Ratings for Dr. Robert Rosenthal

Useless Doctor. I asked him to administer an androgen injection since his office is conveniently located close by but when he heard of the controlled substance it made him uneasy and he refused to do it. Even though I had a prescription for the schedule 3 drug it somehow got him worried and I had to go elsewhere. It seems like he only wants to provide simple, everyday services that suit his narrow comfort zone.

Submitted October 23, 2017

Great doctor, really good at troubleshooting and always knows what to say. He knows a lot of people and was great at referring me to a specialist.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Rosenthal has been my doctor for about 10 years. He's very good, once you get to know him. All you need to do is ask the right questions and ask for the help(to see a specialist) if you feel you need more help. He's a good guy and always takes the time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Very rude and rushed service, didnt ask enough questions and prescribed me medicine that didnt even help. Had to go to another doctor to get a different medication. wouldnt recommend

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

This doctor is extremely rude. I agree with the last post that he was condescending. His secretary however is very nice, patient and helpful. Unfortunately my first visit will be my last visit unless i'm desperate. He asked quite forcefully with a rude tone to "get back dont come close" twice to my seat when I was trying to open a health related piece of paper to give to him. It was the strangest thing that he thought I was too close to him when I was merely a foot away during my appointment with him. That was the first thing that happened. Then after he explained something to me, I wanted to inform him of why I needed what I came for, and he got mad that i talked... he said "WAIT let me finish!" and in the rudest tone...again. what is with that tone and why is it necessary. I had come in for two things and the second thing he did not want to address and said that "i was booked for the first item only and that he was behind schedule so i should just inquire with my own family doctor about that"... even though the first thing took a mere few minutes... I get that patients have a short window per appointment but my first thing literally took maybe 3 minutes...so it was extremely condescending for him to speak to me this way as if i was trying to ask him a million things and take advantage of his time. He also could have politely asked me to book another appointment with him. his tone is extremely rude and this must change. He must have sensed that I was upset because afterwards he assessed on a surface level my second item. I am just confused why a doctor needs to be that rude. People come in to see doctors because they need help immediately, and may be concerned about their health and doctors should be sensitive to that... and even if they cant be super sensitive.. they should at least treat patients with a bit more respect than this.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Poor bedside manner, very condescending and not friendly at all. Won't go back.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I went to Dr. Rosenthall a number of years ago because he was close to my location. The first few times I went to him he was fine. He was friendly, punctual and listened to my symptoms. The last time I went to him I thought I had food poisoning & I was in agony. I wasn't a doctor's opinion that is wasn't anything more serious. I asked him to help me figure out what I could do or take to help with the pain. He basically scolded me & said I shouldn't have come in because it was "self-limiting." I didn't know what that meant. He said it meant I would just get better in time once it passed through my system. He didn't give my any tips or help. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. That was the last time I went to see him. It was his attitude that totally turned me off. He wasn't even sympathetic to my pain. If I were a doctor & a patient came to me in pain, even if there was nothing I could prescribe I would still listen & give them tips to help alleviate the pain. Isn't that one of the reasons people become doctors? To help people? Anyway despite his attitude I have to admit he is punctual.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Excellent : Appointments are on time Takes his time to explain Doesn't dismiss my concerns

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

My wife and I have been seeing Dr Rosenthal for over 18 years and can honestly say that he is the best. We've never had any wait time for our scheduled appointment and on the rare occasion that we do a same day walk-in we always give his receptionist a quick call to confirm availability which eliminates any wait. He is very knowledgeable and open and he has a witty sense of humour. He arranges his referrals promptly with competent experts. At 50 years old (and a visible minority 👴🏾) I've never felt more confident in my family doctor and feel comfortable enough to call him a good friend. 👏🏽💊💉 Thank you Dr Bobby

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I have seen Dr Rosenthal for many years. His diagnoses have always been spot-on. I have little to no wait for an appointment. He listens to me when I ask for optional tests and explains which are worth the effort and which are not. He's referred me to absolutely top-notch specialists in North York. His sense of humour (witty one-liners) are a bit quirky and I could see being mistaken for impersonal bedside manner...but I like his style and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016