Ratings for Dr. Sue Turgeon

Sue Turgeon doesn't just lack good bedside manners, she is rude, unhelpful and outright hostile. She doesn't listen to your concerns or acts like she doesn't give two hoots about your health. She behaves like a person who hates her job but can't leave because she is so bad it no other clinic would hire her and has become bitter over the decades of being stuck. Worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

This is a second comment that I am leaving about Dr. Sue Turgeon now. I have been her patient for approx. 25 years now. I was a bit critical of her in my first review because she declined to drain my abscesses and clean-out my large white/black heads. That still is her problem. Otherwise she is very good if not excellent. She is a very good person and I like her a lot. Mid Main Clinic is an excellent Clinic.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Worst doc I've ever had in my entire life: rarely on time, hurries me out of the office every time, cold and genuinely doesn't seem to care. Had her for over a year after being reassigned when my regular doc left the practice. I'm baffled by any positive reviews of her. Perhaps something changed or maybe she has favorites, but she is neither a nice person nor a good doctor. Doesn't listen or seem to want to prescribe anything. Twice now, she diagnosed me correctly, but prescribed me a home remedy - disregarding my claim that I had already tried that unsuccessfully. Got worse both times, and went to another doc who prescribed anti-biotics immediately (as should have been done in the first place). The prolonged suffering was avoidable, in both cases, and never in my life have I met someone so dismissive.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Turgeon for 5 years. I can't stand her. I agree 100% with the negative comments made about her. She is hostile, deliberately unkind and totally dismissive of my observations with regard to my overall health. I want to stay at Mid-Main Medical, but I want a different doctor, which is easier said than done. I am prescribed a lot of pain meds, which has made it possible for me to function as an active senior (I am 77 years old.) Dr. Turgeon clearly regrets having prescribed the drugs. My dr's visits are a nightmare. She dismisses any complaints I have and is openly hostile to me. All she does is harp at me for needing pain medication to deal with the arthritis. In the last year and a half I've also been struggling with TMJ, an extremely painful condition which is not relieved by opiates. I should be taking an anti-inflammatory, but Dr. Turgeon won't prescribe it. I actually try to go to Mid-Main when she's not there to get the right medication for this condition . I want to continue to be a patient at Mid-Main, but trying to get a different doctor is proving to be difficult.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had her as a doctor when I was younger, and stopped seeing her because she was unfairly dismissive. I could tell she thought I was young, whiny, and stupid, and that it was biasing her in giving me medical attention (or rather not giving it). Being young, whiny and apparently stupid doesnt equate to being healthy.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

She said my husband had the flu. He was admitted to VGH and diagnosed with chrones disease. When we ask for anything, she treats us like we are trying to abuse the system. My son has autism and we wanted to apply for the disability tax credit and needed her to fill in a form. She didnt because she said we did not qualify. She treated us like we were trying to abuse the system. Went to a pediatrician 2 years later who said of course we qualify. He was quite upset by how she treated us. There have been a number of very serious issues in our family and we have found her to be very cold and shows little compassion. Thank god I just found another DR.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Turgeon presents as being practical but lacks warmth and does not seem thrilled with her work. However she has never been rude and seems to know what she is talking about.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

I had Dr Turgeon as a teen, and she was the best I ever had back then. I wonder if she misses the Valley.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I have decided that we tolerate each other. I know she is very good with an older family member and she has always been responsive, however, with me, she is quite dismissive. Once I had to seek a second opinion only because she dismissed my concerns. When the treatment provided through the second provider was successful, I told her and only then did she pursue other tests with me to confirm a different diagnosis than she had previously made and make a referral to a specialist. I believe I might have not ended up with a permanent condition had she been more responsive. I find it frustrating because I don't often seek medical assistance and when I do, I expect the practitioner to be responsive.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I went to see this doctor as mine was on vacation. I had an inflamed elbow and asked if I might have bursitis. She looked at it and told me she thought it was an allergic reaction to a spider bite and to take antihistamines every day until it resolved. I asked her if I could continue to work as a gardener. I was concerned about repetitive movement and heavy lifting. She said that I could continue to work and that if it did not improve in a week, I could have an x-ray, but thought I probably didn't need it. I continued to work, kept my arm bandaged and iced once an hour in the evening. The pain got worse and the swelling grew. I now have a golf ball sized red hot swollen, very painful elbow. After a week I had the x-ray but it showed nothing. This morning I went to my family doctor's locum. She said that I had olecranon bursitis and I should not be using my arm at work, I should take some time off for healing. Bad diagnosis, painful repercussions, delayed healing time. Thanks

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011