Ratings for Dr. Daniel M. Whiteman

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Whiteman. On one hand, he's very knowledgeable and easily accessible during dental emergencies. On the other hand, the office sometimes plays loud inappropriate music, he discusses other patients while working on you, and writes nasty retorts to negative reviews on other sites such as yelp. I've been going to him for a long time, but mainly because I so seldom need to see him that I feel like looking for another dentist isn't really worth the effort. Still, I usually wish I saw someone else.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Carolyn saved my teeth. I had terrible teeth when I first started going to Whitman-- so much decay-- and since then she's 100% turned my teeth around. Period.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Whiteman knows his stuff. He has helped me with some complicated and emergency procedures, squeezing me in when it wasn't most convenient for him and explaining in detail what he was going to do to fix my situation. His staff is also very helpful, making normal scheduling and dealing with insurance a breeze. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Dr. Whiteman definitely knows what he is doing and is honest about the procedures that need to be done. His conservative practices are always appreciated. He won't do anything that he feels isn't absolutely necessary. Also, really friendly and has good chair side manner.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

I knew i needed a lot of dental work after my front tooth broke off after biting into a sandwitch (and avoiding my dentist for so long). I was forced to call only to find that he retired. A friend recommended Dr. Whiteman very highly so I was expecting good things. I have to say, that if this guy were my dentist all these years I prob would not be in such poor dental condition. I was used to painful, he was not. I was used to expensive, he was not so much. I was used to old technology, he had so much. best of all he made the dental experience more tolerable (really painless shots!!) and so much more informative. I liked this guy a lot and pretty much all the staff that i have met sofar too. Really professional.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

I had a horrible toothache that needed attention. I found Dr. Whiteman on some dental blogs where he was rated very highly. When I called his office, his staff was very helpful and polite. Dr. Whiteman was fully booked but they made some time to fit me into his schedule. I was used to quick talk/work by previous dentists, but the dr took his time taking a thorough history before making some proclamations. It turned out my tooth was infected and needed a root canal. The whole process was explained to me in detail and though there was no time to perform the whole work that day, he went as far as to take me out of pain. I expected to have some pain after the novacaine wore off but I had none. almost one week of horrible pain was gone in one 40 minute appointment! He was gental, calming and I got the sense that he is highly skilled adn respected by his staff. It was actually a pleasant experience. Highly recommended as a competant dentist!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2007