Ratings for Dr. Paul Darlington

Dr. P. Darlington has been retired for years and is no longer a Canadian resident.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

He should be sued in a class action lawsuit and so should the companies who hire him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Be careful seeing this doctor. I have been advised by other practitioners that insurance companies use him to evaluate patients to return to work even when not ready. Refuse to meet him and seek an independent evaluation.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I do not know how this man can live with himself. He is either an imbecile or a sociopath. He came into his interview room, and told me, "we are all friends". However I was warned about his tactics and kept my answers to "yes" or "no". But when his report came out, it was if he was speaking about a different person. I knew I was hurt. The X-Rays, the MRI's and nerve studies proved that I was hurt. But Dr. Darlington, imbecile/sociopath was able to use his stellar skill and provide a report claiming it was all in my head. I honestly believe that any post that praises the man, was written by a member of Darlingtons staff or Darlington himself. This man represents the worst in mankind. A person who will destroy others for personal gain.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

This Doctor was everything I had feared. Every nasty comment and review I heard before going to see him was true. He is a horrible human being for doing what he does to people. I wonder how much the insurance companies pay him to reject people's claims. I never imagined that there could be a doctor who was so short on cash (or whatever it is that motivates him) that he would abuse his power to the extent that this man does. Why does he still have a license? I'm sure one day soon he will lose it although it would be more fitting to see him in jail for spreading lies about the innocent, injured and ill people that come to see him. If you are referred to see him, REFUSE! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEE THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I had the displeasure of seeing this dude back in 2001. I have no idea how this guy got his license or how he has been permitted to keep it. Bought and paid for by insurance companies to disclaim all applications. My doctor told me I should sue him for the things he said in his report about me. I couldn't be bothered, that would mean I would have to waste more of my time with this jerk. CPP comissioned him for my claim, although I was already receiving benefits from Great west life. Great west life insurance company told me his report was seriously flawed. You know the guy is bad when even the insurance companies admit it. My doctor told me that Darlington had more complaints with the college of physicians than any other doctor is all of alberta. It is a shame when people who are suffering with disabilities are subject to the type of crap this Dr. does to all.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Saw a lot of negative comments about this gentleman. I walked in to the assessment very apprehensive. He was polite and thorough. We joked a little but he was very professional. I don't yet know the results of my assessment or his report to my employer but I feel that the previous comments don't characterize the man I met.

Submitted January 26, 2013

Doctor Darlington was late to my appointment and has a brusque, unpleasant manner. He avoids eye contact and mumbles. He fires out questions saying "do you have.." and rattles off 20 conditions so fast you can't remember any but the last one or two. If you hesitate he asks "Are you trying to make something up?"! He doesn't recognize the names of his peers and was unfamiliar with treatments I mentioned. He thought he was a better judge of pain and injury than an orthopaedic surgeon and a anasthesiologist despite not physically examining me! He mostly works now by preparing reports for people who want to find someone guilty of malingering. If you look at his reports online ALL instances site malingering! Every one I could find on Google! Most judges know not to listen to him, I recommend staying away from him. I personally feel he has issues himself to write so many nasty reports!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Darlington did the unthinkable: he told me that there IS NO medication for me, and that I'd likely end-up a drug addict. This, after only two trials of medication! I am still _not_ a drug addict, and never was. What a horrible thing to say! I sensed that he lied a lot. He stated that he did not have the authority to put my in Hospital (which is false). He would not prescribe benzodiazepines, eventhough they would have allowed me to go back to work. An irrational choice! Had only very limited knowledge on Anxiety Disorders. Have now found a Psychiatrist (after searching many years) who is much more Knowledgable and Helpful. Oh, and my Anxiety status is now much better. Shame on you Dr. Darlington !!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2008

I had a stroke like reaction to a WCB referred cotisone injection. I had nearly another stroke having to go to Darlington, during his "interrogation" and then again when I read his report..Malingering?? for gain?? Is there no shame.What a waste of taxpayer's money.Yes to class action lawsuit.Seems pretty obvious to me he had to come up with something to meet the objective, get me off WCB because I wasn't "cured' by the arbitarary deadline.where is that in the Oath?Shame shame.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008