Ratings for Dr. Douglas C. Lanier

Worst experience I have ever had with a group of doctors. My mother-in=law is still in the hospital after a week. Doctors do not show up for scheduled consults with patient and family. They do not return calls. Weare told that Dr Lanier is unreachable for calls. They do not work well with other doctors in trying to co-treat multiple illnesses. This clinic referred her to another doc 6 mo ago for treatment of dementia and now claim they are unaware that she is being treated by anyone for the condition. Clearly do not read the med recs. The doc that finally called back after a 7 day stay says she hasn't seen the patient in 4 days. Poor very poor but unfortunatley they are all this hospital offers.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr.Lanier has been my doctor for almost 20 years.He has treated my kidney disease and kept me healthy with my transplant for the last 17 years.Now that I have been diagnosed with cancer,I've had nothing but excellent care.I've been told by his nurses through the years that he truly cares for his patients and that cannot be said about all doctors!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

Dr. Doug Lanier is a master doctor in his field. I have talked with three other docs in other specialties and they all say he is the doc they either use or would use and no other would hold a candle to him. He developed something Dialysis wise (I think) that is very important and has made a huge improvement nationwide if not worldwide. He truly is a world-class physician and the Gulf Coast is super blessed and lucky to have him. He could be anywhere he wanted to be. He has recommended that I get on the transplant list immediately and will help me with all the details. BTW, I have never seen him in my short time of being his patient, be short or curt with the nurses in the hospital or his Dialysis center. This is a horrible disease and he is very positive and that is helpful for someone who just lost their kidney function.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

"Does not hold their respect?" Are you serious? Dr. Lanier is the probably the most respected doctor on the MS Gulfcoast...I would not have my family see any other nephrologist...He's the doc they call in when no one else can figure out what's wrong with our patients at our hospital..

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

EASE OF COMMUNICATION AND EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF FIELD.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Extremely rude to nurses and does not hold their respect.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

Great Nephrologist, just wish he would be nicer to the staff! No one is ever harmed by kindness. He is great to the patients! They love him. He knows his stuff!! Very smart man. Excellent doctor. Just wish he would be nicer to the nursing staff. No one can be as smart as you doc! But those nurses are your eyes, hands, and lifeline to the patients. They deserve a little thoughtfulness.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

He got me on the road to better health after three other docs could not or did not diagnose or treat correctly! He's fantastic!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2007

Dr. Douglas C. Lanier's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Gulfport, MS