Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. Ela

My mom is a patient of Dr. ELa . He is compassionate and very through. He explains everything so the patient and family can understand . I've never felt rushed by him or his staff . Excellent knowledge as a physician ! He also had a very nice personality. I would highly recommend him . K. Hanna

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

After 4 long years and several tests with other doctors Dr. Ela was able to give me a diagnosis for my illness after one visit. He even suggested I go to another teaching institute for confirmation as it is a very debilitating disease. Which I did and his diagnosis was confirmed. Very patient and knowledgeable doctor I would recommend him to my family or friends

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

He is exptremely knowledgeeable, patience. Never cut you short or show you to the door. Always answer your concerns/questions. My husband has been seeing him for the last 8 years and we have no complaint but appreciation. I will recommend him to any of my friends and relatives.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

Very disappointing. I heard nothing but rave reviews about him. He was friendly enough, adn his staff was very nice. I had heard he was very patient. With me he was ALWAYS hurried, showing me out before I could ask more than two questions. He did a neurological exam (normally takes about an hour) that lasted about TWO MINUTES! No exaggeration. He usually told me NOTHING about what was going on: what he thought, what he was checking for, why I was doing tests, the results, etc. I usually left his office more confused than I went in. Then while my symptoms were getting more severe, and a test revealed another most likely neurological symptom, he told me I was fine, there was nothing else he could do and if I didn't like it, to go see someone else. I found out later he hadn't done even half of the helpful tests he could have. It almost seems like he just didn't want any more patients.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Terrible doctor. It you want good medical attention and care, don't go to this doctor. He is terrible. No care or concern for patients. Won't help out in any way. Lazy.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Ela is extremely knowledgqble, caring, and compassionate. I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Dr. Ela was very helpful and informative. He took the time to answer my questions and very very thorough in his exam. My 2nd visit was also very complete and he explained all of the test results to me. I am very thankful to him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

Dr. Thomas W. Ela's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)