Ratings for Dr. Gary Bonn

While Dr. Bonn and his staff are knowledgeable regarding anything to do with the eye, I was very disappointed in his professionalism. I took my youngest there for several years. I purchased glasses for him approximately every year and a half. I purchased whatever glasses my son chose, despite the fact that we were very poor. I had no insurance and was not on welfare. I also purchased the additional insurance as protection against breakage. At the age of 10, the arm of his glasses broke and I contacted the office. I mentioned that I had purchased the additional insurance and they put me on hold. The lady who runs the clinic and said that the company had declared bankruptcy and that they wouldn't honor the policy. They didn't off ER to

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Myself, my wife and my two kids (now 19 and 22) have been seeing Dr. Bonn for over 15 years. He was referred to us at the time by our family doctor due to special needs we had that a regular Optometrist or Ophthalmologist were not able to rectify and was said to be the best in the city. He is a surgeon, and a pediatric surgeon. We agreed with the recommendation and still agree. We have had nothing but excellent service and patient care. Yes, at times, we have had to wait long past our appointed time, but only when he has had emergencies. Even though we are all adults, and Dr. Bonn has few adults as patients, we continue to stay with him due to his expertise and professionalism. We do purchase our glasses from his dispensary, and the reason is due to its very high quality of product and staff. Donna really knows her stuff and is a joy to work with. We have never had a bad pair of glasses from Bonoptics, but we have had bad pairs in the past from different dispensaries, with one that actually caused eye damage for my wife . The cost of glasses is about the same as anywhere else, so the notion of them working only to make money is nonsense. Unfortunately, their frame selection for adults is diminishing, but Donna happily suggested taking our prescription to another dispensary with a larger choice if we couldn't select one from her choices. As for Dr. Bonn's fee, yes, it is high and nowhere near what our private insurance covers, but he is an Ophthalmologist Surgeon, not an Optometrist, and his expertise and skill allows me to overlook the cost...our eyes are more important than a few dollars.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

BEWARE find another doctor if you want quality and honesty. its all about the money for him i waited more then an hour for an appointment only to end up leaving feeling horrible. hes incompentent and yes its all about the money! beware find another doctor like i did.!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I read some critics... and was surprised... My daughter have been seing Dr Bonn since she was 10 months and she turned 6. He saved her from surgery and she is doing great. I was referred to Dr Bonn by my optometrist. YES the punctuality is poor... YES he is sometimes impatient with kids but I understand he need to get the job done too... he is getting older and he is trying to see as much kids as possible too... Money oriented I wouldn't say so... BUT this is the impression you might get if he has a bad day I guess. OVERALL, I am greatful for what he done for my daughter. Also, he made me save money when he told me I could keep the same glasses for her... etc etc...

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Horrible is an under statement even the receptionist is rude and completely unprofessional as is Dr Bonn and his wife wouldn't recommend

Submitted October 18, 2016

He and his wife are awesome with kids ! He reassure us on pur babi eye problem!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Terrible service, he was rude, incompetent, and was only interested in us purchasing the glasses from his shop

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

The worst eye doctor ever! Pretends to examine eyes a total fraud and very biased glad I switched.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

What a wonderful visit this morning. My daugther has yearly visits to check her retina due to retinoblastoma in our family. Unfortunately this passed year she was diagnosed with Leukemia and can't be in contact with other kids becuase of the risk of infection. Staff at the clinic and Dr.Bonn himself made every effort to support our needs during our visit. Thank you. Before we left Dr. Bonn assured us that he is available to help us whenever we would need to consult him. That meant a lot to us. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Bonn is incompetent. Switching my daughter away from his care (after 6 years) in November 2015 was the BEST decision I ever made. He *may* know some things - but when it comes to nystagmus -- he's blatantly ignorant and misinforms/misguides parents --- therefore he doesn't provide or offer appropriate treatments. His impatience around kids - not performing appropriate exams - is inexcusable!! And yes it's true -- don't buy your glasses somewhere else because then the poor care you receive -- gets even worst!!

Submitted May 31, 2016