Ratings for Dr. Lita Appavoo

would not recommend after the experience I had when seeing her a number of years ago.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

consistently caring but not well informed in dealing with Complex PTSD-listens prescribes and prescribes

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Dr. Appavoo was very thorough and trustworthy. Staff was helpful. They were extremely busy and scheduled an appointments 8 months ahead so I asked to be put on waitlist if any cancellations came up and was called back about a month later.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Terrible comunication. After waiting almost a year for my appointment, they cancelled it and refused to see me. Staff does not care, all they say is "Oh well".

Submitted May 2, 2017

A no nonsense doctor who can tell you the hard truth with sensitivity. My life has, and continues to improve because of her. She is dedicated to her patients and practice.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr Appavoo is the first doctor that has taken their time to hear and understand and respond to my concerns. She takes time to ask about the biopsychosocial aspects of my life and I feel like she truly cares. I feel blessed to have found her!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Appavoo is knowledgable with diagnosis and medication.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Appavoo was thorough in taking both my mental and physical histories. Sent me for several tests to rule out physical causes of my mental illness. I found her calm, business like but certainly focused on how I was responding to questions. We discussed meds and she provided me with some alternatives based on her observations, my family physicians report and how I was feeling with the approach I was taking. I never felt pressured to change my meds or change dosages. I found her to be exactly what I had hoped for in a psychiatrist. She is medical based, looking for causes of my mental illnesses and determining if my meds are helping while she also provided me with resources to start meditation and provided me some excellent tools to help with anxiety attacks. Well rounded approach. Looking forward to continuing to work with her. Finally feel like there's some hope.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I found Dr Appavoo to be very "clinical". I did not feel she has nearly enough of a caring , understanding disposition given the field she works in. Very "business-like" approach with minimal compassion. I found (as others have mentioned) that her treatment philosophy is extremely drug dependent ... to the point of being passive aggressive towards her patient if they are reluctant to rely heavily on medication to improve ( almost as if she takes it as an insult to her training and knowledge if you don't take what she wants to prescribe ). I definitely felt a "detachment" and disinterest from her in wanting to treat me once she knew I was trying to avoid taking meds. It's not that I was against them completely , but I wanted to try and tackle my issues and depression with verbal therapy first. Not a horrible doctor, but NOT one I would recommend if compassion and care is important to establishing a connection to your therapist.

Submitted May 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Appavoo for numerous years and I would like to comment that without her clear understanding of my underlying mood disorder and medication changes and the support and resources that was offered by her I would not be functioning as well as I am at this moment. She takes the time to review her patients needs and is always there if there are changes that need to be addressed.. Very Very attentive and kind!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015