Ratings for Dr. Wendy Tin

Had to go in to the ER on new year's eve for a umbilical hernia. Instead of being helpful, Dr. Tin spent more time finding excuses to not do the surgery. After being in the hospital for 2 days, she sent me home and said to just keep an eye on it. When the hernia got to the point of severe pain, infection and also an abcess that developed and I was rushed into the hospital again, finally something was done. Needless to say I made sure that she wasn't the one doing the surgery because in my opinion, if a surgeon is willing to make me suffer for months, then I don't want her anywhere near me with a scalpel because she obviously doesn't care!!!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

This wackadoo Doctor could drive someone to commit suicide. My mom went to see her for an issue that absolutely does not pertain to weight. Dr Tin basically advised her that she is overweight and once she loses the weight, her problem will go away. She has a BMI of 22.9 which indicates a normal weight. Not to mention my mom tried asking her questions during her appointment and the doctor cut her off asking her if she was listening to what she was saying. Like get off your high horse and listen to your patients concerns with a little bit of compassion. Doctors are supposed to put your mind at ease and not act like a judge from America’s Next Top Model. My mom’s self esteem took a hit and she left upset with unanswered questions. Maybe start hearing your patients out, Dr Tin and simply offer advice instead of calling them fat.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

went to see DR TIN for an ingrown toe nail .got in to the office and filled out my chart .then I waited over an hr to get in to see her when she did come in I found her rude and would not hear anything I was saying .she told me I was to old and to fat for her to do any thing ,I am 69 and I am some what over weight .she said if she took care of my toe nail it would get infected and she would then have to amputate my toe and then id have to have my leg amputated ,she said if I ate less and walked 150 min a week my toe would get better. Are you kidding me its an ingrown toe nail . It is very obvious she dose not respect older some what over weight people .I guess I can count my blessings that she wouldn't do it for me .now I know why I was able to get in and see her faster then any other surgon .would not give her a passing grade for sure

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

The good is that Dr. Tin is punctual in her office but she is difficult to speak with. I found that she often does not understand what you try to explain and her responses are often difficult to understand. I had both a gastroscopy and colonoscopy both which I have had before but the first time with her. Although I have had to have colonoscopies on a regular basis since the late 90s I have never had as much discomfort. As well the gastroscopy was much worse than the last time. Typically I start getting the meds (relaxing/pain ???) as soon as I get into the procedure room. With Dr Tin it was administered maybe a minute before starting the procedures which didn't give it time to take effect thus it had little benefit and she had little consideration - she was there to do the procedure and it seemed she could care less about my comfort level - no compassion shown. Once I get my results it will be the last time I ever see this Dr (if I have any say).

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr. Tin is a very nice person and in my experience is far nicer than the average surgeon. Her office runs on time and she is kind and willing to answer any questions you may have. I don't understand some of the negative comments as my experience has been far better.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Will comply with requirement of visiting you once a day while in hospital but it will literally be for a few second and will get testy if you have questions. She does not fully explain the situation and will take inaccurate and incomplete answers just to fill in the blanks on her end of the paperwork. It's just the caliber you get in a small city like Regina - if it is a simple procedure then she might be passable but otherwise try to transfer away from her immediately to save an unwanted headache.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

My surgery was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances in the O. R room , I was back in, in four days ,I waited less than three weeks after initial office visit. She gets things done. How don't get all the negative comments.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Beware, we were out of country, and she would not give me the results of my tests over the phone, even though we would not be home for a few months. Wayne

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Secretary is awesome!! super helpful and knowledgeable. Doctor was running a bit behind but Im happy to wait the extra few mins as I know I will in turn not be rushed out and leave having all my questions answered. Great place.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Busy... but for a very good reason. Great Doctor. Gets straight to the point. Diagnosis and treatment is spot on. Don't really understand the negative comments... I will say this- if you're a whiner she's not for you

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017