Ratings for Dr. Joie Russo

Lack of knowledge and the front desk staff is unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Plan to wait at least 30 minutes before seeing Dr Russo

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

As an older woman I find Dr. Russo very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about medical issues - not just GYN concerns. As an ex-New Yorker myself I'm not surprised she speaks so fast that sometimes my aging ears don't get it all the first time around. So, I just ask her again.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

For the past year and a half I've had pain during sex. Over the course of several visits during those 18 months Dr. Russo told me that nothing was wrong except some vaginal dryness and to 'have more sex' to stretch myself out. After several experiences with her very cold/rude staff and visits with her waiting 45 minutes for her then to rush in and out in just a couple of minutes, I went to a new OBGYN. Upon examination she immediately diagnosed the problem - raw skin around my episiotomy from delivering my daughter that had never fully healed and kept getting re-irritated every time I had sex. I'm now on special creams and am healing. If I stayed with Dr. Russo this would have continued and impacted me (and my marriage) indefinitely. In my opinion this shows a real lack of knowledge on her part, or maybe just a failure to thoroughly examine her patients - not sure which is worse. I have never rated a doctor before in my life but this experience prompted me to warn others here.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Russo for a few years. She is friendly, nice and very reliable. She always returns my calls. Her staff is very professional, sweet and also reliable. I am in an out for every visit which is awesome. I am a very busy person. I love how no news is good news. Her office is very clean an very pink. I would recommend Dr. Joie Russo to anybody. I love her office and I love to hear about her kids. She will be delivering mine.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Russo's for seven years and it has always been a great experience. She was wonderful during the period when I was having trouble getting pregnant. She was always checking up on me and answered any questions that I had. During my pregnancy, she was very attentive, caring and knowledgeable. I found her staff to be very helpful as well. I have recommended her to several of my friends and they are all so equally pleased.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Had a bad experience. My first pregnancy with complications and I was rushed in and out of my doctors vist. They sent me to get lab work done and after I went to get lab work done I was waiting all day for the results. Since they didn't call me like they said they would I finally called at the end of the day and the girl at the front desk told me I had a miscarriage and was very short with me. I would at least expect to get an explanation from the doctor or at least talk to the doctor. It's unproffesional to have the staff tell such terrible news as if it was nothing. If I hadn't of called would they have remembered to call me?

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Worst. Medical "Professional". EVER. I just realized that she isn't an MD but a DO...whatever that is!? That may explain her inability to act like a Dr. I came to her b/c I changed insurances but am now searching for another Dr..a real DR. Her staff is RUDE and Russo herself seems flighty. It's scary that she actually has patients that may need help!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

Dr. Russo is difficult to get in contact with, and is really not there often enough. Her secretary is cold and rude.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Dr. Russo is nice enough. I havent felt rushed by her but have only gone for annual checkups. I find the staff very unprofessional and rude. Dr. Russo's associate was nice but lacked experience and technique. The bathroom was out of order, which was annoying when you need to ahve a pap smear with a full bladder. Looking for new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr. Joie Russo's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encino, CA