Ratings for Dr. Deborah A. Nio

Dr Nio is a great clinician and I have complete confidence in her medical skills. Unfortunately, she has one of the rudest, nastiest nurses I have ever had the misfortune to come in contact with. The office staff seems to simply not care as requests go unanswered and patients are treated with indifference at best and with contempt or derision at worst. Summary: a great Dr practicing in a bad environment.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Although I believe Dr. Nio is very intelligent, going to her office is not worth it. The office staff and her nurse are completely unprofessional and difficult to get in touch with. Do not expect to receive a return call from the nurse on the same day or the next day unless you call and complain several times. Dr. Nio is never running on time therefore be prepared to sit in the waiting room for an hour. I would NOT advise anyone to go to Dr. Nio. She really needs to work for a more organized, better maintained office or she is going to lose all her patients.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr Nio "uh huh"'d her way through my appointment. She brushed off my complaint of pain despite the fact that I only wanted answers, not pain meds. She never even touched the joint that I complained about. I spoke with her about difficulty breathing and she was halfway out of the room before remembering to listen to my lungs. I'm definitely looking for another doctor. The front office staff is curt but would be worth enduring if I felt I was at least getting a proper exam.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

I wish I had read these comments before transferring to Dr. Nio. I too really liked her in my initial visit, but the experience I have had with the office staff has me looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

The doctors at this practice are good. The office staff however is horrible. Expected to be treated as a number by a rude over paid secretary. If you get to the doctor without walking out, you'll be just fine.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

Dr. Nio is a wonderful doctor who I trusted and highly recommend; however I stopped going to her office due to her extremely rude office staff. It's unfortunate that she could not find a better quality clinic. I would not recommend setting up an appointment with anyone named sarah.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. Nio is very nice, and willing to discuss whatever issues you have without rushing you. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. Nio is really wonderful -- a good listener, very very smart and capable but also very kind and easy to talk to, which can be rare, unfortunately. She did not seem rushed at all and really made me feel like we could have a good dr/patient relationship I would trust. I am so glad to have found her since we are new to town and I didn't have a good personal recommendation to go from, and I hope she can be my PCP for many years to come. HIGHLY recommended.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

In order to get perscription transferred from another dr. she made me see another specialist, (despite the fact she knew I had no insurance), which cost me $1,000, and then refused to write me a new script, stating she didn't like when people "told" her what meds worked for them because she "was the doctor" and she "got tired of people telling her what to do". She could have told me that BEFORE I WASTED $1,000!!!!!! There went my Christmas money.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Nio is absolutely fabulous -- very caring and intelligent, and her bedside manner will put you totally at ease. I don't like it when I can't get an appointment with her, and have to go to one of the other doctors at Family Practice. I'm just not as comfortable around them. I'm sure they're fine doctors, but she's so great at interacting with patients, there's no comparison.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008