Ratings for Dr. R. Glade Smith

When he realized he could not do my surgery, he threw my files in the corner and it took a month before I was finally referred to some one else. This Doctor did not check if my insurance was compatible with his new referral and my heart surgery is now over a month late. He was very arrogant in the meeting. NOT HELPFUL. DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

He is a very good heart surgeon. The meeting with him and my family about my having bypasses was very helpful. He was willing to take time to answer all questions. He also talked to my children about how this was a sign to watch what they eat. Felt very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Will not interact with patients. Lectures and ridicules patients, is argumentitive and jumps to conclussions. Has a "God" complex as a Cardiothoracic surgeon. Is very immature in demeanor. Will threaten dropping patients if he is offended by anything in the patient's personal life or he deems as a threat against him, his practice, or reputation. He is however, an excellent cardiac surgeon. However, with as immature as he is, one should be concerned about his reaction during an emergency in the middle of surgery, should something go wrong.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

Dr. R. Glade Smith's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1970)