Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Kalan

Sent on referral to review ecg and perform a 2d Doppler of my heart. I literally collapsed in a chair in their lobby from chest pains and shortness or breath. They take 30 seconds reviewing my ech, stuck me on a 24 heart monitor and they had the nerve to tell me their next available appointment wasn't for another 10 days. Better off keeling over in the gutter than going to this office. Extremely rude and unhelpful!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Upon entering the Hilton Head hospital(3-23-13)10:30am with pressure on my chest and left arm the nursing were very helpful. Following an EKG and blood work Dr. Kalan promptly atended to me and gave me his opinion of the problem. He suggested a a heart cath leaving the decision to me. We then proceeded to the cath lab and a "small" artery was blocked.After attempting a ballon procedure DR.Kalan decide that an existing stint was well placed and did not want to disrupt it. He explained the condition to my satisfaction, prescribed some different medication, saw me Sun. morning and released me Sun. afternoon. Thank you DR. Kalan for your prompt response and medical expertise. The Lord uses doctors like you. Again, thank you very much. John Hill

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

I've found Dr. Kalan & staff to be exceptional. Facilities are new and excellent. Dr. Kalan is personable and appears to really care for his patients. Following a stress test he personally called me at home to give test results. He's sensitive to the cost of medications. He keeps in contact with patient's primary care provider. He's at least willing to consider alternative medical information. At my last office visit he listened to and answered each question followed by his own question of "anything else"? In summary, I considered him to be an exceptional, highly qualified, dedicated physician.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. completely wrong in treating me, told me I was getting better when I was worse. Went to another Dr. on Hilton Head who could not help me but had the courtesy to tell me I needed to go MUSC. Went to MUSC they told me in a few hours what my Heart problem was. They found it had to understand why Dr. Kalan didn't know. Because I wasted so much time with Dr. Kalan I now have a heart condition that can't be corrected and I will die from in the future.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

Kind and genuinely sincere and appears to have extensive knowledge in his field.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

Dr. Jay M. Kalan's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Hilton Head Island, SC