Ratings for Dr. Samuel P. Kucey

Horrible service and beside manner..... I had a consultation with him at the Kanata location, he was over 30 mins late!! I almost left and they talked me into staying, I guess they really wanted my $75 for the consultation fee. He is arrogant, cocky, and barely made eye contact with me the entire visit - his back was facing me. Very bizarre. I felt as though I was wasting his time, and that I was just a dollar sign. He was rushing quickly to discuss getting an implant and the details. Would NEVER go back to Argyle Associates for any Oral surgery.....they are like car salesmen and only after the money.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Kucey did my reconstructive jaw surgery recent. He was always attentive, highly professional and answered all my pre and post-op questions. His skill level for this type of surgery is outstanding. I was operated on for four hours and treated appropriately for the next several days and weeks for recovery. Dr. Kucey phoned my family after the surgery to touch base and let us know how it went , then came to visit me the next day to see how I was doing. He then arranged for several follow up appnts to ensure a successful healing and recovery. Its been almost 7 weeks now and the outcome of the surgery has been a success. At one point, I had some pain and when we contacted him to consult, he took our call at the clinic , then provided his personal phone number in the event we had complications after hours. This doctor is professional, very knowledgeable and cuts through the chase. I would highly recommend him if you want the job done well and you want results!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I had a consult with him for jaw surgery. He had been my surgeon for other surgeries in the past, but now as my own decision-maker I wanted to meet with him again, get re-assessed and ultimately, just get details and hear the pros and cons of the surgery. Secondly, he showed up late, which I understood as I work in a doctor's office. However, it didn't turn out like I'd hoped. He pointed out things that needed to be fixed before he could even think of doing it. Everyone in my healthcare team should be consulting and discussing my care (ortho, dentist, etc.), which is clearly not happening. Which he had pointed out obviously. He barely explained the procedure and had awful bedside manner. I am in the healthcare field and know how patients should be treated, and that is not it. He came in, said I'm doing this and this, wrote in my chart then left. No explanation whatsoever. Didn't give me any opportunity to express my feelings or ask questions about the procedure, post or pre op. After some tears and discussion with the dental hygienist, I decided to go a different direction and consult with another surgeon. My expectations for the day where sadly let down. I spent almost 3 hours in the office. The dentist and the hygienists were amazing! Listened and were understanding. Without them, my total appointment would have been 100% awful!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Usually don't write up reviews but this time I feel the urge to warn people. Had 4 of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. kucey early april, by late april a small lump formed on my left cheek, went back to see him and he said "it was a small infection, nothing to be concerned about." He proceeded and made a small incision and squeezed the life out of that lump. He gave me no antibiotics to battle the infection, even after I asked him if medicine was required. Two weeks later the lump came back and growing more aggressively, by this time I was feeling concerned and went to a family friend who also happens to be a dentist just to get a second opinion. I told him the story and immediately he took an x-Ray and knew right away it wasn't a "small infection". He called a specialist to get a better insight on the situation and as soon as he got off the phone he explained to me that the lump was a swollen gland and there was major infection. If the infection isn't treated correctly, it could lead to DEATH. He also commented the incision done was not necessary and if anything could have made the infection worse. He gave me heavy duty antibiotics for 10 days and to this day the lump is still there but it's not as big. I'm not saying it's Dr. kucey's fault I attained the infection but the lack of care and knowledge on the subject the second time I stopped by is concerning. Not only was the squeezing of the lump painful, but completely unnecessary and endangered my situation. Please be careful to whom you trust as a dentist/doctor in situations like these.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Do not go to this doctor for dental implants! my implant started bleeding heavily after 48 hours. when I phoned Dr.Kucey he seemed very unconcerned. It was no surprise when, two weeks later, the implant had "failed" and he yanked it out without any warning or freezing. A bloody, horrible experience. He then suggested that I might have osteoporosis! (the office had, incidentally, lost my X-rays on the morning of the procedure and he had decided to proceed without any) I would rather do without any implant at all than go back to Dr. Kucey

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I was very very nervous about the whole procedure since the very first appointment with Dr. Kucey. He was very nice, patience and took the time twice to answer all my stupid questions to try and get my confidence level up and understand the risks and procedure process. The staff was great as well and very helpful. Post surgery I had to call back the office to ask a few questions and everybody in the office was very happy to answer my questions. After 24 hours I also got a follow up call from one of the nurses to make sure everything was fine with me. I would recommend Dr. Kucey and the Carling clinic to anybody. I kept postponing the procedure for almost 3 years but in the end it went very well, I was out throughout the procedure and I felt well after. Thank you Dr. Kucey!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I did not have oral surgery by him, but I my best friend did. She said he is the best one in Argyle Associate (one coworker said so). He is also one of the founder of the practice (way before I was born). Consultation can be a really long wait, but not sure how about surgery. She did not experience post surgery complication and her surgery went really well. Took time to understand her health history which it was great for her. My mom knows him from the Ottawa Hospital (General Campus) and also one of her workers did work for him before (I do not know if it was at his private practice or in the hospital), has he goes there for bigger procedure (jaw surgery, fractures...) and said he is a really nice guy. He should be close of retirement, but for if you want someone who had practice has a oral + maxillofacial surgeon for years, he is the one to go for.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I agree with the comments below saying the staff at Argyle Associates was arrogant and rude. I feel the whole organization of this company needs to be drastically improved. I actually could not book my surgery date at their Carling location, but have to call this Gillian lady, whom I've never even met before, spoke to me like a child--even my boss doesn't talk to me like that. At the end, I was told to call ANOTHER person to set up the appointment, so what was her job?!? Anyways, it was scheduled but I was not told the time or cost of the surgery. Two days prior to my appointment, I had to call the staff to inquire and was again treated with the same rude attitude. I got so pissed that I cancelled my surgery entirely. I met with Dr. Kucey three times, and overall I felt he was a nice person. A pity...

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Had an implant for a lost molar at the Orleans location. Was finally called in and sat for close to an hour, staring at the instrument tray. Am usually pretty stoic about dental treatments but my anxiety grew as the clock ticked by... By the time he came in, he commented at how tense I was... Duh!! Two weeks later, the screw or 'abutment' fell out. Had no idea this could happen. Got an appointment at the Carling location and once again, sat there in a chair, staring at an instrument tray, for 45 minutes while he was on the phone having a private conversation about some event being organized. His comment was 'Have you been dancing the polka?' No 'so sorry', 'it happens', nothing but the implication that I was somehow to blame! Was fighting back tears when he quickly froze the gum and put a screw back in... very rough, no numbing the gum beforehand, no compassion and then it hit me... he's not making any money on this second visit!Stupid me for thinking he'd care. Never again!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

I have known Dr. Kucey since he first came to Ottawa. Dr. Kucey removed my daughters wisdom teeth and the whole procedure was nothing but professional. If I required any surgery, I would travel from southern Ontario to Ottawa.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013