Ratings for Dr. Gary Bonn

Consistently disrespects patients’ time by making them wait for more than an hour past scheduled appointment time.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

My had an appointment with Dr Bonn and we waited 2+ hours and didn't even see him. His grandkids came in first and he repeatedly left the office because "the guy is here to check out my car". We also couldn't give our daughter any food/drink while there (except in the lobby of the office building). I could deal with that, it was a huge pain but ... however, when my tired and hungry daughter started melting down, his staff laughed at her!!! THEY LAUGHED!!! You keep an active 1.5 year old waiting for over 2 hours then laugh at her when she's had enough ... how unprofessional and downright heartless!!!! Not to mention the signs everywhere saying how if you don't give 24 hours nnotice to reschedule an appointment you will be charged $60/$85 .... maybe we should charge him for our time and distress. It's veey rare that I get angry to that point, but this was absolutely ridiculous! We walked out and will not ever be returning!! Sidenote: It would have been a 5 minute appointment.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

This wonderful, kind man fixed both my eyes in surgeries as a child, & I remained his patient until I decided that others had more need of his expertise. Other ophthalmologists who have seen me as an adult for routine eye examinations are shocked at the history: both of my eyes are perfectly straight. These ungrateful reviews shock me.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

DR. Bonn is an excellent doctor and surgeon. My daughter has been a patient of his for 16 years and he has provided wonderful care. The staff is professional and very accommodating. Thank you Dr. Bonn !

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

knows what he's saying, it's just the arrogant way he says things that rubs me the wrong way. staff is not at all helpful and he has no concept of time. These are little children having to wait sometimes hours to see a little man with a bad attitude.

Submitted April 24, 2017

While Dr. Bonn and his staff are knowledgeable regarding anything to do with the eye, I was very disappointed in his professionalism. I took my youngest there for several years. I purchased glasses for him approximately every year and a half. I purchased whatever glasses my son chose, despite the fact that we were very poor. I had no insurance and was not on welfare. I also purchased the additional insurance as protection against breakage. At the age of 10, the arm of his glasses broke and I contacted the office. I mentioned that I had purchased the additional insurance and they put me on hold. The lady who runs the clinic and said that the company had declared bankruptcy and that they wouldn't honor the policy. They didn't off ER to

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Myself, my wife and my two kids (now 19 and 22) have been seeing Dr. Bonn for over 15 years. He was referred to us at the time by our family doctor due to special needs we had that a regular Optometrist or Ophthalmologist were not able to rectify and was said to be the best in the city. He is a surgeon, and a pediatric surgeon. We agreed with the recommendation and still agree. We have had nothing but excellent service and patient care. Yes, at times, we have had to wait long past our appointed time, but only when he has had emergencies. Even though we are all adults, and Dr. Bonn has few adults as patients, we continue to stay with him due to his expertise and professionalism. We do purchase our glasses from his dispensary, and the reason is due to its very high quality of product and staff. Donna really knows her stuff and is a joy to work with. We have never had a bad pair of glasses from Bonoptics, but we have had bad pairs in the past from different dispensaries, with one that actually caused eye damage for my wife . The cost of glasses is about the same as anywhere else, so the notion of them working only to make money is nonsense. Unfortunately, their frame selection for adults is diminishing, but Donna happily suggested taking our prescription to another dispensary with a larger choice if we couldn't select one from her choices. As for Dr. Bonn's fee, yes, it is high and nowhere near what our private insurance covers, but he is an Ophthalmologist Surgeon, not an Optometrist, and his expertise and skill allows me to overlook the cost...our eyes are more important than a few dollars.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

BEWARE find another doctor if you want quality and honesty. its all about the money for him i waited more then an hour for an appointment only to end up leaving feeling horrible. hes incompentent and yes its all about the money! beware find another doctor like i did.!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I read some critics... and was surprised... My daughter have been seing Dr Bonn since she was 10 months and she turned 6. He saved her from surgery and she is doing great. I was referred to Dr Bonn by my optometrist. YES the punctuality is poor... YES he is sometimes impatient with kids but I understand he need to get the job done too... he is getting older and he is trying to see as much kids as possible too... Money oriented I wouldn't say so... BUT this is the impression you might get if he has a bad day I guess. OVERALL, I am greatful for what he done for my daughter. Also, he made me save money when he told me I could keep the same glasses for her... etc etc...

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Horrible is an under statement even the receptionist is rude and completely unprofessional as is Dr Bonn and his wife wouldn't recommend

Submitted October 18, 2016