You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Ramsden

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. R for going on 10 years plus and although sometimes curt he does know his stuff & over the years have come to find he has a compassionate side even though he is more clinical at times. I feel he does have my best interest at heart given his education and experience. Between him and my Naturopath we are working on finding options that will alleviate the joint pain and fibromyalgia I have been diagnosed with. I'm glad that I have such a conscientious Dr. & appreciate his willingness to respond to me regarding blood work & other concerns I've had via email.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I went with my mother to Dr. Ramsden for her severe joint pains. Of course, after months of waiting we finally got to see him. He was extremely rude and arrogant, to a point that both my mother and I had tears in our eyes. If the appointment was for myself, I would have walked out of his office. For one thing, his impression was that my mother was lying to him about her pains. Though, after he examined her and saw her in tears because of the examination, then his attitude towards my mom changed a little and he spoke to her with a bit of respect. Though, she never went back to him and I absolutely don't recommend him. His not fit to be a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I was put on prednisone and methotrexate for years by this doctor, now at 42 I have had both hips replaced and now need both ankles fused. I recommend you find someone else.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Great doctor. Keeps discussion focused and spends time gathering relevant information. Is not afraid to have honest discussions to address the root of the problem. Very impressed and thankful that I was referred to this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Terrible experience. Will not be going back. I called my family doctor for another referral before even leaving the building. Had zero interest in findjng any solution to managing my fibromyalgia which he diagnosed and suggested tai chi. Zero bedside manner. Tested positive for an autoimmune disease which is why i was referred to him and he retested and said i was fine. He acknowledged the results can fluxuate weekly but didnt offer to retest and said it didnt matter as theres no cure for it anyways. So frustrated. Waited three months to get a useless result. Back to square one.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Possibly one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I seriously considered walking out within five minutes of the start of the appointment, and in retrospect I wish I had. He is rude, brusque, arrogant and condescending. He asked me extremely specific point by point questions, and when I tried to elaborate on my answers (so that he might have an ACTUAL history of my case, rather than just the dates and the names of the other doctors that I have seen, which is all he seemed interested in) he interrupted me, and didn't seem interested in whether I finished what I was saying or not. At the end of the appointment (after a rather non-extensive physical), he announced that not only did I NOT have the condition that I was there to see him about (which I have been diagnosed with by a specialist, the same one who referred me to him), but he couldn't understand WHY I was diagnosed with it in the first place. Needless to say, I will NOT be returning.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr.R was fantastic. What a caring man! He was very attentive and kind.He impressed me with his knowledge of my condition and I really felt that he was making suggestions in my best interest about my treatment options. I was even more impressed when, after having had blood work done, he told me to email him for the results! I followed up on that suggestion and his reply was very immediate. As I live out of town, I had a few questions about where I should have the suggested treatment done.Again, Dr.R was quick to respond and make suggested including offering to do the treatment in New Westminister. I don't know of any Doctors that take the time to answer emails personally. He seems to genuinely care about his patients and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of such expertise.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have been to see Dr. Ramsden on numerous occasions for my ankylosing spondylitis. His staff is horrifically rude and unhelpful. When calling in to make an appointment they are curt and unpleasant and do not return phone calls. Dr. Ramsden does seem to be knowledgeable about drugs and prescriptions but unwilling to discuss other means of treatment (lifestyle changes, exercise, stretching, etc). Additionally, he always seems to be in a hurry spending very little time with me during appointments. He is punctual but at the cost of being thorough.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. R is the best! Calm and knowledgeable, very straightforward and respectful. Timely replies via e-mail. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Dr. Michael Ramsden's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He gave me three nasty medications to threat me for rhumathoid arthritis for eighteen months which I don't have."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. R for going on 10 years plus and although sometimes curt he does know his stuff & over the years have come to find he has a compassionate..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went with my mother to Dr. Ramsden for her severe joint pains. Of course, after months of waiting we finally got to see him. He was extremely rude and arrogan..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was put on prednisone and methotrexate for years by this doctor, now at 42 I have had both hips replaced and now need both ankles fused. I recommend you find ..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor. Keeps discussion focused and spends time gathering relevant information. Is not afraid to have honest discussions to address the root of the probl..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience. Will not be going back. I called my family doctor for another referral before even leaving the building. Had zero interest in findjng any ..."

October 10, 2014