you NEVER again & dont care for you well been . READ & PAY ATTENTION OF THE BAD EXPERIENCE. I AM TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE thank u E M A I L is C T W I N N I E S A R A A O L C O M

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

I had my surgery in May 2009. I started with a Dr. in massachusetts.2 Days before my surgery I got a phone call saying my husbands insurance wouldn't pay out of state. After researching Dr's and being referred to Dr.Barba I went to see him.He doesn't just jump in and say you can have surgery immediately. There are things that you must do to educate yourself prior to surgery. I didn't have any bad issues with Dr. Barba at all. He is very knowledgeable. 1 1/2 years later they are still following up with me and making sure my blood work is completed and to let me know the results. I have referred a couple of different people to Dr. Barba and would in a heart beat. Jason is a wonderful person too. Very helpful! The only issue is waiting time at the office. I am now going in 6 days for my tummy tuck with Jason and Dr. Barba. With any surgery you will have people that had issues they were made well aware of the risks before surgery. Really surprised to see so many negative remarks on here!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Had my RNY laproscopically in Nov 2005; developed an ulcer within weeks. Perforated in June 2006 and developed peritonitis--DESPITE calling his office to tell them I was unable to eat/drink. Was in ICU for 4 days, hospital for 15 days, left with a feeding tube and 5 stomach tubes, including one that was draining a grapefruit sized blood clot that developed when he punctured my intestine during my "repair." I was unable to eat any solid food until 2008--and I perforated again. That time, I had started seeing another surgeon to have a revision, so when I perforated he was thoroughly aware of my complications. HE SAVED my life--BARBA almost took it. My second surgeon did the revision and repair and told me that he was not sure why Dr. Barba had done the surgery the way he did, or why he left me with a massive hernia in my lower abdomen that my other surg fixed by removing 10-inches of intestine. Barba is INCOMPETENT and has MULTIPLE pending malpractice suits. Check for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Carlos A. Barba's Credentials

• Univ De Panama, Fac De Med, Panama City, Panama (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Farmington, CT