Ratings for Dr. Brandon K. Suedekum

Rude, condescending and incompetent, this Dr. thought my fresh corneal scarring was "years" old and didn't pay enough attention to my chart to understand why I was there for the appointment. After finally being permitted to explain the situation, he left without adressing my concerns, instead sending his assistant to address an unrelated matter. This was after I waited over an hour to be seen. God complex to the extreme. Perfect if you want to file a malpractice lawsuit someday - if not, RUN don't walk.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Suedekum for a Pterygium removal. He examined my eye and seemed knowledgeable and caring. I scheduled my surgery with his staff. I was told I would receive a letter with pre-surgery instructions the week before the surgery. 5 days before the surgery I had still not received the instructions. I called Dr. Suedekem's office and left a message, asking for the pre-surgery instructions. They called me back and said the letter had been mailed I should receive it soon. I received a call from my pharmacy advising my prescriptions were ready, I picked them up and the pain medication he promised me was missing. (the pain med was a special request, I had this same surgery previously and it was very painful, he told me there was a new procedure and it was less painful, but he would prescribe the pain meds as I asked) First thing the next morning I called his office and the staff said I should be putting the drops in my eyes morning and night 4 days prior to surgery. This WAS the 4th day before the surgery and the medication was at home, not with me. , I had already missed the first dose. I asked "when did they plan to tell me I was supposed to start the eye drops??" No explanation, She said they didn't call in the pain meds because I won't need them, and it's not a big deal. I could start the drops when I got home that evening, and mentioned something about my cataract surgery. I told her I wasn't having cataract surgery, then I was told not to take any drops before my surgery. I asked them to email the instruction letter, and she said they have problems with their email. They just got a new computer system.. I asked to speak with the doctor or someone else who could get me the pre surgery instructions, but was put on hold transferred to several employees and then transferred to voice mail. I called back later that day and they said they would try to send the email. I never received the email. I cancelled my surgery. the day before the surgery, I never received the pre surgery instructions. I also did not feel confident if I had to reach Dr. Suedekum if any problems or questions came up after the surgery, that I could reach him. The afternoon before my scheduled surgery, I was told they had a new staff member and they apologized. I received an email 1 week after the scheduled surgery , and never did get the letter in mail.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I believe he genuinely cares. But he refused to give answer. He runs out of the room and he cannot accept his failures. He is over confident to the point that it puts patients at risk. He refused to communicate with your other doctors when you have a complex medical history. He does not fully understand the bio-logics. He knows the pros to his own expertise but is ignorant to the overall risks of them. I lost my eyesight and one eye entirely because of these issue. I also have a damaged second cornea that no one wants to redo. I am sure eventually it will be resolved or at least I am hopeful. I honestly do believe he cares and has a lot of skill. His ego gets the best of him though. Maybe with maturity he will be an excellent doctor. He has the background and the drive. Let's hope he can get the ego under control.

Submitted January 23, 2014

My mother had amazing results in just 2 weeks. Initially she was legally blind in one eye and had very poor vision in the other. Dr. Suedekum and staff were highly skilled, punctual, efficient, very kind, and answered all questions. We could only wish that all doctors and their staff were the same. It was a pleasant experience from the start, made even better by the wonderful results. We are SO Thankful!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

I went in to Dr. Suedekum to check on one issue and ended up getting infected with a bacterium which diminished my sight greatly. I believe that it was from un-clean interment and it came upon me a couple days after a visit to the Thunderbird office. I tried to get the doctor to correct the issue but he won't try anything other than a anti-biotic. Now I have permanently diminished sight.

Submitted December 5, 2011

EXTREMELY SKILLED, AND VERY EASY TO TALK TO! HIS SURGICAL SKILLS FOR ME WERE BRILLIANT! I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE! HIS STAFF AT BOTH OFFICES ARE TOP NOTCH!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Suedekum's Paradise Valley's office is very chaotic. I was there in October of 2008. I had to wait over 1 hour to be seen. Dr. Suedekum and his nurse are very kind, considerate, knowledgeable and compassionate. I wish all of my doctor's were like him.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Great doctor. In this day and age, its rare to find a doctor that truly cares about his patients, and Dr. Suedekum does just that.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2007

Took the time to listen to me and give me excellent care. I've been to many eye doctors before my referral to his office, and never had such a great doctor! Saw me right away the day after I called. I'm going to take my whole family to him. Can treat all eye diseases including lasik surgery. He trained at Bascom Palmer Eye Institite, the number one rated hospital for eyes.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2007

Dr. Brandon K. Suedekum's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)