Ratings for Dr. Gary Bonn

BEWARE find another doctor if you want quality and honesty. its all about the money for him i waited more then an hour for an appointment only to end up leaving feeling horrible. hes incompentent and yes its all about the money! beware find another doctor like i did.!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I read some critics... and was surprised... My daughter have been seing Dr Bonn since she was 10 months and she turned 6. He saved her from surgery and she is doing great. I was referred to Dr Bonn by my optometrist. YES the punctuality is poor... YES he is sometimes impatient with kids but I understand he need to get the job done too... he is getting older and he is trying to see as much kids as possible too... Money oriented I wouldn't say so... BUT this is the impression you might get if he has a bad day I guess. OVERALL, I am greatful for what he done for my daughter. Also, he made me save money when he told me I could keep the same glasses for her... etc etc...

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Horrible is an under statement even the receptionist April is rude and completely unprofessional as is Dr Bonn and his wife wouldn't recommend

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

He and his wife are awesome with kids ! He reassure us on pur babi eye problem!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Terrible service, he was rude, incompetent, and was only interested in us purchasing the glasses from his shop

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

The worst eye doctor ever! Pretends to examine eyes a total fraud and very biased glad I switched.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

What a wonderful visit this morning. My daugther has yearly visits to check her retina due to retinoblastoma in our family. Unfortunately this passed year she was diagnosed with Leukemia and can't be in contact with other kids becuase of the risk of infection. Staff at the clinic and Dr.Bonn himself made every effort to support our needs during our visit. Thank you. Before we left Dr. Bonn assured us that he is available to help us whenever we would need to consult him. That meant a lot to us. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Bonn is incompetent. Switching my daughter away from his care (after 6 years) in November 2015 was the BEST decision I ever made. He *may* know some things - but when it comes to nystagmus -- he's blatantly ignorant and misinforms/misguides parents --- therefore he doesn't provide or offer appropriate treatments. His impatience around kids - not performing appropriate exams - is inexcusable!! And yes it's true -- don't buy your glasses somewhere else because then the poor care you receive -- gets even worst!!

Submitted May 31, 2016

Ophthalmologists are not "optometrists". They are SURGEONS and there are very few Pedi ones. My daughter has seen many since she was young starting in Australia and now here. Ophthalmologist do not have the extensive amount of time that your friendly "Optometrist" has since they are dealing with severe cases and numerous ones. So yes, they are more abrupt -- most opthalmologists are, and pedi ones even more so at times. Yes you might have to wait, emergencies happen. There are NO emergencies at your "optometrist" office. The focus of the Ophthalmologist is to see your child's eyes and to heal as many as they can. I don't know what will happen in Ottawa when he does retire we will miss out. I've seen a cousin's child who had a lazy eye and was not referred onto a Ophthalmologist early enough --- early intervention is key for the eyes. As a mom and a nurse don't wait.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I wish this board was here 15 years ago. My son has had 3 surgeries to correct his lazy eye , all of them unsuccessful, each time I was reassured would be his last and here we are 15 years later with the same problem. He's extremely, rude, very greedy and I feel he should retire

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016