Ratings for Dr. Gary Gelfand

Great doctor, too bad about his new secretary...she's lucky to have a job while so unpleasant and snarky.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I will be cancer free for one year as of the 21st of April thanks to Dr. Gelfand. He preformed an esophagectomy on me and I'm cured! How do you thank the person who gave you your life back? His professional , no nonsense , straightforward way was very appreciated . Would recommend Dr. Gelfand to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I went in for a consultation, he was 45 minutes late. He didn't ask me any question or stop talking long enough for me to ask any. He couldn't have been more full of himself, I am not sure he even looked at my file!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I would like to Thank D. Gelfand and his amazing team at the Foothills Hospital for fixing my Paraesophageal hernia (stomach was on my heart). Things are well now. Thank you very much! From Karen R and family

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Gelfand I found to be a no bull no nonsense Doctor him and his partner McFadden did a total lobectomy of my left upper lung and fixed what ever else. Am I cured no but I am alive. The you guys

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I waited the recommended time he stated then found out I waited to long my cancer spread

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Gelfand literally saved my life. I would have died if not for his amazing skilled hands. I had to have a tracheal resection, a fairly rare kind of surgery. I was in I.C.U. and in the hospital for 3 weeks with a trache & couldn't speak. I got the most amazing care at the Foothills hospital & Dr.Gelfand was a dream Dr. He would patiently wait as i wrote as that was my only way of communicating. I would trust this man with all my loved ones life. I would not be here if not for that amazing Dr. You won't find a better thoracic surgeon. My surgery was 6 & a half hours & was done needing no blood due to his skills. Go with full confidence in this Dr. He has an amazing skilled team & they treat you like they were working on their own families. The most amazing surgeon around!! How do you repay a man who saved your life. Just through much gratitude & telling everyone about him. Thank you Dr. Gelfand. You are an amazing human being!! Robin Currie

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr.Garry Gelfand is one of the nicest doctor you'll ever meet.Not once has he made me feel like it was my fault for having lung cancer because I smoked.He doesn't sugercoat , he tells it like it is.All the staff are very friendly.You know you are in good hands.Thank you.Danielle Skomorowski.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I just wanted to say that I may be out there for surgery if Ontario doesn't get their act together surgery wait times. I have been waiting for 1 year. Yes I said 1 year. You seem like a terrific surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My Name Is Wade.L, Dr.Gelfand In my opionion is the best of the best in his field, A man amongst men, to the man saying "go to a vet", mabe you didnt need a thoratic surgn as much as a brain surgn, I think you got your wires crossed you seem to be malfuctioning ;) I was a young man in my 20z when i rolled my truck and ruptured my diahram, my stomic was entering my chest crushing my lung and heart, Dr.Gelfand didnt look much older then me, But he was comfedent he could rebuild me, I was sold he was the man for the job i must say nothing came to me as a surprise i was told everythng to exspect, i never had any real pain after surgery at most sore like throbing, was more then ok with that, his assistant is a stand up Lady with an amazing memory (1000z of surgerys latter they still remeber me And willing to meet with me)with the care i got i told my family if im ever dieing take me to Foothill im ok with dieing there (if anything can be done to make things better thats the place to be)

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012