Ratings for Dr. John KAUFMANN

I went to this office once, and never again. The doctor was incredibly rude and condescending. He called me a control freak as I attempted to share my medical history with him. He told me I was trying to diagnose myself when I told him what other doctors had told me for many years. Told me I had no business going to a specialist when HE had not referred me (and I didn't require his referral). In addition, the office staff was unprofessional. It was the first time I saw a nurse or doctor's assistant smacking gum in front of patients. When I complained to her about his bedside manner, she tried to minimize it by joking that it's just how he is, but "he's an excellent diagnostician". I would NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

When he is in a good mood, he can be a very good guy and doctor. When he is in a bad mood - watch out! Moody, you never know what to expect. His office is poorly run - you get treated rudely. I left because he was too moody and irritable for me. That and the bad office help.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dismissive, Condescending, and Rude. Told me I was neurotic. Even if a patient IS neurotic, a good doctor doesn't say this. I think he hates women and he is very moody. Stay away.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Can be brutally blunt. Challenges you to take responsibility for your own healing (for ex, by lifting weights rather than electing shoulder surgery). But he's careful and examines you thoroughly, and his direct/honest assessments & advice are dead on. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

Very dogmatic and dismissive of patient's knowledge of subject. Unpleasant demeanor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2007

Doctor extremely rude & condescending. I have an HMO & he basically told me he's only in it for his copay. Would never refill any Rx's without office visit (to get his $$) - even for a daily blood pressure medicine. Seemed to have a general dislike for his patients. Very distasteful experience... changed primary doctor immediately. Definitely do not recommend as a physician - this guy is NOT a people person.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2007

Somewhat condescending to patients. Did not feel 100% comfortable with him, but cannot place my finger on why. Hope to change to a different PCP soon.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

Very disrespectful to patients.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2007

Poor bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Dr. John KAUFMANN's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Delray Beach, FL