Ratings for Dr. Lita Appavoo

I've been seeing Dr. Appavoo for almost 2 years. I find that she's professional, quite knowledgeable and wants to know all that goes on with me between appointments and does listen to my perspective and answers my questions. That being said i do find that she is quite reluctant to change meds and doesn't always hear me when i am struggling to cope and with my depression. Overall though she is a decent psychiatrist

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

over prescribes with little understanding of medicatio

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Fair, compassionate, and very professional. Not a pushover, caring, and also requires honesty, effort and participation from her patients to help them reach their goals. I recommend Dr. Appavoo to anyone struggling with mental illness and chronic unemployment & suicidality. My life continues to improve under her oversight and guidance because she is not pushy, and really listens and validates me. I work pretty hard on myself though, to function well and I have committed 1000% to dialectical behaviour therapy to keep functioning as well as I can within my limitations. Good luck!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Did a really good job at bringing out my genuine feelings/opinions about my condition. She seems well equipped to deal with my condition.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

would not recommend after the experience I had when seeing her a number of years ago.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

consistently caring but not well informed in dealing with Complex PTSD-listens prescribes and prescribes

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Dr. Appavoo was very thorough and trustworthy. Staff was helpful. They were extremely busy and scheduled an appointments 8 months ahead so I asked to be put on waitlist if any cancellations came up and was called back about a month later.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Terrible comunication. After waiting almost a year for my appointment, they cancelled it and refused to see me. Staff does not care, all they say is "Oh well".

Submitted May 2, 2017

A no nonsense doctor who can tell you the hard truth with sensitivity. My life has, and continues to improve because of her. She is dedicated to her patients and practice.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr Appavoo is the first doctor that has taken their time to hear and understand and respond to my concerns. She takes time to ask about the biopsychosocial aspects of my life and I feel like she truly cares. I feel blessed to have found her!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015