Ratings for Dr. Dorothy M. Christiansen

Little to no interaction or concern for how I feel. Never looks at my joints or asks detailed questions about me. Not very personable.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Very personable! She is a fantastic doctor and I would likely recommend!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

The worst !!!!!! I did not want to go on antidepressants without a diagnosis . She said she couldn't help me but she just didn't want to . This was my 3rd visit and my total time with her for 3 visits was less than a hour. She turned me away with no help . ZERO bedside manner!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Not very happy with how they just handled my last treatment.. totally brushed me off.. Sent me my results using the portal (email) and never bothered to call me. I think I am going to change Dr....

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

This doctor and staff represent total confusion. I don't know how this person got thru medical school.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

I will never return to this office! The office staff is, well, gross. The language that they used when talking to each other, with a lobby fully of elderly people is nothing short of atrocious. After an extremely long wait - and a couple of inquiries of the classless front desk person, I was finally brought to a room. Where I waited. And waited. Dr. Christiansen bustled in, started talking at (not to) me in her nasally monotone. She never asked me a single question that she didn't answer for herself - from start to finish, I had the sense that she couldn't wait to get out of the room. She may have the smarts to have made it through medical school, but her people skills are utterly nonexistent.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr. Christiansen is the worst doctor I have ever seen. Others have already documented her complete lack of bedside manner, though the last time I saw her she made an effort to look up from her laptop. (I get the sense she doesn't much like her job, but is aware of the criticism and is trying.) She wrote down a bad diagnosis based on a whim that required me to go to another doctor to strike from my record as totally groundless. She scoffed at a recommendation I brought up from another doctor, and then reneged on the opinion on the next visit. When I tried to switch to another doctor in the practice who I saw when she was out and liked tremendously, I found out the office policy was not to switch, to keep office harmony -- so I have a feeling this request comes up often. If you go to this office, try Dr. Goodman or Heisman.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

In reading all the comments on Dr. C yes some of it I find to be true especially the lack of bedside manner. But she has been the only doctor to really help me. She fought for me to get free shots that cost 2,000 a shot being I have NO insurance. I got those shots and I'm pain free. She even went as far as giving me two months of 50% discount because my husband has been laid off and we have no insurance. Yes she sits on the laptop the whole time, and yes it seems like she isn't listening but she is listening you might have to ask a question more than once as I have. She has gone above and beyond anything a doctor has ever done for me before. She is the second rheumatologist I have been to the first one did NOTHING! The first one had awesome bedside manner, Dr C does not but I am pain free thanks to her! I would rather be pain free...You can't have it all. If you can tell me who!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Christensen for a number of years. I have never felt like I was being listened to, also she never physically gave me an exam. It seemed she was afraid to touch me. I had been seeing her for a mouth problem, she couldn't diagnose, so I was just living with it and went to see her one time for a different complaint. I had chest palpitations, pain in my neck and was very dizzy and short of breath. After explaining this to her, she looked at me and asked me how my mouth was and I said the same, she said, well I don't know what to tell you, I guess you should see a nose and throat specialist. I responded, what about my other symptoms and she walked out of the room, came back with a referral card and ushered me out of the room. I contacted by husbands Cardiologist and discovered I was on the verge of having a heart attack. I am now looking for a new Dr. and would not recommend her. Sorry!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

The office staff is uncompassionate & miserable. Dr spends the entire visit staring at her laptop and reviewing information she should already know going into the appt - which tells me she doesn't know me from the next person & doesn't care. When asked if I could reschedule with another doctor in the practice was told that it's office policy not to because it causes "hard feelings". Don't understand how she can have hard feelings when she shows no compassion nor cares to get to know her patients! Argued with me over allergic reactions (like previous poster) - and lost complete faith in her decision making. Don't waste your time/copay with this Dr!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Dorothy M. Christiansen's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)