Ratings for Dr. Jeffery A. Passer

Dr Passer has always been super helpful. He is one of the few doctors who listened to me and did not dismiss me. Dr Passer always make me feel that I am important.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I have been going to dr passer for a few months now . Was diagnosed with hyperthyroid, graves disease and hashimotos have gotten 4 differ rounds of blood tests done, forked out hundreds of dollars. just a few days ago got a thyroid ultrasound done and forked out another 300 bucks out of pocket . call to get my results and got bounced around to 3 differ ppl who refused to give me my results . finally got a call back from the head nurse Kelly who by the way is super unprofessional and down right RUDE. who said they would not see me as a patient anymore and could not help me . said they dont specialize in Hyperthyroidism which is bs because they knew i had that from the 1st day i saw him . said they were transfering all my paperwork over to a new doctor without my consent. who btw they wld not give me info on . Kelly hung up on me twice . so i call back and got yet another nurse in the office who refused to help me. Literally the worst experience i have with a doctor. He will just take ur money and send u on ur way without helping . i feel like i completely wasted my time and hopefully will find a new doctor soon !!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I thought he was caring and honest. He could care less if I lived or died. Wow is all I can say. What will he say when he faces God face to face one day. Oops, I thought I was you, but I can clearly see I am not...

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

We I first saw Dr Passer he was interactive and helped me. Time as moved on and now when I'm sick well the appt desk lady is a complete unhelpful witch. I'm telling you I'm very ill I'm not even offered to walk in and get squeezed in. OH NO ! I'm now told 3-4weekd but that was in 2014. 2015 started with a bang. You never know what will walk through the door a Dr or a dragon that's bored, in the last year they gave up taking my temperature, BP, or listen to my chest. I've been in the hospital and he left the office without calling in medicine orders. I asked ever nurse or Dr who walked by to please help me. No one would contact him. Finally at 9pm my nt nurse came in I was sobbing hysterically from pain. She told me "Dr Passer is known all over Omaha for his treatment and left to suffer till morning rounds. She was a professional and called him. I finally got relief. The next morning I was woken to the door hitting the wall at 5:30 a.m. He was yelling at ME that I required too much time. No checking of my body or how I felt. The worst encounters of my life. He then walked out saw my nurse and right in the hospital hall he started screaming at her that "she had better not EVER call his house at 9at nt because I was complaining of pain and he had forgotten to call the orders and test in" I can't call him a Dr because the oath says "First do no harm" I go to my visit prepared it makes no difference I'm asked " What the 'F' (yes really) do you want me to do"? Now it's victim and buy buy buy at what 3x the local drugstore price? I'm getting spammed with skin care treatments. This guy is going to quit and give no advance notice I can feel it. BIG DEAL YOU GRADUATED FIRST IN YOUR CLASS. WHO CARES IF YOU DONT TREAT OUR ILLNESS? Oh yes and if you want a copy of your records he never allows his notes to be included. REALLY?! The so called nurse line says all calls returned in 24 hours. How about as long as 3 weeks calling over and over. One last item. In all the time I've seen him he has never reviewed a blood test or any other kind of test. I've been told to find someone else in Dec. I've been trying but with the changes they want $2000 just to see you a tip I guess and it really makes me so angry. The latest if I never wrote a script for a med Dr Passer won't now. That's per the nurses desk. OMG OMAHA He needs to watch the movie "The Doctor". And put name tags on your staff so we can learn who we talked to. That's if their still there next visit. I give one star for knowledge because you must pick one but I can't tell you. What a nightmare

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I love Dr. Passer. He's the best in Omaha. He is always very pleasant to me and genuinely caring in his approach toward treating my health problems. I trust him and hope he never retires!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I agree totally. This doctor and his office staff are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever encountered in the medical field. And the price is 150% overpriced. The doctor and his staff make it very evident that could care less about you or your health. ALL he cares about is getting as much of your money as he possibly can. I am not sure if the office personnel know how to file insurance because my insurance, which is pretty good, covered hardly anything. Then I was left with this huge bill to pay off. They threatened to sue me when I didn't make a payment because of financial hardship. This doctor is pathetic. He needs to retire. I'm sure he has enough money to do so. DO NOT go to this doctor. You will regret it.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Anyone who mentions unprofessional, rude and overpriced is 100% correct. I was under Dr. Passer's care for a year. I was always treated with indignity from the staff and Dr. Passer acted as if he had better things to do than talk with me. And overpriced does not begin to descrube his prices. I was on a $250/month payment plan for almost the entire time I was under his care. And my husband has the best possible insurance. I don't know how this practice gets away with the things it does and prices it charges. When I said I was going to another doctor, they immediately cleared my entire bill (a week before my assigned payment date.) without telling me. And when I requested my records, they took almost three months to get them sent to my new physician. Ultimately I came away feeling not only 'had" but also very hurt. I know of other former patients who have all had similiar experiences and all came away very upset. He has no business being in practice.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I wish I could provide more insight on Dr. Passer's expertise; however, I can tell you that I visited with him twice and he was polite. Helpful or insightful, not so much. And that is not a knock against his medical knowledge. He just never demonstrated it other than looking at my charts and saying, "Yep. Looks good. Come back in four months." That said, I believe I have an obligation to warn other prospective patients about his business practices and staff. First of all, I saw him twice. My first visit (before insurance) was almost $900 - just to chat with me. My second visit - which was approximately 20 minutes from beginning to end - was another $300. After insurance (BCBSNE) I am in for more than $600 for two visits for, "Yep. Looks good." OUTRAGEOUS. But wait, it gets worse. . . His staff is openly rude, mean and more unprofessional than the kids at the Wendy's drive-through. When I called to talk about my bill, it was obvious the staff member did not wish to discuss my bill. I could hear her sneer through the phone. Lastly, when I called to cancel an appointment (I had unexpected travel come up) the first thing the staff member said was - "You have a balance. Are you going to pay," (sneer included again). I informed her that I was on a payment plan and it would be cleared for the next payment. She put me on hold for five minutes to confirm, came back and said, "Fine. Bye." I pleaded for her to wait, that I needed a refill on a prescription. "You canceled your appointment. We're not giving you another." So this person, whom I am guessing has zero medical training, holds my well-being hostage for a measly $110 bill. This, by the way, would be an opportune time to tell everyone that they considered my bill more than 90 days past due even though I was on an agreed upon payment plan. How is that possible? Seriously folks - I have never had a worse medical experience than Dr. Passer's office. It is clear that he is only out to bleed his patients for every cent he can and will hire any harpy in a skin tight dress to be on his staff. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

This is a very busy office so they aren't super social. Not a lot of warm and fuzzy stuff going on. However they weren't unfriendly. I am not going there to socialize so it doesn't bother me. I have yet to see Dr a Passer but saw his APRN Tina on both of my visits and my next scheduled as well. She is great. She has taken me off of Synthroid and my synthetic Hormones. Put me on Nature-throid and bioidenticals.. I feel like a new person and am so grateful to this office. The only negative is I waited over 45 minutes but it is worth the wait in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Jeffery A. Passer's Credentials

• Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198 (Grad. 1972)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Passer has always been super helpful. He is one of the few doctors who listened to me and did not dismiss me. Dr Passer always make me feel that I am importa..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to dr passer for a few months now . Was diagnosed with hyperthyroid, graves disease and hashimotos have gotten 4 differ rounds of blood tests..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I thought he was caring and honest. He could care less if I lived or died. Wow is all I can say. What will he say when he faces God face to face one day. Oops, ..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "How Pass has a practice, given his terrible manners (and ego) and price-gouging of patients is beyond comprehension. Do not not not go!!!!!!!!!!!!"

December 16, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "We I first saw Dr Passer he was interactive and helped me. Time as moved on and now when I'm sick well the appt desk lady is a complete unhelpful witch. I'm tel..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Passer. He's the best in Omaha. He is always very pleasant to me and genuinely caring in his approach toward treating my health problems. I trust ..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I agree totally. This doctor and his office staff are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever encountered in the medical field. And the price is 1..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Anyone who mentions unprofessional, rude and overpriced is 100% correct. I was under Dr. Passer's care for a year. I was always treated with indignity from the ..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I wish I could provide more insight on Dr. Passer's expertise; however, I can tell you that I visited with him twice and he was polite. Helpful or insightful, n..."

February 9, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=4968'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.5

February 5, 2014