Ratings for Dr. Nikolas Tsandelis

I have been looking for a doctor to do a partial hysterectomy for 8 years , every doctor has pushed other things on me to help with my problems because they don't feel comfortable doing it on someone my age. they all told me to just wait till i am 30 even though I need it done. Dr. Tsandelis listed the same thing every other doctor did ( just to cover his butt i am sure) , he has me booked in with no fighting and no you are to young bull .

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Tsandelis inserted my IUD today. At our initial appointment to discuss options, he pushed for the hormonal IUD. I stressed no hormones. He seemed annoyed with my decision. He wrote a scrip for the Flexi-T 380+. I returned a month later for insertion. I sat for 45 minutes before being seen. Due to surgery on my cervix 25 years ago, it is very short. He was annoyed by this and complained during insertion that the copper IUD was too big for such a small cervix. Yet he knew of my past surgery and chose to prescribe the largest IUD. He really struggled to insert it. It took about 5 full minutes of searing pain for me while he continuously complained about my cervixestoo-short and the "archaic copper IUD." He didn't encourage me to breathe or relax. The pain was ridiculous. He had to dilate my cervix 3 times and I was trying not to cry. He kept saying how the Myrena (hormonal IUD) is so much better--during insertion! As if he was trying to make me feel guilty about my choice and how difficult I was making it for him. Meanwhile, I'm the one lying there enduring stabbing pain. Finally he got it inserted and continued to explain why the copper IUD is so inconvenient. Then he explained that the Flexi-T has a no-refund, no-exchange policy if it perforates or dislodges so he doesn't like it. I reminded him that he prescribed it. I was dizzy and nauseated from the pain and wanted to ask if that was normal. But he got up to leave, totally avoided eye contact. Worst of all, he gave me NO aftercare instructions. He didn't tell me what kind of sensations to expect. He didn't tell me not to have a bath for 48 hours. He didn't tell me to look for the IUD string, or how to do this. Not even an aftercare pamphlet. I had to look everything up online. Furthermore, his receptionist seems really put out to have to book appointments. She's not a people person. Calling the office and speaking to anyone is a huge challenge as phones are answered 2 mornings a week only. Dr. Tsnadelis made me feel like me and my incompetent cervix were an inconvenience. Women who endure IUD insertion should be reassured, commended, and given kindness throughout and after. It's not a comfortable procedure. Why be an OB/Gyn if you have little patience? He's not passionate about his job.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Staff are nice and helpful. Waiting times vary but I do not find it longer than other specialist. He does give priority to some people which I used to find annoying until I understood that they are coming back for a quick follow up and not a consult. He is very knowledgeable and helpful and if you ask for details he takes the time to explain it. IUD insertion was very smooth and he has done a great job figuring out some pain I suffer from. He really loves what and he really cares for his patiences.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Tsandelis twice and both times I've had a good experience. He removed my iud a few weeks ago and did a very good job. I had been bleeding a lot due to complications with my iud. He did not complain or advise me to come back. He was quick and I had no pain when getting the iud removed. I find him very professional. He did advise me to try a different iud but he was not pushy by any means. I will continue to go to him and would not hesitate to recommend him. Finally a doctor in the area that isn't pushy and rude!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I like him. He's very knowledgeable. He's fast and efficient. If you looking to have your baby delivered by him, chances are it's not going to happen. He's a very busy man with a family of his own. My only complaint would be his staff is lacking the ability to communicate with the patients. And his phone lines are always tied up. He is a little rough around the edges and probably could be a little more sympathetic toward the needs of the mothers to be. Other than that he does an outstanding job.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Only had him for appointments but not to deliver my baby. Wait times weren't horrible usually ranged from waiting 20 mins to an hour and a half which isn't horrible compared to other OB's. My biggest complaint would be the lack of flexibility with appointment days. They only see their OB clients once a week and I only ever could get apppointments in the morning which wasn't convenient for my work schedule. It was also annoying that other people would walk in and say they only had an hour because they were on lunch and the staff would let them in first even though a bunch of people were waiting and I too had to go back to work. Dr T isn't very talkative. He is right to the point which is fine but wasn't very detailed in telling me what to look for (like right upper quadrant pain for high BP which I had ) and only ever listened to the heart beat for like 5 seconds which isn't an accurate measurement. He knows what he is doing for sure but detail and friendliness is lacking. I wouldn't hate to go back but I have come across some other great OB's that I will probably ask for first

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

This is my second pregnancy and the second time I'm seeing dr Tsandelis and I wouldn't want it any other way. Before I got pregnant I was seeing him because we were having trouble getting pregnant the second time. He sent me for every test he could think of and found out what my issues were.. and fixed them. I got pregnant within a month or 2 of him figuring out my cycle was wacky. So I just kept going to him from day 1 of my pregnancy. He is VERY to the point and tries to get you in and out of your appointment. I like that. I don't need to talk about my feelings.. if I wanted that I would see a midwife. Sometimes I sit in his office for a longgggggg time but that's normal.. he's on call and there are emergencies. It would be nice if the lady's at the front desk would update you... but they don't. He knows what he's talking about and he knows when something isn't right. I'm glad he's my doc again and would 100% recommend him to ANYONE.. and I have.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

He was punctual and friendly. Very knowledgeable and addressed all the concerns I had. He was objective and polite. His staff gave me a call reminder which was a nice surprise since other specialist I visit never do. I was skeptical based on these reviews and prepared to wait for 2 hours as I do at other specialist but I was called right on time and was out of there in 30 mins

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Tsandelis was my OB for my first pregnancy and I was lucky enough to go into labour on his last night on call. I was so relieved he was there to deliver my first child. I asked to be referred back to him for my 2nd pregnancy. I find him helpful, polite, knowledgeable, and he has a sense of humor. I trust him. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

My first and only visit with this OB was when I was in labour. He was on-call and bullied me into having a c-section. When I asked questions about my condition and the baby's, he brushed me off and told me that my pelvis wasn't big enough. Had I not had a midwife to discuss this with before consenting, I would definitely have considered this to be a traumatic birth and I am almost certain that I would be suffering from postpartum depression now, 3 months later.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016