You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett

Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett's Ratings

This year I had a rhinoplasty by Dr. Bartlett. He gave me as much time as I needed to ask all the questions I had. I was very anxious about proceeding with the procedure but his patience and time with me provided me with the courage to move ahead with the surgery. I am so pleased with the outcome. I was quite anxious after the surgery not knowing exactly how the healing would be and when the swelling would come down. I called his office many, many times and was always treated with kindness. Dr. Bartlett is a wonderful surgeon and him and Noreen make a wonderful team providing care, reassurance and expertise. My thanks go to this team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

This doctor's office is one of the worst I've ever had to go to. I was sent here from my GP due to it's proximity to where I live. I was having a procedure done to correct my breathing through my nose.

I met with the anesthesiologist, and everything was going well. Apparently the doctor was trying to call my phone while I was in the middle of a move across town. Due to this I could not return a call because they decided not to call my alternative cell number.

they cancelled the appt. when I had gone through everything they asked me to. This doctor seems to be in a HUGE rush, seems to rush patients, and the staff do not put any effort into contacting patients.

When I was at the hospital talking to the anesthesiologist, and going over all the details with my GP and the anesthesiologist.. It kinda indicates I'm moving ahead with the procedure.. guess in their books it isn't the case.

the procedures done, which this doctor does, can and are done by many doctors throughout the lowermainland. It's better to go to a different doctor that takes a bit more time and effort with the patients. The doctor may do dozens of these procedures every month or even week, but as a patient this happens to us once!

go to a different doctor. You'll get the same procedure without the risk of having the appointment cancelled and you won't feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2872401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I broke my nose two years ago in a sports incident and was referred to Dr. Bartlett. I had a surgery done 6 months after the incident and unfortunately it didn't seem to clear my airways as much as we had hoped. So 2 years to the date of the broken nose Dr. Bartlett went back in there and did a major reconstruction to my nose, and removed cartilage from my ear to replace the bone/cartilage that was damaged in my sports accident. I couldn't be any happier or more thankful for what he has done for me and my nose. Not only can I breathe 120% better, it also looks like my original nose (even better) no lumps, no bumps, it looks so straight and so perfect.. I love my new nose!!!! Dr. Bartlett himself is a wonderful doctor, very nice, extremely skilled and very knowledgeable. His receptionist was very helpful and always considerate of my work schedule and busy life, she was always trying her best to fit my appointments with my schedule. I would highly recommend this team to my family, friends and acquaintances.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2849906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I had a rhinoplasty several years ago and was looking to get a very conservative bump remove. As soon as the cast came off I actually looked like a different person and could not recognize myself. He took of so much lower lateral cartilidge that years later I went to a top surgeon and he refused to do my tip as he said all I have left is skin and pores so basically I am left with this forever. I have suffered for several years and my breathing is so bad that I have to wear nose strips at night. I should have went with my gut feeling as when I went in for a consulatation he was rushing me and as a plastic surgeon he should not be rushing you as you both need to be on the same page. The day before surgery I wanted to consult with him but his secretary who is really awful said talk to him on the operation table and was so against me even having a word with him the day before which was odd for a plastic surgeons office. I found her to be very possessive over him which is really kind of weird. She treated me so badly after surgery which was very different from before the surgery. Anyhow on the operation table I said just be very conservative and I should have backed out. I am now left with a deviated septum and bulbous tip and have been wearing my glasses for the last few years as I cannot even recognize myself. When i went to see him after and complained this is not at all what i wanted he tried to get me out of his office by calling in the next patient. Please do your research before choosing a surgeon and make sure he really understands you and consults with you a day prior to your surgery. I had such a bad experience with Dr. Bartlett that it was actually barbaric how much cartilidge he took off and when I complained did not even offer to atleast refund me. When you are looking for surgeons check if he has won any awards, not just making sure he is board certified as you will live with your nose forever so you have to choose the best doctor. Please stay away from this doctor as it was almost unethical and did not go over what he was going to do. Unfortunately I have no choice but to live with this as much as I hate it, I have no other option.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have worked with Dr. Bartlett for many years and feel compelled to address some of the issues mentioned in the previous posting. I myself had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Bartlett several years ago and I could not be happier with the results. The comments from the previous posting strike me as somewhat irrational and over-stated. Due to confidentiality agreements, this patient's 'before and after' photos cannot be shared to illustrate the technical characteristics of surgery, but this patient's results clearly showed a marked improvement in aesthetics. Any further dissatisfaction could be easily addressed as a minor revision which is occasionally necessary with rhinoplasty surgery.
I am posting in part, to share the positive results I myself experienced as a patient of Dr. Bartlett's. Another reason I post here is to encourage other readers to be educated and informed consumers who use their own common sense and judgement when making decisions about surgeons. Be careful of what you believe when reading dramatic comments as below. Unfortunately there are patients who may never be satisfied despite a clear improvement in aesthetics. We try to screen as best as possible for patients who may have unrealistic expectations. Find a surgeon who, like Dr. Bartlett has experience, superior training and a strong reputation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2842042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I don't normally give reviews like this, but in this case i feel as if it is necessary. I had rhinoplasty done by Bartlett in 2011 and it was the most horrifying experience I have endured. I was left with so much scar tissue that my nose is very bulbous at the tip, i also have a sharp edge of bone on the left side. I couldn't be less happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819853].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 27, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Andrew Bartlett! I had a rhinoplasty done last January with fabulous results. He's very professional and took the time to listen to my concerns. Noreen , his MOA, is also very kind and helpful. Huge thank you to everyone including the staff at Cambie Surgery Center.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2797628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr Bartlett did an amazing job with my nose! I couldn't be any happier. I'm so glad I went to him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2742735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I recently had a revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Bartlett and I couldn't be happier with the result. Dr. Bartlett recognized immediately what needed to be corrected, carefully explained the procedure, and produced an image of what I should expect after the surgery. The result is exactly what was produced in the computer image. I honestly wasn't expecting such an awesome outcome - Dr. Bartlett is truly the Michelango of Cosmetic Surgeons. I can't say enough about what a positive experience it has been.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2727211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

hes okay i guess
bhdfhdfhd fdkjfkdjf kljfkld jfkdj fklj

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629278].votes_count ]]