Ratings for Dr. Nikolas Tsandelis

Dr. Tsandelis was my OB for both of my pregnancies. He was quick, helpful and straight to the point. I always felt comfortable. The receptionists deal with a lot and deserve respect, they cannot control wait times.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I read through these reviews before I went to my first prenatal appt and was terrified that my doctor had recommended this OB to me. While I haven't given birth yet (and what are the real odds that he will be delivering my baby) after going to him for over 20 weeks for prenatal appts. I can tell you all these negative reviews come from some entitled women. The staff, while I understand sometimes they can come off as a little crass, they are very friendly people who are their to HELP you. The amount of times I've seen patients be rude to them is appalling and if it was me in that chair I would be a little reserved and taken back with the patients. My advise, be nice to them, and know your information, they are not mind readers and they see ALOT of people on their prenatal days, chances are they don't remember everything about you! Punctuality, guess what, he is a doctor, he is on-call, he has to delivery babies...maybe even YOURS BABY! So sometimes he is late, and that means things get a little backed up. Once again the entitlement isn't going to get you anywhere faster, they see the patients in the order that the appointments are scheduled, so for example....(just for anyone else on here who's going to come to write a nasty post) they start booking at 9am, he may not get there until 9:45 because of something to do with his patients not because he overslept. So that means all appt are going to be about 45 minutes behind, but still in the orginal order they were booked, so calm down and stop saying "but I was here first" Also little tip, if you are really nice, and friendly you can usually ask the nurse how far behind they are or even call and ask nicely and they will let you know if you can come in a bit later. Helpfulness...Yes Dr. Tsandelis is blunt and to the point, if nothing seems wrong with you and he does all the checks and everything he's checking looks good, he's going to tell you everything is fine. If you want to know something...YOU HAVE TO ASK! Thats just common sense, he's not going to walk through every possible thing that could happen in a pregnancy, be open with him and you'll get your answers. Everyone that is having an issue with rebooking, again be nice...don't be entitled and think that Dr. Tsandelis or his staff work for you! They dont! They are there to help you, when you call know youre information, ask...don't demand!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I trusted him with all 3 pregnancies, 3 c-sections too. Great doctor with great knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

My OB GYN was off for the weekend when i went into labour, so being on call Dr Tsandelis stepped in. I was at 38 weeks, first baby, with a tilted uterus. Labour lasted way too long. By the end, both my baby and I weren't doing well. I did consent to whatever was needed, but by the time she was in the most trouble, it had to be a vag delivery. It was a close call. I was on oxygen and panicked, in pain, even after two epidurals, and baby's heart rate was dropping. He got her out, tried the room incubator but it wasn't working. So he ran out of the room with her in his arms, held close to find another. In @ 5 minutes, they brought her back and handed her to me. She was a bit jaundiced after birth and hard to breast feed at first. She didn't gain right away. The intern stiched me up and all was good with me. To this day, I believe he saved both of our lives. Ad I'm eternally grateful. I saw some issues with bedside manner in the comments. It wasn't him I had any problem with. It was the hospital's nurses. If they can't deal with a woman in labour, they don't belong in that dept. And IMO some of them don't/didn't. Dr Tsandelis was awesome!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

The staff make any trip to his office a horrible experience! The receptionist is rude, and snappy. She seems troubled/bothered to want to rebook appointments or answer the phone. The nurse is extremely forgetful, asks the same questions multiple times in a row seems like a space cadet.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Dr. Tsandelis is a very smart man. If you ask him questions he will take the time to answer them, even with a fulll waiting room and after coming off of a night shift. He was my OB and would have him again for a future pregnancy. His receptionist can come off as rude but if you are overly friendly with her she will be nice. But I don't blame her, I got annoyed listening to patients complaining about the most ridiculous things which she had no control over. Dr. T is for you if you like someone who is straight to the point and doesn't sugarcoat anything.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

He did my total abdominal hysterectomy. In doing so, prior to the surgery he was never ever clear about anything that was going to happen (except covering his bases) but worse, he seemed dumbfounded that I had a lot of questions about my situation. His answers were seldom clear and I went into the surgery not knowing what was really going to happen. After? Can’t get a hold of him at all, period. Nearly two months after surgery and suffering ill effects, I’m considering hiring a lawyer.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Reception was rude and combative on the phone for no reason. Made me feel very upset. They need to learn some customer service skills and have a more compassionate care approach.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

In 2012 I gave birth to a wonderful child. It was a C section. Dr.Tsandelis and stuff did an amazing job, and we'll be forever grareful. Thank you!!! It's true that I needed to wait on waiting room for long time, but close to my delivery it was shorter. He's has lots of patience, and we have to understand that waiting time. He has all my respect and admiration. Thank you very much!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

He was my ob for both of my pregnancies. There was some issues in uterus with my first daughter and he sent us to Mac right away. With our second pregnancy he was very thorough and sent us to GRH with an induction date right away. He is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017