Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman

It is a great office and staff. Very pleasant and friendly

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr. Chapman is as caring and compassionate doctor that I have ever met. He spent time with me and I was easily able to reach him when I called the office with a question. The practice is a very busy practice but I see that as a result of his skills as a physician, and I would rather that than be in an office that is empty. I do see the PA when I go for standard follow ups but I was able to see the doctor whenever I asked to see him. The bottom line is he is great and helped me with my pain. Everyone seems to know that if you want results and the best possible treatment to go to this office.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

This place is a factory. You get to meet the doctor once at your first visit and then never see him again. He has a slew of assistants who just type stuff into the computer and maybe never even saw before. He just injects, and the more the merrier, When you leave, you are asked if you were happy and if so, they ask you to write a positive review in this website. Tacky. Another doctor helped me. Not him. Plus he works generally, not specifically. It's easier and faster for him

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

There are no words to explain how wonderful, caring n knowledgeable Dr Chapman is. I would recommend anyone with pain to see him. He is an outstanding Doctor that truly cares about you!! His staff is very helpful n knowledgable especially Mellisa. She has patience of a saint. You may have a little wait to be seen but that is because he has so many patients but it is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I love this doctor. Truly cares in every way. I feel so blessed to be under his care. I would refer anyone who has pain to their office! I would do anything for this man!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

This office runs smoothly. Yes it is a lengthy appointment especially when you are getting treated. However you don't want someone to rush. I see Dr. Patel in his office and she has helped me very much.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Wow I see a couple low ratings for the doctor here regarding time spent with patients. All I can say is that I've never been to or even heard of a doctor more loved than Dr. Chapman. My guess is that he has so many patients that he can't spend a ton of time with each patient for small talk and patients feel disappointed. I can attest that he has that many patients because he and his staff are great! And yes there is often a wait once you get to the office too, but again, this doctor is a superstar and has helped me and everyone else that I know that has seen him. The first time I saw him I sat in his waiting room next to a famous actor and an athlete and he made me feel like I was the VIP and that he really does care. So I would take negative comments with a grain of salt. Cheers! Richard P.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Not sure what the previous complains were about. I have been going to Dr chapman for the past 3 years as he has helped me avoid major back surgery. I feel that he routinely goes 'above and beyond' to help me, and I'm sure, his other patients.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Smart guy. Empty conscience. Couldn't have cared any less

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Saw him for what seemed like 60 seconds before he left the room and haven't seen him since and I've been back 5 times!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Kenneth B. Chapman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chapman is a board certified physician in Pain Management and Anesthesiology. He completed his Interventional Pain Management Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, and his Anesthesiology residency at the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, New York. Dr. Chapman has privileges at Staten Island University Hospital as well as at NYU Langone Medical Center. He is currently the director of pain management at Staten Island University Hospital, part of the North Shore LIJ system, where he leads a team of seven pain physicians. Dr. Chapman teaches residents and fellows the field of pain management and is actively involved in lecturing both nationally and internationally. Dr. Chapman frequently serves as a pain management board examiner for certification on the Fellowship of Interventional Pain Practice Pain Boards. He has won numerous peer validated awards including “America’s Best Anesthesiologists” and “Most Compassionate Doctors.” At the Cleveland Clinic Dr. Chapman won the “Ethlene R. Smith’s Most Outstanding Fellow” award. He was voted a delegate of the NYS Interventional Pain Society and is the interventional pain management representative on the advisory board to the NYS Worker’s Compensation Board where he is writing the current worker’s compensation guidelines. Dr. Chapman is also the president of the NYS Pain Management PAC. Dr. Chapman volunteers two days a month at clinics for uninsured or underinsured patients on Staten Island at both the Medical Arts Pavilion clinic at Staten Island Hospital North and the Community Health Center on Port Richmond Avenue. As a native Staten Islander he gets great satisfaction in helping in the care of the underserved communities of Staten Island. Dr. Chapman has won numerous peer validated awards including “America’s Best Anesthesiologists” and “Most Compassionate Doctors.” When treating pain patients, he works in close collaboration with referring physicians including neurologists, internists, and surgeons in an effort to avoid or potentially delay surgery, as well as to facilitate in making an unavoidable surgery more precise. Dr. Chapman is recognized for his expertise in minimally invasive treatment modalities for spinal stenosis and herniated discs. His practice was involved in the pivotal study on the MILD (Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression) procedure as well as at the forefront of pain management treatments such as endoscopic discectomy for painful herniated discs and endoscopic radiofrequency ablation for patients that have failed conventional radiofrequency. He is considered a thought leader in spinal cord stimulation and an expert in stimulation for the treatment of pelvic pain. Dr. Chapman also treats painful peripheral neuropathies such as occipital neuralgia, painful lateral femoral cutaneous neuralgia (meralgia paresthetica), facial neuralgias, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and other intractable pain syndromes. Dr. Chapman also speaks Chinese (Mandarin).

• Mandarin