Ratings for Dr. Stephen N. Hordynski

I had the worse experience with Dr. Hordynski. My primary doctor was on vacation around the time of my due date. I got Dr. Hordynski for my last few appointments before delivering. He was unprofessional, rude and cold. I really wanted a natural birth if possible and when I tried to communicated this to him he sat down crossed his arms and told me “why?!” I explained my reasons and his response was “you care more about delivering your baby naturally then the health of the baby, you want your baby to die just because you want a natural birth” I was so shocked he was talking to me like this. I was “over due” according to the doctors but NST and ultra sounds all were normal I was having those on a weekly basis. My baby was also very active. So unprofessional of him to tell a new mother straight out I want my baby to die. I was so upset I didn’t say a word. I grabbed my purse and walked out. As I was walking out he said sorry very uncensierly and I told him he wasn’t worry he’s saying sorry to me just to cover his butt. His nurse was also in the room and I could tell the look on her face when I started to walk out she knew Dr. Hordynski was wrong. But of course she didn’t do anything or say anything to me but sorry as well. After all this happened I talked to my sister in law who also had her OB care through beaver medical and she told me her doctor (Dr. T) and some nurses have also complained about him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Always very nice and helpful. He kept me informed at all times and helped me feel comfortable in some uncomfortable situations!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Amazing doctor and nurses! 2 deliveries with him and 3rd on the way. He delivered my first by chance, we went into early labor and we're unable to make it to our planned hospital. So happy with him and his care for my baby and I, we have continued to go back to him for care. C sections for both, extremely tiny scars. Very thorough. Answers all questions. Definitely recommend him for OBGYN care.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Best doctor I've ever had, excellent bedside manner. Excited for my family. Very encouraging! He's the best! He delivered my first son, I requested him for my ob for the duration of my pregnancy with my twins, he delivered them also, great funny sweet doctor . I am shocked to read that anyone had a bad experience. Some times people have to wait for unforseen circumstances, deal with it!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

I received poor medical care from Dr. Hordinski until I was 22 weeks preg and finally had enough. Dr. Hordynski spent less than five minutes with me each visit. He gave me one to two word answers to my legitimate medical questions. Example, Is the baby's heart rate normal? Answer from Dr. Hordinski, "Eh," and a shrug of the shoulders. I asked when I should expect to have an ultrasound and he responded that he does not know how to do ultrasounds and anyways he does not have time to do one on every patient. my family has received excellent medical care through Beaver Med and so I was surprised to have this experience w Hordynski.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

horrible experience. first time at beaver med & first time with doc, went in for women exam, dr hordynski, appt 10am, arrived at 940 because first visit, did paperwork in less than 10min, waited until 1045, nurse came in for minute, left, doc came in about 10 min later, spent exactly 3 min with me, didn't intro himself, asked me nothing, didn't even question abnormalities in my paperwork, IE my anemia, or why last exam was abnormal, even though i wrote it down & told nurse. when i left room, he was in his office middle of conversation with -not a patient- about weekend plans, i apparently was an interruption, so unprofessional & cold, and just another number to this med center."

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I used Dr. Hordynski for prenatal care and deliveries in 1994 and again in 2001. He was my favorite OB out of my six pregnancies. Joanne his nurse and Dr. Hordynski were always compassionate, caring, and made high risk pregnancies less stressful. Dr. Hordynski also dealt with my cervix issues and did my LEEP procedure. The machines malfunctioned, but Dr. Hordynski displayed grace under fire and got us through that situation too. I have not found another GYN with his compassion and empathy. His bedside manner is great, his wisdom was great, and his care was unmatched. Dr. Hordynski is a rare treasure among doctors today. Even my husband was fully comfortable with him. I wish I could come back to Southern California so he could take care of my current female issues. It might just be worth the drive!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

What I appreciate about him is he never forgets to be nice! Not likely though that he will deliver your baby since it depends who's on call... and not everyone's as nice or polite as he is. In fact, most of my appts. were with the other drs. Don't know if it is BMG in general or not but I often felt rushed through my appts.. If I become pregnant again I plan to go to Loma Linda University; they had so much more pre and post-natal support to offer than BMG or Redlands Community Hospital.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

I totally agree with the last comment. He delivered my first daughter 13 years ago.I would not have had anyone but him with my second daughter 13 years later. He is awesome. I think so much of him that my mother and sister-in-law now go to him. They don't make Doctors like him anymore!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007

Love him He is the best Doctor out there!He will give you 100% of his time! I call him 8 years later and he call back just to awnser a question for me! I truly love this man For helping me with the delivery of my son, He took such good care of us I will alway come back to him!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2007

Dr. Stephen N. Hordynski's Credentials

• Loma Linda Univ Sch Of Med, Loma Linda Ca 92350 (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Redlands, CA