Ratings for Dr. Wade Steed

Not helpful at all, very condescending, and doesn't listen to patients concerns.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Horrible, ignorant, and arrogant, obviously only works for the Big Pharmaceutical for that good almighty $$$$. Mom, Dad seen him on different circumstances, took Dad into Hosp, figured nothing out even after we told them wat issue was, only wanted to discharge and very ignorant, no compassion. Took Dad in Emergency, was treated very unfair, insulting and no respect. Wanted to send him home, when still bleeding internally, and could not take one step on his own, to get out of bed, expecting my mother to deal with it. Dad family Doctor was Dr Young, would not let us c him, as he took him on in emergency. Dr young is one of few that is actually compassionate, and will listen and try figure things out. He wouldn’t allow that. I refused to let Dad leave, thought we were gonna have meeting with him and family. He didn’t show, sent young female doctor instead cause he didn’t have guts to show up. Have been telling everyone I know to not c him, waste time and energy. Would only send people to him if I wanted them to die. Recon and Meridian Integrated Health and Wellness Center in Lethbridge, where they do more then just hand out poison for pills, that hurt immune system, and do proper tests, and have respect. Always tell everyone, why go back and c doc if he does not do anything for u. They work for us, we Do Not work for them. If not do anything why would we just buy pain killers that don’t do anything, only damage us further. Don’t c him, he don’t get pd. So stop making apmnts, waste time and energy to get insulted, and he gets pd, Hellooooo

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I have had Dr. Wade steed for quite some time now and I think he is wonderful. He always treats us very well and seems concerned if we have any questions and makes sure to answer them. I actually prefer that he is slightly blunt and just gets to the point. I'm not there to be buddy buddy, I'm there because I have medical problems/questions and he always answers them professionally. Will continue seeing him as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I really like Dr. Wade Steed. He has been my doctor for several years and became my children's doctor as well. I find him extremely punctual and caring. He is very much a straight shooter, which is possibly why some of the other reviews consider him rude and uncaring. He always listens to my concerns and hears me out completely. He always does a thorough job when investigating mys medical concerns and any concerns I have for my children. I think he is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Horrible doctor. I've been sick for well over a week with dry nasal congestion, sore throat (due to the nasal congestion) and fever. Normally doctors use their stethoscope and have a listen to your chest and back but not this guy. He just assumed I have a sore throat infection and prescribed antibiotics. Didn't bother checking up my nose or looking into my ears. Was hoping to get something for my nasal passages which is the root cause of everything but this guy knows what's best. Even recommended me to take 2 antibiotics then 1 later so I actually take 3 (since I saw him near lunch). Everyone knows if you miss a dose you should never make up for it and just continue with the next dose. How this guy is a doctor idk. It's no wonder I was able to get an appointment to see him on Monday, I highly doubt he's ever busy. First and last time I see this guy.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Went to emergency room with suicidal ideation. Talked down to me. I asked him for help as i felt i was a danger to myself and his response was to ask what kind of help. Utterly useless made me feel crazy. Walked out of the emergency room when he started insulting me. I suppose you are only eligible for help from Wade if you have an illness that he agrees with. His bedside manner is terrible. Will be filing a report with the AMA. I will not be seeing this terrible doctor again.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

Wont be back to see him again. Totally arrogant, figures he knows my health better than I do on first visit. Wouldnt listen to any of my concerns. Folded arms, nose in the air, a waste of time trying to talk to him. Will be going outside Taber to find a Doctor now

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I have found Wade to be kind and good with me and my son...He is not a god, he is not a KNOW ALL.. DOCTORS are PRACTICING MEDICINE ON US PEOPLE!! LOOK into your symptoms be aware ...

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I had an unnecessary hysterectomy over this clown. I was experiencing abdominal pains that were worsening over the course of two years...the pains would become unbearable I would vomit, run fevers and feel miserable about once a month or so. Steed would look unconcerned and would just blow me off. I even asked him could it be apendix? Finally I went to my gynecologist and requested a hysterectomy thinking that perhaps that would solve my problem. During that surgery my surgeon also had my apendix removed...she said that I must have been ill for at least a couple of years judging by the scar tissue. I don't know how this guy keeps his licence.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011