Ratings for Dr. Barb Schweiger

She has been my optometrist for many years, absolutely love her. Very considerate of any concerns, explains exactly what is going on and how specific prescription lenses will help. very relaxed, excellent at what she does. Love her!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Barb Schweiger is a fabulous optometrist! I would recommend her to EVERYONE.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

The best doctor on this side of the Mississippi! Very knowledgeable and kind. Just a brilliant and ingenius doctor!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I have gone to her for almost 20 years, and so did my daughters who are now grown and living elsewhere. She is professional, caring, timely, and a wonderful person. She always is pleasant and has a smile.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr Schweiger was fantastic (and the rest of the staff) with my elderly parents. She was so nice anad accomadated their every need. She also explained everything clearly and twice if dad couldn't hear her. I absolutely would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

I would reccommend Dr. Schweiger to anyone looking for a new optomistrist, or looking for a second opinion. She is great with children and with adults. I have 3 children and they have been seeing her since their first check-ups at age 2. She is very knowledgable; I have a hereditary eye problem, and she was able to explain it better than every other specialist I have ever seen. Her staff is amazing, and very professional. They are always on time, and take the time to answer any questions we have. We have discussed the following eye issues with their office: near-sightedness, far-sightedness, LASIK, astigmatism, contact lenses, and glaucoma, and have been pleased with every interaction we have had. .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Fantastic! Had her since I was 4, I am 31 now! So down to earth! Love her! Wish she was a GP too!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

I had some concerns about my eyesight after getting Lasik done almost 3 years ago. Not only did Dr. Schweiger dispel my fears, but explained exactly what was going on in my eye and why my vision was like that. I didn't get ANY of this info from Lasik despite asking about it every single time I went in! She is so knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic about her work. I'd recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

She is ABSOLUTELY the best. ALL health care providers should aspire to reach her level of professionalism and doctor/patient communication. While reading comments about other doctors on this ratemd's site, I just shake my head over the lack of respect other doctors have for their patients. Dr. Schweiger listens, does not pre-judge, has patience while a person explains their symptoms in layman's terms, and is at all times considerate and respectful. Other medical doctors who are condescending to their patients could certainly take more than a few lessons from Dr. Schweiger. She exhibits good old-fashioned respect and common decency. While you are in an appointment with Dr. Schweiger, her entire focus is on you and your medical condition. I highly recommend her and give her an A+++ in all areas.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2007

Kind, smart and really knows her business. You always feel listened to, and know that she cares about you and what you are doing. I can't imagine seeing anyone who is as good as her. Highly recommend her to all ages.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007