Ratings for Dr. M.M. Abed

This doctor is a complete joke and I'm disgusted with how he handles his patients. I was referred to him by my family doctor. He cancelled that appointment 3 times before I finally got to see him. When I arrived the receptionist was not friendly or welcoming and I waited 2 hours to see the doctor. I was never informed is have to wait 2 hours nor did the receptionist check in with me to advise why I'd been waiting 2hours or when I'd get in to see the doctor. 2 hours in I see the doctor where he wouldn't explain to me what a cervical abilation or DNC was and handed me some pamphlets. Done months later, after doing my own research, I decide to see him to book the procedure. Of course that appointment gets cancelled. I was informed by his receptionist that she was told 3 days earlier that he decided to take an extra long weekend and to cancel his appointments. Appalling and so extremely frustrating. I do not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I met Dr.Abed in 2005 he delivered my first son , no complaints at all. I seen Dr.Abed again in 2013 and he delivered my 2nd son. No complaints at all. I’m now currently see him for my 3rd child. Him and his staff are great and would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Rude, rushed and no bedside manner. He doesn’t listen to what you have to say just assumes he knows the answer. If you want a procedure booked be prepared to hound the receptionist and not get a response.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I was referred to him for removal/insertion of an iud. I shouldn't have gone through with it once I saw him fumbling around with a handful of gloves (not pulling them out of a sterile box. The insertion was much more painful than my first one. He dangled the old out in the air, asked if I wanted to keep it (?). When I told him I was uncomfortable, he called me a chicken. He didn't have his tools set out. He needed scissors at the end so he searched through a stack of sterile packs, like you would a stack of mail, until he found them. I'm concerned with his overall lack of sanitation. Thankfully, my procedure was very basic, non surgical. Reading through the ratings, it appears that most of the favourable ones are from many years ago. So he very well may have been a good doctor, but I don't think he is any more.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Receptionist calls - you have cancer we’ll let your GP know and get back to you. Really, a phone call. Sad, sad, sad!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Friendly doctor. I think he asks a lot of questions because he genuinely cares about his patients. He made small talk, which was nice and to make me feel more comfortable. He asked about my work, etc. I think he was trying to put me at ease.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I suffer from Lupus and had two cysts in my abdomen that required surgery. He was excellent at answering all my questions, explaining about the surgery, and sending information to my family doctor. The incision for the C-section has healed well and he did not make as big of an incision as he expected he had to. Everyday he checked on me in the hospital. He even ensured that the nurses contacted the appropriate doctors required for follow-ups based on various tests administered at the hospital. This was the first surgery I've ever had. From the multiple doctors I have to see based on my Lupus he is the best and most knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Right from the beginning, I told Dr. Abed that my husband and I were struggling to become pregnant. His response was, "I will solve this problem. You will be pregnant, even if we have to shove you full of fertility pills until you are pregnant." I'm not sure if this was a joke, but it made me feel even more uncomfortable than I already was. When my husband and I asked him to clarify the purpose and instruction to a prescribed procedure, he told us that we could just look online. Finally, at the end of the appointment, we asked him if he would like us to call to receive the results of a procedure or if he would have his office call us to book an appointment and his response was, "Yeah. You could come back if you want." I felt unsupported, ill-equipped, anxious, and that I wasted my time.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Abed is an amazing doctor. Communication between myself and him was alway 100 percent clear. After my hysterectomy I had to ask if he even did the surgery as I had no pain

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I seen Dr. Abed for a Colposcopy and laser treatment after. I found him to be very nice and knowledgeable. He made me feel comfortable. His staff was great my first visit, however I tried to call twice regarding issues after my laser treatment and did not receive a call back. I am annoyed as Dr. Abed had said to call his office should I have problems. Anyway. I would recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017