Ratings for Dr. Fuad H. Turfah

After suffering for over three years with intestine problems i was reffered to dr turfah due to his care and knowledge i am doing great. THANK YOU to DR TURFAH and staff!!!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Turfah diagnosed pain, after several tests, as being caused by gallbladder. He surgically removed gallbladder and sent me home right away even though I was swollen. At home, I became septic and went into a coma/near-coma. My family called 911 and the ER docs said I would likely die because I had a massive "bile leak" inside me and I somehow had a large quarter or half-dollar size hole in my stomach. They did emergency surgery and removed much of my stomach and then had me on large doses of antibiotics for weeks which caused me to contract c-diff. I was in the ICU for weeks, and during that time Dr. Turfah never apologized or explained how this happened to my family, but instead told my daughter I had a weak heart and would likely die from that but that my belly looked great. Three years later and my life was ruined by this. I have yet to walk, am still bed-ridden, and because of my mangled stomach, I do not absorb nutrition and am wasting away weak. The docs cannot even give me feeding tubes because my stomach is so small due to the surgical mangling. Dr. Turfah did wrong by me and by my family and while everyone makes mistakes, he never even apologized and instead seemed more inclined to cover up.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Turfah is a fantastic surgeon, he had a very complicated surgery to perform on me and did an EXCELLENT job. I loved his staff and saw him every morning during my 5 days in hospital he was there and spent as much time with me as I needed. I highly recommend him for colon surgery!!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I was having extreme groin pain for a few months & my gyno ruled out any cysts. He thought it could possibly be a hernia so my gyno referred me to see Dr. Fuad Turfah. I went to see Dr. Fuad Turfah a few months ago. I went to the doctor office & waited a while after my appt time. The office was empty except 1 person who walked in after me. I started to tell him the pains I was having, when they would happen, & what it felt like. Dr. Turfah made me feel like he did not care. He did an examination, & because the bulge was not there he said I was just having muscle pains & acted as if I were overreacting. I paid $40 out of pocket to be told I was having muscle pains?! I'm very disappointed with Dr. Fuad Turfah, & would not recommend him to anyone unless your "symptoms" can be seen with the naked eye. That same day I went to my regular dr, he did not question anything I was saying. He referred me to a surgeon & now a month & a half later I'm recovering from a hernia repair surgery.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Wonderful Dr! My Mother, who has alzheimers, had to have colon surgery & we never had to tell him twice about her Alz. However, she oddly remembers him each time we see him & he always treats her with respect. He is to the point, clear & understandable in laymans terms. He saved my Mom's life! We love him!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

I am pretty sure Dr. Turfah saved my life. He performed emergency surgery on me after after another surgery perforated my bowel and failed to fix it. I had to have a colostomy for several months and Dr. Turfah successfully reversed it with no after effects. I would refer him to anyone having surgery. He is a stoic quiet type , may not give you a warm and fuzzy feeling but he is knowledgable and will explain everything to you.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Turfah gave me a feeling of confidence and competence from the beginning. (He certainly has the hands of a surgeon.)

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. Turfah and his staff are the true meaning of a great staff, they all work well together, and it bothers me very much that someone would write such lies about him and the staff. If it hadnt been for Dr. Turfah, I would not be writing this today. He saved my life back in 1999. I had perforated my colon,and he was called in from a family picnic his day off to operate on me. Words could never express all the compassion, knowledge, and in overall GREAT SURGEON Dr. Turfah is. He has taken really good care of me, and my medical condition, and his staff are very wonderful and helpful, please do not listen to what terriable things that have been posted, they are not true. I am forever greatful. 11 yrs later, and very happy he is my Dr. One more thing Kudos to Dr Turfah.. you are a GREAT surgeon, and your staff is well respected, they work really hard.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

I visited this office to get a check up and the receptionist was extremely rude and demanding. She also was the intake nurse, so she took me into the room and demanded I sit down and that she was going to take my blood pressure, so I says to her wow can I get a smile I feel like an inmate. And she smirks and walks away. The doctor comes in and asks me and my father to leave his facility and refused to see me because I criticized his rude employee and because I didn't have any insurance. So pls take it from me when u go to the doctor u go because u don't feel good and want someone to make u feel better, not treat u so bad u leave being sicker!!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

One of the best surgeons I have ever experienced. Great knowledge and service overall.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

Dr. Fuad H. Turfah's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1987)

Kaiser-Permanente