You may also like

Ratings for Dr. M.M. Abed

The first appointment was good. He gave me the options for hysterectomy. He told me to really think about it and book an appointment for 6 weeks. I was fine with that. 6 weeks later I go for my appointment and he does remember me! I seriously thought it was a joke. I thought someone was playing a prank on me. He said I would have to do an ultra sound. I was stunned. I told him I had one before my last appointment and the results were in my file. Finally he looked at my file. He asked me the same questions he did 6 weeks ago. Only this time his opinion of the my situation was completely different. He said I was too young to get a full hysterectomy! He was concerned about me getting a full one. He acted like I was and idiot for not deciding to do a partial. He wanted to do it his way. When I was shocked and told him no he kept telling me to book another appointment for 3 weeks. I was so insulted by his attitude. I have never been treated that way by a medical "professional". I went home and cried for the rest of the day. Now a month and a half has been wasted I am still in agonizing pain and now I have to start over at square one. I will never darken his door ever! There is so much more that he said or did but I am choosing to be the better person and not repeat the unprofessional things he said.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Saw Dr Abed on referral by my nurse practitioner. I was being examined before insertion of an IUD. He spent the whole time I was there, even before he'd examined me at all, trying to convince me that what I really wanted was to have a hysterectomy or uterine ablation instead. Told me that I was far too old (34) to even think about having any other kids in the future.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

My wife had a tubal ligation (filshie clip) with him. My wife beg him to just cut the tube instead of putting a clip but he insisted that it will ok. he knows the nature of job. i book an appointment so i can be sure that my wife and the baby will be fine but her secretary told me that it is not necessary. By God's grace they are both doing well but I will never let my wife goes back to him or suggest to my friends.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

THE MAN DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS, before or after examining me! That is reason enough for me not to return, but there are many more reasons as well. He did not listen to me. He did not ask me about my medical history (which I thought would be important since I'm a cancer survivor and went through Chemo only 3 1/2 years ago) and did not believe me when I told him that I am not ovulating, even though I've been taking the ovulation tests for months and didn't have any positive results. He got angry at me, pounded his fists on his desk and yelled at me when I told him that I've already done the BBT thing and the results were inconsistent. He called me fat and he didn't think I knew what I was talking about. Heaven forbid one of his patients reads a book or two on fertility to learn more about her body and tell him what's wrong with it. I wish that there were more options to the actual rating, because if I had to rate on the apt. alone I would give him 1.5 out of 5, which is being generous.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

He was great always listen to me, he's not always on time for the appointments but he's a very busy man when he is late it's cause he's usually at the hospital delivery babies. My mom and sister went to him and he was great with them too I always felt comfortable with him and always made sure my baby was good. I would go to him again:)

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Abed ignored all my requests for a natural childbirth. At my 3rd ultrasound my baby was breech and he didnt consider any alternative to a c-section. Every visit he pushed for me to have an epidural even though I insisted this is not what I wanted. I also expressed that I did not want pitocin and tried talking to him about oxytocin the natural chemical that is produced during labor. He didn't even know what I was talking about and dismissed the conversation. During my labor he showed up to break my water when I was at 7cm and all he did was scold me for not having an epidural. He left and was called back 10mins later as I was now ready to push. I pushed for only an hour while he sat in a chair looking at his watch. About a half hour into pushing he instructed the nurses to up my dosage. When my husband asked what he was "upping" we were told that I was given pitocin to speed things up. There was no need for this at all except for the fact he had some other place to be. Worst doctor!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I lost my second daughter 4 days after an amniocentesis(sp??) with Dr. Abed doing the procedure. He gave me NO instructions for afterwards even after I questioned about it. The day I lost her, when I was getting the anesthesia in the back to remove the placenta, he said "Can we hurry this up? I got some place to be." I remember it clear as a bell. The next day, he was more concerned about me going for the MRI in 3 days than he was about the loss of my daughter :-( I will NEVER go to him again NOR will i ever recommend him. :-(

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

My experience with this physician was not good. He was unprofessional, careless and never followed up on post surgery. I suggest that he retire or only do consults but no surgery. My life has changed since being involved with him and not for the good.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I had my daugher delivered by Dr. Abed in 2008. I refuse now to have another doctor to deliver any of my future children. I have never met a doctor i have trusted so much and who really truely cared for the health of me and my un born child. I dont care for the doctors who try to get personal, and have small talk, down to the point and real is how Dr. Abed is. He may be late for apts but when i was at one time the reason why he was late for others apt. he is a busy man and does his job right! Overall the best.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Dr. M.M. Abed's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The first appointment was good. He gave me the options for hysterectomy. He told me to really think about it and book an appointment for 6 weeks. I was fine wit..."

October 31, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "S4N0" to "S4P 3X3". Address has been updated from "None" to "2125 11 Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "13063527800".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw Dr Abed on referral by my nurse practitioner. I was being examined before insertion of an IUD. He spent the whole time I was there, even before he'd exami..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "My wife had a tubal ligation (filshie clip) with him. My wife beg him to just cut the tube instead of putting a clip but he insisted that it will ok. he knows t..."

November 3, 2014