Ratings for Dr. Kamal Patel

VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL IF YOU ASK QUESTIONS

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I have seen Dr. Patel as a patient and have also taken my teenage daughter to see him. As a patent, mother, and medical preofessional, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Patel. He always takes time to explain details. Yes, he runs behind. Most specialists do because they have to see so many patients. He saw me on an emergency basis several years ago. I went to his office at closing time, he stayed late and performed a bone marrow biopsy and admitted me to the hospital. I was basically bleeding to death due to lack of platelets. His nurses are always pleasant and attentive. His office staff have always been respectful. I refer many patients (as a nrse) to him, and will continue to do so. He is an excellent physician.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

This doctor diagnosed me with Polycythemia in 2001, after 2.5 years of Phlebotomies, and his chronic tardiness, I saw another Hemotologist. Found out that all the tests for my diagnosis were NOT performed. After completing the tests regimen with the new Hemotologist I was re-diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I've been on a CPAP now for six years and my polycythemia has miraculously disappeared! I will not recommend this doctor to anyone, his chronic tardiness, lack of attention to details, unwillingness to perform diagnostic test panels for known or related hemotological conditions will be enough for me to warn all new patients away from his care, beware!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

We used this Dr. for a family member and we ,as a family, were VERY DISSATISFIED with his Pt.Dr./Family Dr. communication skills and his lack of desire to answer questions. This Dr. even went so far as to challenge information provided to him by the patients' family. We finally ended up receiving information on our family members' current health status from another Dr. who had seen the pt. earlier and was called back in to consult with Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel would tell us something TOTALLY different every time we met with him. If we were to ask a question related to what he had previously told us, he denied that what we were questioning had ever been said, and would became noticably angry(this happened on numerous occasions). Unfortunately, our family member has since passed away. I am not blaming this Dr. for that, but I am blaming him for making this time in our lives, & the patients' life, a "very frustrating" and confusing experience.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

He is willing to explain the condition and trys to minimize your concerns. Friendly and cheerful.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2007

Dr. Kamal Patel's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, South Gujarat Univ, Surat, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1986)

Pacificare