Ratings for Dr. Dana L. Chortkoff

my procedure with dr chortkoff was the single worst experience of my life. I passed out on her table. she walked out without saying a thing. It took me 14yrs to even begin to recover and go in for a routine pap. she's horrible. horrible.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Dr. Chortkoff has been my obgyn for 10+ years now. She has helped me thru difficult times with warmth and compassion. She is a direct person but so am I, so I appreciate that. I trust her with my health completely.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

she is the the point and not a chatty person, but as far as her medical skills go, she is first rate. you don't go to the doctor to make a friend, you go to get the best care possible, and she is someone who can provide that. she is an excellent physician. ok her bedside manner is not an A+ but i personally do not care. she does warm up after you see her a time or two if that is important to you.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

My wife had Dr. Chortkoff for her 2nd second pregnancy. According to my wife, her cervical checks were rough and painful. We were so turned off by her poor bedside manner (cold, abrupt, abrasive), that we hoped to get anyone else for the delivery. As luck would have it, we ended up delivering on her shift. In the delivery room she was typically brusk not only with us, but with the nursing staff as well. Not pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

This is th rudest OBGYN I have ever met. My first appointment she wasn't very friendly but I gave her another chance. The next time I saw her she brought me to tears because she said I need to watch my weight. I had to weigh in for one of my appointments at a different office and their scales were completely off. About 5 pounds. I explained this to her and she still was rude. Very cold. I think she no business working with people and needs an attitude transplant.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

My first impressions of Dr. Chortkoff was that she was cold and not approachable. I wanted to change doctor right away after my first appointment with her but I gave her a chance. At my next appointments she was nice and showed that she cared. I selected her as my OBGYN a year later when I had my unplanned pregnancy. I consider her as one of the most caring OBGYN ever! She was like a friend whenever I came in for my appointments and she's very good at what she does given that both my pregnancies were high-risk! I highly recommend her..

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I have no complaints about Dr Chortkoff - this is my first pregnancy and she has been very nice and helpful to me so far

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

I've her Dr. C for 2 babies now and she's been good to me so far.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Agree with the others. Dr. Chortkoff was blunt and rude and will forever be a part of a bad memory that I can't erase from mind. > very brash in breaking sensitive bad news, > confused about which procedure she requested I be scheduled for, > no effort to appease - behavior shouts that she could not care less. So unfortunate for somebody in her field to be this way. I hope that if Dr. Chortkoff reads this, that she would be able to make some changes in her bahaviors and her heart. That's what makes an educated doctor good.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2008

I really like this dr. She is to the point yet quietly friendly. I trust her. She does tend to make you wait for appointments but normally cos her other patients are having trouble. She deals mainly with high risk and older women, hence the problems. I would reccommend her to someone of my disposition and character

flag | Submitted October 11, 2008

Dr. Dana L. Chortkoff's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)