Ratings for Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett

I recently had a a rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Bartlett. I am very satisfied with the results. My only regret is that I waited so long to have the procedure done. I would recommend him to anyone who is considering cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I deeply regret my decision to move forward with rhinoplasty with this doctor. Dr. Bartlett has left me with an asymmetrical nose that has changed my appearance for the worse. In addition, my breathing is worse off than it was before the surgery. It was a total flop on all accounts. I have since spoken with multiple patients of Dr. Bartlett's who are also extremely unhappy with their rhinoplasty results as well. So if you are considering this doctor do your homeward. Also please read reviews on real self. Don't trust the positive reviews as I think the majority of them are fake. Here is a bit more about my story... I met with Dr. Bartlett after meeting with a couple other plastic surgeons. I thought because he was a facial cosmetic specialist that he would be the right choice for rhinoplasty as opposed to a surgeon that does everything. I had my consultation with Dr. Bartlett and he acted very confident that he could subtly give me the result I wanted. I felt like the consultation went well and I was happy with the digital rendering he generated in his office. He was pleasant and didn't rush me at all. Unfortunately, that's where my positive experience ends with this doctor. I had my surgery last June and had concerns as soon as the cast came off which Dr. Bartlett blamed on swelling and gave me the speech on how I couldn't judge anything for a year. I guess I have been holding off on this review until the first year has passed which is now. Unfortunately for me, my nose got worse with time. Irregulatities started showing more and more once the swelling came down. There are multiple problems with the appearance of my nose and it's not going to be an easy fix for any surgeon to correct. At two months after the surgery I sent him a panicked email and his response was "we can just add some filler to those areas to cover it up." I was shocked that any doctor would recommend this to me over email without seeing me in person and determining the problems with my nose. At my three month appointment, I had to point out every single irregularity and problem with my nose. It took some time for him to acknowledge these things. I'm sorry, but I didn't realize it was my job to point our the surgeons errors on my nose? Shouldn't your surgeon have higher standards than you and want their patients to be happy? Shouldn't surgeons want to perform great work and thoroughly examine their work to ensure the outcome is as discussed? Shouldn't surgeons want to be happy with their work? Well, none of this happened with Dr. Bartlett. His follow up care has not being good. I didn't got to my 9 month follow up apt. or 12 month apt. and I haven't heard from his office since I was there for my second follow up. I think they are happy moving on and forgetting about the errors they made on me. I am now in the process of consulting with the highest rated, most experienced rhinoplasty specialists in the states for my revision. This is been a very unhappy year for me and I truly hope that a happy ending is in my near future. I would strongly recommend against using this doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett

Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett's response
I am sorry that you are so unhappy with your rhinoplasty experience. As I discuss with all patients preoperatively, despite best efforts at the time of surgery, further management may be necessary beyond surgery to attain your ultimate goal with rhinoplasty. Not uncommonly this may involve minor changes with use of massage, fillers or steroids and less commonly further surgery i.e. revision rhinoplasty. These options were discussed with you at your last visit several months after surgery. You expressed a wish to have more comprehensive revision surgery in one year depending on the final outcome at that time. We tried calling you on 2 occasions several months ago to set up an appointment to discuss further management but have not heard back from you. I would like nothing more than for you to be happy with your final result and am available for you at any time to discuss this further. Sincerely Dr Bartlett

Submitted September 17, 2016

I had a revision rhinoplasty with dr Bartlett a few years ago. I chose him based on good reviews and the shortest wait time, I made the biggest mistake of my life. I have an asymmetric nose and horrible feeling of pressure and pain in my nose that is getting worse with time. I paid $11000 to live in constant pain. Be very careful with who you choose to do your surgery, read as many reviews as possible. Having my revision rhinoplasty with dr Bartlett is the biggest regret I have in my life.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I have had eye lid surgery and sinus surgery both with Dr. Bartlett. I could not have been happier with both results. I would go back to him in an instant and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I am a 20 year old male whose nose had an oversized bridge of cartilage and bone with a hump, and a droopy tip. It had no prior injury to it - simply a cosmetic issue. The nose looked visually disproportional to my facial structure and I wanted it changed. After a couple years of pondering about the prospect of rhinoplasty surgery and consulting a few surgeons in the meantime, I finally decided that at the end of November 2015, I would have it done by Dr. Bartlett. It is now almost 7 months later and the decision that I was ever so skeptical and cautious about, so far, has been one of the most uplifting choices I've made. The staff at the Cambie Surgery Centre were ever so helpful during the process, along with Dr. Bartlett himself. The healing process can be tricky as the nose is susceptible to many things during the healing process. I was provided with all that I needed and I assured myself that rest and taking time to heal was best. I have gone back to visit him several times since the surgery but only due to his care and concern of my nose. It has healed extremely well over time. He wanted to make sure there were no complications of any sort. Sometimes during the follow ups he may seem a little rushing, but he is a busy man so it is understandable. He still did great work. Noreen at the front desk is great at what she does and was a big help as well. One can read reviews on the internet of all sorts of doctors which certainly can be a helpful reference, but that person must make the executive decision of what is best for them. I personally had read many reviews of various doctors but ultimately chose Dr. Bartlett and am extremely happy that I did. I would recommend him, but no two people are the same so each patient must go with the gut feeling, exactly like I did.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Got a rhinoplasty done from him based on reviews and short wait but he didn't do that great of a job, now I'm on a long waiting list to see another surgeon who can hopefully do a better job.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

In 2003 I underwent a face/eye lift and chin implant operation. Dr. Bartlett performed the procedure and the results were fantastic. I have enjoyed the results now for 13 years and still have a firm jaw line. I continue to see Dr. Bartlett for regular Botox injections with wonderful results. I highly recommend him as he is a caring, careful and talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Had my Septorhinoplasty done almost 2 weeks ago and it's perfect. Obviously theres still some swelling but the shaping and straightening of the nose was done to perfection. Dr. Bartlett was great throughout the process and even gave his cell phone number after surgery just in case I have any quick questions. The staff at cambie surgery centre was great (Especially Wendy and Donna) and I would recommend Dr. Bartlett to anyone looking to get a septo or rhinoplasty. He is a bit pricy but that's a good sign since he has tons of experience and training which totally eased me in the entire process. As the swelling is going down day by day, my nose is starting to look just like the computer imaging. Dr. Bartlett is well worth the time and money.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Please do your research before choosing this doctor- I went with this doctor based on the good reviews and I am unhappy with my rhinoplasty. Make sure to look at his before and afters on his website, and do not solely rely on "reviews". I wish more patients would speak out.

Submitted March 5, 2016

I was extremely happy with the way I was treated by Dr. Bartlett and his staff. He was very knowledgable. He answered all my questions and put me at ease with all my worries about my nasal procedure. the end result was wonderful. I was able to breathe again!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. J. Andrew Bartlett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients