Ratings for Dr. Sandra Hartman

FEB. 21, 2017. DR. HARTMAN IS NOW RETIRED. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HER FOR ANY APPOINTMENTS. SHE NO LONGER SEES PATIENTS!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I would echo the comments I have just read on this site. Before Dr. Hartman came to the house my mother was in terrible pain. Dr. hartman not only was able to not only to relieve the pain but also to put our minds, and more importantly my mother, at ease. I wish that the next generation of Doctors could shadow her for a time to learn not only the science of pain management but also the very kind human touch she brings with her. It will be a huge loss to the health care in Niagara when she takes her well deserved retirement.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr. Hartman helped my Mom pass away comfortably several years ago. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. As she put it, "pain control is like cookery, you may have to try a few differant recipes to get the relief you want." All I can say is that Dr. hartman must be a great cook! Thanks Dr. Hartman and God Bless!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

back in jan.,1998, DR.HARTMAN CAME TO OUR HOME TO HELP MY HUSBAND DIE IN PEACE. SHE GAVE ME A BOOK TO READ ABOUT MY ROLE ANDWHAT TO DO WHEN CERTAIN SYMPTONS APPEARED. SHE NEVER CHARGED ME FOR THE BOOK AND SHE CAME TO HIS MEMORIAL EVEN THOUGH THE TIME WAS SHORT. I HAVE PASSED THAT BOOK AROUND TO MANY PEOPLE WHO ASKED THE SAME QUESTION "WHAT DO I DO? WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL TRAINING, US LAY PEOPLE ARE VERY UPSET WHEN THEIR LOVED ONE WANTS TO STAY HOME TO DIE.THANK GOD FOR DR. SANDRA HARTMAN

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Hartman is not a human, but an angel in disguise. While St. Catharines hospital patients suffer unbelievably in the palliative care units, (giving them giant pain pills when a patient cannot even swallow), Dr. Hartman eased my mother to her death painlessly. She understands everything there is to know about pain management and how to die with dignity. I know of no other doctor like her. My only fear is that when my own time is up, that there will be no Dr. Hartman to help me leave so peacefully.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2007

An awesome physician who assisted our family during the death of my father in law. Because of her care and compassion, he was allowed to die with dignity in his own home, surrounded by family and the things he loved. Wonderful woman. I would recommend that if anyone is contemplating nursing their loved one at home - especially if imminent death is inevitable - to ask for a referral for this doctor. You will be left with fond memories of a 'good' death. It makes such a difference.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Hartman was there when we took care of my grandfather during his death at home. She was unquestionably professional, but also very real. She gave our family instructions on the injections to give him, and he had the nicest death one could ask for. My whole family was impressed with her and it this time of need, there is nothing you appreciate more than making the passing of a loved one a little easier. Very easy to talk to, and with such a big heart. God bless her really. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

We can not say enough about this woman!!!!!! Not only is she an amazing doctor but more importantly, she is an amazing human being. While my mother was ill, and dying, Dr. Hartman took the time to talk to her, sit with her (and us) and explain everything. She allowed my mother to exit this world with her dignity attached and in no pain. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

This little lady is warmth on a cold day. She has empathy and compassion for all those that she touches - patients and family. I thank Dr. Hartman from the bottom of my heart for taking such good care of my mother, in the hospital and at home, my mother truly loved you and was thankful for all that you did. You are one of a kind with a very large load and yet you do everything in your power to help those you meet. You are an angel sent from the heavens and I hope you find someone just like you to take your place. They have very big shoes to fill. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

She is an angel sent from god. My mother recently passed and was sent in comfort because of her.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2006