Ratings for Dr. Joshua P. Golden

This doctor is out of his mind. He is rude and verbally abusive. And don't count on confidentiality with him! He is extremely unprofessional and shady as heck. His waiting room is dingy and an OCD nightmare and his receptionist is a miserable broad.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

As many others have posted, the office staff (Erin specifically) is rude, arrogant, judgmental and unprofessional. On the phone, she sounds completely annoyed at having to schedule an appointment , make a change, or look up an appointment time, tasks that a medical office secretary should be quite accustomed to doing. She has a tone to her voice that suggests she is superior and completely impatient with patients, in person or by phone. She brings a giant smelly dog to work. She's simply awful and doesn't belong in a medical office especially with patients who may be depressed or suicidal. Just what they need, a judgmental secretary to roll her eyes at them. She's the face of the practice and the first impression is of a rude, uncaring person whose salary is paid by the patient fees! Come on Dr. Golden, I want to like you but I question your wisdom in hiring such an unpleasant person to represent your practice. Dr. Golden isn't bad, he's a little arrogant but he doesn't coddle, which is good. But the front office lessens the whole experience.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I met Dr golden after my psych of 12 yrs left the practice high and dry and me without a Dr.I was Leary at first simply because I was starting over with a new Dr and didn't know what to expect. Then I read the reviews and was even more afraid. But the experience was great!! I was in there for 1\2 hr and he told me very bluntly "you don't need all these meds" Shocking to me. He didn't change anything though until he gets to know me better which I totally understood and respected. One other shocking thing that stuck with me is he said "I could tell when you walked in the room that you're not crazy. You my dear have been misdiagnosed. I will show you. Your last Dr convinced you of too many things. I've seen crazy". Total mind blow. Looking forward to next appt

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

horrible horrible horrible... mean, does not listen only looks a computer and when i told him he was wrong got REALLY agree with me. I wish I never went to him. I stood in his office crying and he pushed me out the door. did not even hand me a tissue.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I to work in the health care field and have never been so appalled in my life how doctor golden and Erin treat their patients! It is absolutely disgusting how he can call himself a dr. And Erin a professional. Nothing done in that office is proffessional at all. Neither Erin not nor dr golden listen to you, when your trying to check in or out it is the biggest annoyance to Erin and she huffs and makes other noises under her breath, "wow I didn't know schedulimg an appt or going over insurance changes was that difficult. The billing department is also a sorry excuse,no bills are sent and then all of a sudden you get berated by dr golden for not paying your bill and he hands you a bill for close to a thousand dollars. You call and ask Erin or I'm not even sure who I lett 3 messages for someone "anyone " to call me back explain statement and I wanted the billing dept. to mail me a copy of my whole acctount history for the past 6 years because I pay cash but this office refuses to give receipts . so I wanted to see what history they had and if it matched mine. Now they take my ins and my ins requires more info for Rx and this could be done by a simple phone call or quick email or a fax sent to the urgent #. Which I did all the research that ERIN should have done but she kept insisting that the insurance doesn't work that way. That's really amusing to me because there thousands of ins co's who offer thousands of different product types of coverage but ERIN WHO IS SUCH A GENIUS WORKING THERE , knows right away she can't call or go online she can only sit and wait for my ins. To send form. But this was in no way was a concern to Erin or dr golden . that if I just stop taking this medication I can have a severe seizure from just stopping meds immediately. Not once was there any concern for my my well being or offer to help me get this worked out. the only thing that mattered was "WHERES MY MONEY"! If dr gden was the last dr on earth and could save my life through his lies I would not let him touch me with a 10 foot nor let him come near me!!!!! Worst office ever!!! My advice stay far far far far away!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

the receptionist has to be the most ignorant receptionist I have ever dealt with in a doctors office

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

The rude receptionist named Erin is not an asset to the facility. My son had an apptmnt at 9:45 am yesterday and she was not there. Another pt enters. At 10am she runs in the door. A second pt enters. At 10:20am I stated please advise the md we are here as the other 2 later pts were seen by md. She lies and states you were not here. I explained 15 minutes before you. Next she screams in a rage that she ran an errand. I left the practice. My advice to anyone who encounters her and may be falsely chged when you were there pls remember most psychological facilities have cameras so that can be proof for who is at the facility and at what time. I believe that Erin in no means should be employed in mental health as I am an employee in healthcare. She should be fired and replaced by a professional and intelligent individual.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I have been seeing him for years now and i think he has helped me open up to my own problems. He can be direct and frank and sometimes even slightly arrogant - but as it turns out that is the type of Dr I needed. And when I don't agree with something, I feel free to tell him so. He works for my and my needs - and that's enough for me......

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I have seen doctor golden on and off for 6 years. He has been kind to me at times but at other times has made me feel terrible for the person I am. I am no where near perfect but Im not a bad person by any means. Doctor Golden is very smart and quick thinking but needs to understand that he isn't always right, and that every person deserves respect. I admittedly was a terrible patient and I have made many mistake to where I was glad to receive his forgiveness for. After such a long time being a patient however I would think he would be more understanding to me as a person and a bit less judgmental. I don't criticize any of his actions just how he handled them. His secretary is.. i'm sure all patients would is terrible weather in person or on the phone..she is non personable, seemingly judgmental, and rude. She talks with an arrogance that she is better than you, many people being seen as patients have problems and hardships that those two would never understand. I wouldn't recommend the time, money or "tell it like it is" type treatment.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

staff unfriendly, dr. has disciplinary actions /fines he is rude odd and useless

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Joshua P. Golden's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med