Ratings for Dr. Wendy Tin

The good is that Dr. Tin is punctual in her office but she is difficult to speak with. I found that she often does not understand what you try to explain and her responses are often difficult to understand. I had both a gastroscopy and colonoscopy both which I have had before but the first time with her. Although I have had to have colonoscopies on a regular basis since the late 90s I have never had as much discomfort. As well the gastroscopy was much worse than the last time. Typically I start getting the meds (relaxing/pain ???) as soon as I get into the procedure room. With Dr Tin it was administered maybe a minute before starting the procedures which didn't give it time to take effect thus it had little benefit and she had little consideration - she was there to do the procedure and it seemed she could care less about my comfort level - no compassion shown. Once I get my results it will be the last time I ever see this Dr (if I have any say).

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr. Tin is a very nice person and in my experience is far nicer than the average surgeon. Her office runs on time and she is kind and willing to answer any questions you may have. I don't understand some of the negative comments as my experience has been far better.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Will comply with requirement of visiting you once a day while in hospital but it will literally be for a few second and will get testy if you have questions. She does not fully explain the situation and will take inaccurate and incomplete answers just to fill in the blanks on her end of the paperwork. It's just the caliber you get in a small city like Regina - if it is a simple procedure then she might be passable but otherwise try to transfer away from her immediately to save an unwanted headache.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

My surgery was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances in the O. R room , I was back in, in four days ,I waited less than three weeks after initial office visit. She gets things done. How don't get all the negative comments.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Beware, we were out of country, and she would not give me the results of my tests over the phone, even though we would not be home for a few months. Wayne

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Secretary is awesome!! super helpful and knowledgeable. Doctor was running a bit behind but Im happy to wait the extra few mins as I know I will in turn not be rushed out and leave having all my questions answered. Great place.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Busy... but for a very good reason. Great Doctor. Gets straight to the point. Diagnosis and treatment is spot on. Don't really understand the negative comments... I will say this- if you're a whiner she's not for you

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

My mother had gall bladder stone and we went to see Dr. Tin, twice . This doctor was downright rude and dismissive. Then I got a friend referred to Dr. Tin, and I went to the appointment to translate for my friend, Dr. Tin behaved the same. So I asked our GP for new referral to other doctor for my mother. I would never trust this doctor with anybody's life.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Rushed,off handed comments,dismissive. Busy I understand but courteousness would be nice.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I have seen Dr Tin Several times and had one major operation and one miner. Dr Tin took the time to talk with and explain things followed up and stayed on top of my healing. If I had problem she got me in right away and checked things out. Called me a night to make sure I was doing well. She is very kind and polite, A true and supporting doctor that cares and nice to talk to. Wish there where more Doctors like her.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016