Ratings for Dr. Mary H. Briggs

I love this doctor. She performed a laparoscopic hysterectomy on me despite my having a uterus bigger than a canteloupe (due to fibroids). Despite being close to menopause she kept my ovaries when I asked her to, and she left my cervix. She is a great listener and extremely bright and thoughtful, and I would recommend her to anyone. I'm not that wild about her staff, though.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND A REGISTERED NURSE WITH A FAMILY HISTORY OF OVARIAN, BREAST, AND COLON CANCERS. I REQUESTED AN U/S TO RULE OUT ANY OVARIAN CANCER WHICH I HAVE NOT HAD DONE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. DR. BRIGGS REFUSED TO ORDER THIS SIMPLE NON INVASIVE TEST AND INSTEAD TOLD ME I COULD GET GENETIC TESTING DONE WHICH MAY COST ME THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IF NOT COVERED BY MY INSURANCE.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Dr. Briggs is a very thorough and knowledgeable doctor with surprisingly good people skills. If you prefer doctors who aren't quick to prescribe medications and takes a more holistic approach to wellness, then she is for you. She is very patient when answering questions and never makes you feel like you are questioning her knowledge. She performed several tests to address what my possible pain was and through a process of elimination was able to make a diagnosis when others could not. She explains everything she is planning to do and during the procedure keeps you informed and makes sure that you are comfortable rather than rush through a procedure like you're a piece of meat like some ob/gyns I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with. When I became pregnant at a later age, she saw me and performed an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay before I proceeded to contact an obstetrician (Lahey doesn't handle maternity/labor). All-in-all a great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr. Briggs is one of the most well-informed providers I have ever visited. She is very up to date on current tests and procedures. I would recommend her to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

Knowledgable, professional and good people skills. She performed minor surgery in a timely manner and all went well.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2007

If you have any issues that cannot be solved by hormones or waiting six months on a constant basis to see if they improve, this doctor is not for you. I'm now looking elsewhere for help with something that could've likely been solved in a timely fashion, and has thus been dragged out over the course of a year.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

Dr. Mary H. Briggs's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Burlington, MA