Ratings for Dr. Jasmine W. Moghissi

Dr. Moghissi is a breath of fresh air compared to all the other doctors and specialists I've seen, and there have been a lot (13, actually). She just "gets it," you know? She is a good listener, takes all the time necessary to discuss concerns and questions, efficient with testing and work-ups, understands how the whole body works together, has an up-to-date philosophy re: nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medicine...she fits exactly what I was looking for. If you are looking for a doc to just write you an Rx and send you on your way or a warm fuzzy doc who will sugarcoat and just tell you everything is fine even when you are having symptoms, Dr. Moghissi is not the right doctor for you. She's realistic and will do what it takes to get your health to where it should be. Hope everyone else has the same positive experience I have had!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Moghissi for about 5 years. She always takes time with her patients. I have been to other doctors where I spent all of 5 minutes talking to a Dr. When I go here, she spends 45 minutes going over results and talking to me about my conditions. I have never had to wait very long. Her front desk staff was a little brusque, but they have changed and the new people are really great. Her nurses and other practitioners are great. I don't understand the bad reviews.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I am so shocked to hear/read these reviews. I have been going to see Dr Moghissi for years and find her incredibly nice and thorough, she doesn't rush you at all which is so rare nowadays. I have had one appointment with a RN and she was equaly good. This office is nice, the front desk is nice, the gentleman who usually draw blood is nice I really don't understand the bad reviews. Marie S

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Moghissi used to be wonderful. USED to be. Now, you rarely get to see her, likely because she only works a few days of the week. You're stuck seeing one of her Nurse Practitioners. Why have a PCP if you're always handed off to someone else? If you're sick, don't expect a same-day visit. If you call, don't expect an answer the first time you call. It'll go straight to their voicemail, regardless of the time of day. I don't know how she stays in the medical business operating like this. Very sad, as she used to be a great Doctor. I get the feeling that she's more focused on the aesthetic part of her practice, and is gradually steering away from the medical part. I wouldn't recommend her as your family physician unless you want some botox or some lip filler.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

This is the absolute last time I'm giving this doctor a chance. Not only is she rude and disrespectful to her patients, but never on time and not knowledgeable. She also pushes her profit-making products (botox, latisse, and her own brand) more than helping you with what you actually need. She has made rude comments about the ethnicity of people that live in the area (Indian students) who happen to be a large population of her paying patients. Her staff is unprofessional, talking in front of patients about private staff and patient gossip. Most recently, she showed up with her daughter to the office at the exact time my appointment was supposed to begin. I waited in her office for 45 minutes with no sign of her, except her chipper but ignorant "shadower" who wasted my time, had no useful information for me regarding my blood results, and still charged $35 to come there. I ended up walking out. They are clearly all about money and not the patient.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I have been very happy with access to care and her PA Hahn. I like the small office atmosphere. You see the same people when they screen you in and they remember you. She isn't a bubbly personality, but she's always been personable and professional.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

This Dr. is the most uncaring/unattentive Dr. you could ever go to and her bedside manners are awful. She acted as though my issues were not important and not to worry about it, etc. I couldn't believe it when she brought up her cosmetic product during my annual physical. She was talkin gbaout how she injects her lips with "filler" (or Botox) to enhance them! ugh... Tacky! Oh I could go on and on... I had some blood work done and her office never called me back with the results!! (almsot 3 weeks later) Finally I called up to get the results and the receptionsit had to go searching for them after she informed me that they don't have them! After looking around the office for them, she found than and than told me that I need to come in for an appt. to get my results! WTH? Take time off work and pay another $30 copay to get my results!? I don't have the time and $ for that, I'm a single mom of 3 young kids! The receptionist couldn't be an ruder too! A total thumbs down on this practice!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Worse Doctors Office Ever Attended. Integrity, Work Ethics, and professionalism are lacking or just not there.The staff is extremely rude. They have a 24hr cancellation policy which sounds reasonable but they don't have any procedures to protect the patient and are interested in making a quick buck. I requested to cancel an appointment a week in advance but the secretary on duty that day failed to cancel it. I was told rudely that I would be charged $100 for the appointment because I only had "REQUSTED a cancellation".I spoke to the other secretary and asked what was I suppose to do besides "request a cancellation and she didn't have an answer. I then spoke to the doctor herself to inform her of her staff behavior and her reaction was short of professional. She yelled in the hallway about how she is not Rich and "up to her eye balls in debt" and she had to take a 2nd loan for the practice, etc. She wasn't even trying to resolve the issue.A negative representation of the medical field.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Moghissi has been my doctor for almost 20 years, and I would never think of going to another doctor. She and her staff are friendly and helpful, and she has really changed my life with her personal concern and wonderful medical knowledge. She is warm, she listens to me, and she always makes sure that I understand my medical problems and her treatment of them. I'm very grateful for all the help she has given me over the years and I recommend her to my family and friends all the time.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

In my experience this doctor is not engaged, not knowledgable, not present and not recommended. Overly concerned with money and limits care according to fees. Not what a doctor is supposed to be. Represents the worst of what our medical care system has become.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr. Jasmine W. Moghissi's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)