Ratings for Dr. Stephen Kovacs

Let’s just say that this practice is a legal drug house. Dr. Kovacs is a great doctor however, the only thing the seem to care about is rushing you in and back out. They are only concerned with your money . I’ve been on the same dose for over 5 yrs. not once has anyone suggested cutting back on the dosage. That is because they want you to stay addicted to the drug prescribed that way the continue to take you money month after month. They care nothing about you or the fact that you are now addicted to the drug they are prescribing you. Proof!!! I was supposed to have an appointment on Wednesday . I contacted the gate keeping nurse via text as always on Monday of the week I need to refil my script. 10 hrs later I was told that ALL the Doctors are out of the country. I explained that I had to have a refill no later than Wednesday or I was going to start going through withdrawals. I was told that there is nothing he can do until the doctors return but he would see what he could do for me. This was on a Monday. Wednesday rolls around and I haven’t received a text or phone call stating that I could go get my script. So I decided I would drive to the Dr. office in hopes someone would be there. Well there was, about 6 other people waiting in the same thing. Each one of them told me that they were supposed to have an appointment that morning but haven’t heard anything from the gate keeper. Keep in mind this is a drug you have to have because your addicted to it. One of the people there had driven all the way from Fort Smith Arkansas. Everyone one there was trying to get ahold of the gate keeper and none was having any luck. You want to talk about some pissed off/ scared people. I wait around for about an hour and no word from the gate keeper. So I left. About 2 hrs later I receive a text from the “gate keeper” saying that I have an appointment Friday morning at 1:00 pm. Gee thanks! Now I get to miss work on Thursday and the morning of Friday because of withdrawals. But hey, just like drug dealers they don’t care about you they just want your money. Please, please , if your reading this don’t go or go back. There is another Doctor in Owasso that really does care and will always make sure your taken care of. I will be seeing him tomorrow ( Thursday). I wish you all great luck in your recovery. God Bless.....

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Yes, The Nurse is a gatekeeper and never returns phone calls. so forget it if you have a problem on a Thurs at noon trying to fill a med, after you leave the Doctors office, and for some crazy reason pharmacy wont fill it- Cant get it till they return to work on Monday or Wed., if that's the schedule for that week- they make it up as they go. And it's really frustrating if its for a med you are suppose to be on daily!!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Kovax for over a year now. He is not only understanding and non-judgemental but he is a great physician who really does care about his patients. I also am very pleased with his nurse. His nurse is also very understanding and handles call backs in a very timely manner. As a member myself in the medical profession I have worked with many doctors and nurses and I would def. refer Dr. Kovax,Dr. Marsh and or / Anthony to anyone. These people have not only helped me with my addicition to RX pills but they do not make you feel bad about it, where as in many other physicians offices you would be judged and labeled as a druggie.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr Kovac cause be my job he said nothing was wrong with me I won and get my job back without pay. I had medical records that state I was having problem before and still is. There was a problem and he choice to over looking. HOW MUCH MONEY DID YOU GET PAID. He ask me you shore you did go outside and have drink how could someone aware him anything he was wrong. BAD DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

Dr. Kovacs is not a bad doctor. But anytime I have tried to reach him by phone, I can't. The nurses work as gatekeepers and are rude, atleast at the owasso, ok branch. I just wish I could contact him, not his gatekeeping nurses.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

he is so sweet and genuine!! really understanding and non-judgmental at all... even with pregnant women and helping them thru addiction.. love him!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Very nice guy. Always makes time and seems to really care.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr. Kovacs is better than words can say. He listens to everything u are concerned about or need to know. He truly cares about his patients. The nicest Doctor I have ever gone to.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2010

Dr. Kovacs listens to what the patient has to say, and really involves himself in the treatment process and follow up.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

You will not find a better and more friendly doctor. He is not a "god", just a very dear and fine physician.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2007

Dr. Stephen Kovacs's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 2000)