You may also like

Rate Dr. James R. Hoppe

Dr. James R. Hoppe's Ratings

Dr. Hoppe is a great doctor. I was very pleased after my first visit. However, I wish I could say the same about the staff. On my first visit, the receptionist made me pay the copay even though it was a preventative care visit and according to my insurance I did not need to pay. When I questioned her, she replied "you should have said something" in a very rude way. My next visit was just a nurse's appointment and when I got there I tried to approach the window to sign in but the receptionist was having a conversation with someone though the window, I am not sure if he was a patient as the conversation was not doctor related. The point is, I stood there for a couple of minutes waiting for their conversation to be over because I did not want to interrupt. The whole time I was there standing the receptionist was aware and not once did she stop to ask me what I needed. I then had to interrupt them as it was ridiculous I had to wait that long just to sign in. Awesome doctor but terrible staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

Very pleasant atmosphere regarding the office itself. Dr Hoppe is very knowledgeable and courteous. I trust him whole heartily I not only take the rest of my family to see him, I have recommended him to quite a few of my friends and acquaintances.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2798115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Looking for a new doctor- some friends recommended Dr. Hoppe. I am glad that they did. He is friendly and approachable and takes his time with you. was pleased with him and will have my family come to see him too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Runs a little behind at times, but i know some patients have more complex issues then others, which take a little longer to address. He always explains very well and doesnt rush

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2771628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I have been going to Dr Hoppe and Dr Tran for over 6 years and I can honestly say I love them both. They fit patients in for emergency visits and take the time to speak with me instead of rushing me out of the office I wouldnt go to any other drs office. The staff also seems very polite and willing to help the patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

staff was very patient and accommodating. I had an emergency and was seen after hours the same day. the doctor took time to explain things to me which I liked. I have now have made them my pcp.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Terrible staff who turn away sick patient because patient was late. Being new to NJ, patient got lost and reached 15 mins late for appointment. Several patients below have commented upon 30 min wait times but is there a refund or apology for the patient? Of course not. But if patient is little late, then in spite of sickness the staff turns them away. Taking business elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. James R. Hoppe's response
This particular patient was actually close to a 1/2 hour late but I was still willing to see her. Patient did not have her copay so we instructed her to go across street to ATM. This should have taken 5 minutes. Patient called back another 1/2 hour later telling us not to close the office (we were close to closing time) and that she was on her way back. I really do try to be accommodating but this was an extreme situation so we directed her to go to a walk-in/urgent care center at this point. Husband called back later demanding to talk to me, threatening that he would post a negative review online if I did not get on the phone with him. I do not respond well to threats and hence this review that popped up 24 hours later.

Submitted March 31, 2015

Excellent doctor. Runs a bit late sometimes, but I don't think I ever waited longer than half hour - that's good for dr. office. I'be been going to him for close to 5 years and will continue to do so until we move.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Dr. James R. Hoppe's response
Thank you for your kind words. I promise all of my patients that if I'm running late it is because I am taking the time needed for my patients, that same time that I will give you when it is your turn to be seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Dr. James R. Hoppe's response
A 1 star review with no explanation is a bit frustrating.

Submitted March 31, 2015

Very pleased with the doctor. This was my first visit to his South Plainfield office after searching for a Primary Care Physician for a while. Very accommodating office hours and does most tests/bloodwork sampling in house. Very convenient for a busy person with a full schedule. Liked the detail he put into establishing my baseline health condition during my visit. I will be keeping him as my PCP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr. James R. Hoppe's response
I appreciate your review and hope/assume that you are still a current patient almost 3 years later.