Ratings for Dr. James R. Hoppe

depending on which of the staff members you deal with will completley change your experience. Half are clueless and dont know what they are talking about. I can only trust one to take blood from me. Also the seats in the waiting room are pretty gross. The doctors are decent and dont make you feel rushed and dont talk down to you when you ask questions like ive experienced before in other offices.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr Hoppe was great. Im so greatful my friend referred me a few months back. He doesnt make you feel rushed and he really knows his stuff. My wife also loves the gynecologist in the office. My only recommendation is if you have your blood drawn in the offfice ask for the girl at the front desk shes the only one that knows what shes doing.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Hoppe is a decent doctor; I was neither satisfied nor dissatisfied with him for the 2 years that he was my and my husband's PCP. I was in the hospital last month with 103 degree fever and the ER doctor told me that I need to follow up with my PCP the next day. When I called Dr. Hoppe's office for an emergency appointment, his staff made sure to let me know that "Dr. Hoppe is not taking emergencies today." OH, okay! Well, next time I'll make sure they have time in their schedule before I decide to have an emergency.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Hoppe is a great doctor. I was very pleased after my first visit. However, I wish I could say the same about the staff. On my first visit, the receptionist made me pay the copay even though it was a preventative care visit and according to my insurance I did not need to pay. When I questioned her, she replied "you should have said something" in a very rude way. My next visit was just a nurse's appointment and when I got there I tried to approach the window to sign in but the receptionist was having a conversation with someone though the window, I am not sure if he was a patient as the conversation was not doctor related. The point is, I stood there for a couple of minutes waiting for their conversation to be over because I did not want to interrupt. The whole time I was there standing the receptionist was aware and not once did she stop to ask me what I needed. I then had to interrupt them as it was ridiculous I had to wait that long just to sign in. Awesome doctor but terrible staff.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Very pleasant atmosphere regarding the office itself. Dr Hoppe is very knowledgeable and courteous. I trust him whole heartily I not only take the rest of my family to see him, I have recommended him to quite a few of my friends and acquaintances.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Looking for a new doctor- some friends recommended Dr. Hoppe. I am glad that they did. He is friendly and approachable and takes his time with you. was pleased with him and will have my family come to see him too.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Runs a little behind at times, but i know some patients have more complex issues then others, which take a little longer to address. He always explains very well and doesnt rush

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I have been going to Dr Hoppe and Dr Tran for over 6 years and I can honestly say I love them both. They fit patients in for emergency visits and take the time to speak with me instead of rushing me out of the office I wouldnt go to any other drs office. The staff also seems very polite and willing to help the patients.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

staff was very patient and accommodating. I had an emergency and was seen after hours the same day. the doctor took time to explain things to me which I liked. I have now have made them my pcp.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Terrible staff who turn away sick patient because patient was late. Being new to NJ, patient got lost and reached 15 mins late for appointment. Several patients below have commented upon 30 min wait times but is there a refund or apology for the patient? Of course not. But if patient is little late, then in spite of sickness the staff turns them away. Taking business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Dr. James R. Hoppe

Dr. James R. Hoppe's response
This particular patient was actually close to a 1/2 hour late but I was still willing to see her. Patient did not have her copay so we instructed her to go across street to ATM. This should have taken 5 minutes. Patient called back another 1/2 hour later telling us not to close the office (we were close to closing time) and that she was on her way back. I really do try to be accommodating but this was an extreme situation so we directed her to go to a walk-in/urgent care center at this point. Husband called back later demanding to talk to me, threatening that he would post a negative review online if I did not get on the phone with him. I do not respond well to threats and hence this review that popped up 24 hours later.

Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. James R. Hoppe's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1998)