Ratings for Dr. Brian Gillespie

Interesting how peoples' perceptions can so different. I found him very personable and happy to answer any questions I had. Both eyes had cataract surgery with great results.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Do not use this physician. He is uncaring, late and could not care less

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

Very intelligent Ophthalmologis!! Yes, expect to wait 1.5 hours for tests and dilation prior to seeing him. I've read comments on here about his interpersonal skills.... remember that communication and respect is a 2 way street.. I am a busy person, but I still think his time is much more valuable than mine.... ? 12 years of intense training and preparation... If you want to talk and for someone to be nice to you; see a therapist@@

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

I would never re commend this individual. He is uncaring and rude and provides little time and information.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Dr. Gillespie performed cataract surgery on both my mother's eyes early this year. True, he does not communicate to begin with, but once you ask questions, he is responsive and clear. After the first time, when we asked questions, subsequent appointments were fine. He offers information.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Very poor communication. He has no time for any patient. Information to the patient is non existent . After many visits I still have no idea why my sight is deteriorating. Stay away from this man.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Rude and unprofessional behaviour displayed. Acted like I was an inconvenience and my time was of no value but his was priceless. Waited 45 mins to see him. I went to retrieve a paper for him which took less than 20 seconds. He didn't wait for me to return. Instead he went and saw another patient delaying my appointment by another ten minutes. Never told me what was happening. When he spoke he faced the computer so had to repeatedly ask him to repeat what he said. Handed me a paper and walked out of the room and was talking to me from the hallway. I could not understand anything. He also was eating during a portion of my eye exam which I found to be unhygienic and unprofessional. I have no idea about his surgical techniques but his inter patient communication skills are non existent. If you want a fantastic optometrist see Dr. Kelsey Bruce at Oakley Optical. She is the president of the Manitoba Association of Optometrists.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Excellent eye surgeon!! He Takes on many 'high risk' patients that a lot of other eye surgeons would not take due to a higher incidence of complications. Dr. Gillespie will operate if he fels it will enhance the patients function.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Rude, Arrogant. Doesn't answer patients questions. Looking for a new doctor as soon as possible!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I had a very good experience with Dr. Gillespie. Although my appointment took two hours, I didn't think that outrageous for a busy specialist's practice. He was friendly , answered my questions and suggested a way to avoid surgery. And yes, his staff is great.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017