Ratings for Dr. Robert P. Berkowitz

Based on my experience I believe all the other comments posted. I refused to have a procedure done by this doctor, b/c I felt like something was off. Please don't ignore any gut feeling you may have. Do some research.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

DO NOT TRUST YOUR HEALTH TO THIS CHARLATAN!!!!! He advised that I have a fibroid tumor removed. Instead of giving me the consent form days prior to the surgery, he handed it to me on the gurney, thereby removing the security of a copy. The description of the process was hand written on the form and open for added comments "after" I signed and handed it back to him. I went into the surgery with 2 ovaries, I awoke with none!!!!! HE NEVER DISCUSSED THIS POSSIBILITY WITH ME!!!! His claim - he removed one ovary and I never had the other. (I have documents claiming I had two ovaries prior to that day. He made a change of gloves during the surgery). Like the punch line to a sociopathic joke, he gave me the pathologist results by saying, "...the good news is it was benign". THERE WAS NO MEDICAL REASON FOR HIM TO CASTRATE AND VIOLATE ME. I have never been the same since that day. It was worse than being raped in a dirty alley. (For 2 days after the surgery, I had a fever due to infection.)

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

I wen to this doctor to have a fibroid tumor removed and woke up WITH NO OVARIES. REASON - Corpus luteum follicular cysts. (I had just ovulated.) He never discussed removing my ovaries and gave me the consent form on the gurney forcing me to return it to him without a copy. There were more "HAND WRITTEN" information on the form when I saw it again 2 weeks later. I contacted the insurance company and found that he lied to them about the reason for the surgery, DO NOT RISK YOUR HEALTH TO THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2007

Dr. Robert P. Berkowitz's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

AARP