Ratings for Dr. Paul Marks

Very helpful and knowledgeable I would highly recommend Dr. Marks.

Submitted December 29, 2016

Amazing Doctor, with huge knowledge and humour! He did my son's ACL reconstruction last month, and we can tell the surgery is a great success. My son is looking forward to going back to basketball. His secretary Ms. Lisa Keable is the best secretary I've ever met. Very friendly and always responds emails fast! Very helpful! Thank you!

Submitted August 22, 2016

Excellent surgeon! I had a really bad tear on my shoulder that was 3 years old. Everyone told me I waited too long to get surgery and couldn't help me. Dr. Marks took on the difficult task and fixed my shoulder! Thanks a million!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Amazing surgeon. Great sense of humour, makes you feel at ease. Had a knee scope surgery years ago, did a wonderful, clean job. You can barely see the scars. My surgery was right before Christmas and he called me a few times during the holidays to check on me. I was skiing 5 weeks later!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I had ACL reconstruction with Dr. Marks in Dec/2014. I highly recommend him. I saw three different surgeons, and Dr. Marks was my clear top choice. He didn't rush through any appointments with me and patiently answered my questions. His medical secretary Lisa is wonderful. Not yet a year and a half later, I don't think about my knee anyone when I'm on court.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Though my GP recommended surgery for a meniscus tear several months prior to meeting with Dr. Marks and his intern, Dr. Niven, both doctors affirmed I was fortunate with the physiotherapy exercises prescribed by Positive Motion and my prayers resulted not only in my not requiring surgery, but also the MRI and x-rays showed any surgery in the near future was unlikely. I was also pleasantly surprised at how friendly and personable everyone was, especially since we arrived late after driving several hours in the winter to get to Sunnybrook. Greatly appreciated too was the detailed synopsis Dr. Niven provided my GP and myself. And I admired Dr. Marks comment that they are surgeons and do surgeries, though they prefer to exhaust other options first. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Marks gave me a new ACL following a knee injury ski racing. I was back to skiing by the next ski season. He's positive and knowledgeable, and I'm thankful for him and his great staff at Sunnybrook. I continue to be an avid athlete all thanks to him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Paul Marks is extremely talented and knowledgeable doctor, who has successfully reconstructed my ACL and made it possible for me to get my life back. The surgery was necessary for me due to the instability in the knee after skiing accident , which led to a number of repeated injuries including meniscus tears. My job requires me to be in a good physical condition, which would not be possible without successful ACL reconstruction. I am not a very young person and was not sure how long the recovery will take. However, now 6 months later I am feeling great, back to my regular activities. Thanks a million! Administrative assistant, Ms. Lisa Keable was very helpful in providing information and scheduling the visits and the surgery. I would also like to acknowledge other doctors assisting in the surgery and the staff of Sunny Brooks Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Helped me with my botched ACL, Excellent team, staff and amazing doctor. Always funny and gave me back my mobility. Thank you Dr. Marks!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I have been meaning to provide a comment on here about Dr. Marks for a while since he performed ACL surgery (with no meniscus repair) on me in Sept 2011. I had reservations before going into surgery and I initially tried to treat my injury conservatively (e.g. through physio) for years. However, my desire to return to an active lifestyle / sports pushed me over the edge as I was tired of feeling hesitation or fear of instability in the knee during lateral movements. 4 years later and the results have been extremely positive. My post-operative knee feels stronger and more stable than my non-operated leg. Though, I must say this involves diligent care and dedication to your rehab / physio treatment plan post-surgery as well. I was on crutches for about 1 month post-op, and progressed to 80% full strength / agility / coordination at approximately 6 months. I would I say it took about 1 year before I was at 100%. A couple details I should note here: - (Although minor) Compared to other people who've had the same procedure with a different surgeon, aesthetically their scar looks less clean and precise (I had a patella graft done) - I've heard numerous people post-surgery having the need to wear an ACL brace even after their rehab; with Dr. Marks - this is not necessary! As long as you stick to your rehab / physio plan - you'll be good. - Dr. Marks performed ACL surgery on my older brother back in 2002 or 2003? with very similar results Lastly - there is a reason why Dr. Marks is the medical director for the Toronto Raptors. His skill and expertise are simply incredible - life changing! Thanks Dr. Marks - hope you get a chance to read this.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Paul Marks's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1986)

Sagamore Health Network