Ratings for Dr. Rod J. Turner

I went to Dr. Turner in 2006 when I was pregnant with my second son. At the time he was "the best of the best." First thing he told me 100% I was having a girl well as noted in the first sentence I had a son. But ok ultrasounds can be tricky. When I was in the hospital I told the nursing staff and Dr. Turner my body did not react well with morphine in fact I got the worst migraines both boys were c-sections. But he told me if I was getting migraines or headaches they would basically have to do brain surgery to find out why and he himself came over and pushed the button for the extra dose (the machine gives you a dose automatically through the IV, the button is for a little extra if the pain worsens.) So I believed him I mean I researched the heck out of him being my first son was a high risk pregnancy and I had so many complications during and after birth, and got pregnant 6 months later on a cruise. I trusted him. I was about to be released from the hospital when I was confused because I payed CASH to have my son circumcised and he hasn't been. I called the doctors office from the hospital and after them finally finding a copy of a receipt in my records the Dr. Came and did the circumcision. On my first post check up I told the doctor I was having some weird symptoms if you will No sexual drive things like that when in fact I just learned 10 years later there is a thing called tubal ligation syndrome (Dr. Turner recommended me having my tubes tied due to the amount of scar tissue left from my first c-section). He told me all my symptoms were me just experiencing motherhood. Well my family moved to El Paso for 7 years for my husband's work and I still drove to Houston for my yearly check up that's how much I admired him. He even helped a good friend of mine get pregnant when other doctors told her it wouldn't be possible. Then I start having really bad cramps even though I wasn't on my period and he just have me IBProphen and sent me on my way. Then my son 8 by this time told me had a problem but couldn't show me so I handed him my cell phone and told him to take a picture. His privates were infected I raced him to his pediatrician and she told me his circumcision was not done correctly in fact some of the skin was still there. He would have to have surgery to have it removed or he would have horrific consequences when he got older. My opinion began to change about Dr. Turner real quick especially when you walk in and it feels like a plastic surgeons office then an OB/GYNs. Now 2017 I'm sitting here pregnant. I believe he was once the best of the best but now all he sees are $$$ in fact his office still owes me $45 they said they could only credit. Well when they get the bill for my sons surgery we can call it fair. Ladies it's true he was once great but please find another doctor unless you just want Botox with your Pap.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

He told my wife that her miscarriage fault for not taking prenatals. She was devastated... Still is.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Loved, loved, loved this man! Very thorough and meticulous about your care. He was the first person to ever diagnose my heart condition I likely had since birth. He delivered one of my babies. He was awesome. I would trust him with my life. But, sadly, he doesn't take my insurance now. Now I have to find someone else that I can trust. :-(

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

The best OB in clear lake, im so glad he'll be delivering my first baby !! I would strongly recommend doctor turner .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Best OBGYN in clear lake. He has long wait times but it is worth it.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Easily the best OBGYN in the clear lake area! I have never met someone more compassionate, and who treats each patient with respect while making the experiences as enjoyable as possible. I'm so proud to call Dr. Turner my doctor, and if I were having more kids I would definitely go to him! He's simply the best of the best (awards have shown it) and he gives each patient everything that is needed & more!!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2013

Today our son would have turned 13 years old but due to unforeseen events he did not survive. On December 23, 2000, Dr. Turner induced me without even being present. It was my 6th pregnancy and my first child was delivered via C-section. I V-BACd 3 times. Needless to say, I experienced a uterine rupture and Dr. Turner was not present for an emergency delivery.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I waited 1-2 hours to see the doctor. He told me I needed to read a book so I wasn't constantly calling about.things that are "normal". He just isn't the doctor for me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

I work in healthcare and took my time choosing a doctor. I observed his patients and heard their positive comments about him. I have been a patient of Dr.Turner for 12 years and he delivered my daughter in 2007. I would highly recommend him, as his bedside manner is outstanding!! He is a very calm and patient man. There is no other doctor I would rather have!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

The staff from Doctor Turner is really rude. I was once there waiting and saw how the staff turned down this girl who was in pain and they told her if she was feeling really bad she should go to the ER. They didn't even consider taking her in. Well, I also had an emergency later and when I tried to call for an appointment and explained to them the urgent conditions, the lady "Heather" said they didn't have any open appointments till a month from now. Despite the emergency, and she hung up. The doctor is nice, but he pushes things on you. Like he made us take some lab work that was unnecessary and super expensive. His office also charges for everything. The staff is not compassionate at all, and the doctor follows.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. Rod J. Turner's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med