Ratings for Dr. Gary Gelfand

Dr. Gelfand I found to be a no bull no nonsense Doctor him and his partner McFadden did a total lobectomy of my left upper lung and fixed what ever else. Am I cured no but I am alive. The you guys

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I waited the recommended time he stated then found out I waited to long my cancer spread

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Gelfand literally saved my life. I would have died if not for his amazing skilled hands. I had to have a tracheal resection, a fairly rare kind of surgery. I was in I.C.U. and in the hospital for 3 weeks with a trache & couldn't speak. I got the most amazing care at the Foothills hospital & Dr.Gelfand was a dream Dr. He would patiently wait as i wrote as that was my only way of communicating. I would trust this man with all my loved ones life. I would not be here if not for that amazing Dr. You won't find a better thoracic surgeon. My surgery was 6 & a half hours & was done needing no blood due to his skills. Go with full confidence in this Dr. He has an amazing skilled team & they treat you like they were working on their own families. The most amazing surgeon around!! How do you repay a man who saved your life. Just through much gratitude & telling everyone about him. Thank you Dr. Gelfand. You are an amazing human being!! Robin Currie

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr.Garry Gelfand is one of the nicest doctor you'll ever meet.Not once has he made me feel like it was my fault for having lung cancer because I smoked.He doesn't sugercoat , he tells it like it is.All the staff are very friendly.You know you are in good hands.Thank you.Danielle Skomorowski.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I just wanted to say that I may be out there for surgery if Ontario doesn't get their act together surgery wait times. I have been waiting for 1 year. Yes I said 1 year. You seem like a terrific surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My Name Is Wade.L, Dr.Gelfand In my opionion is the best of the best in his field, A man amongst men, to the man saying "go to a vet", mabe you didnt need a thoratic surgn as much as a brain surgn, I think you got your wires crossed you seem to be malfuctioning ;) I was a young man in my 20z when i rolled my truck and ruptured my diahram, my stomic was entering my chest crushing my lung and heart, Dr.Gelfand didnt look much older then me, But he was comfedent he could rebuild me, I was sold he was the man for the job i must say nothing came to me as a surprise i was told everythng to exspect, i never had any real pain after surgery at most sore like throbing, was more then ok with that, his assistant is a stand up Lady with an amazing memory (1000z of surgerys latter they still remeber me And willing to meet with me)with the care i got i told my family if im ever dieing take me to Foothill im ok with dieing there (if anything can be done to make things better thats the place to be)

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Confidence in a Dr. Is very important and my husband and I felt great after our initial meeting. He doesn't sugar coat anything-don't know why anyone would not want the honest truth. He has a sense of humor and we left feeling great. I was not worried about his abilities and that made things so much easier going in. I have a long scar but it is smooth already-6weeks out and in a year will be beautiful. If you need major thoracic surgery he is your man. I loved this guy. I have another surgery on my other lung next week and have NO anxiety about it at all. You are in good hands with this man.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

I found Dr Gelfand to be very professional and articulate in his explanations to me and his handling of my situation and surgery.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

A wonderful doctor. He did a lobectomy in 2005 to remove a cancerous tumour. Friendly, informative, the best! All follow-ups have been with the same expeditious care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Great doctor. Performed a remarkable upper lung resection to get rid of a tumor my other thoracic surgeon wouldn't touch. His secretary was great as well. At all times I was kept informed of everything I needed to know, and recovered very quickly.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011