Ratings for Dr. David Martin

I have had a number of orthopaedic issues which Dr Martin has treated. His knowledge is outstanding and he tells it like it is. Don't expect small talk, but if you have questions he answers all of them. He is most caring in an unobtrusive way and is a brilliant technician. His good reputation in the city precedes him

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He is a butcher who has crippled my Mother. He insisted on replacing both her knees at the same time and then refused to see her for follow ups.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I recently underwent constructive foot surgery. The procedure was explained by Dr. Martin and it went completely as planned. Dr. Martin is quiet by nature but answered any/all of my questions. I highly recommend Dr, David Martin!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I found Dr. Martin extremely capable and exacting. He did a major bunionectomy/Chevron osteotomy and I no longer have major pain and very little scarring. He is caring and precise. You are fortunate if he operates in you. If you are looking for healing - Dr. Martin is #1!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Not good with small talk. Says as it is no bull, great surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I had a partial knee replacement in 2015 and it seemed to be ok. End of Dec 2016 I noticed that my leg felt tired when I walked and when at work, I was standing and leaning to my left side. It was at that time I noticed I could not stand straight as my knee had to be bent. I saw Dr. Martin who said my x-rays looked fine, and my question about not being able to straighten my knee when standing - I was told its the best it will be unless I want a full knee replacement. I have noticed that since I don't walk properly as I can't extend my leg to walk as one should, I limp, and have had nothing but issues with swelling in my left leg, particularly my foot (not sure this is associated with my knee, but too coincidental as it all started 8 months following surgery). As for his receptionist- I rather talk to the wall. Rude and arrogant. One of my appointments, Dr. Martin got called into emergency surgery ; however, lets not call to reschedule the appointment but have the person show up and then tell them. I was early for my appointment and she was already locking up the office. Thinking of asking for a second opinion and am in search of a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr Martin is an excellent surgeon. His receptionist needs help with hospitality. She is the face of his office and is rude. Sorry he feels she it all he can do

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

20 + years ago I was involved in a car crash which damaged my knee. In 1995 a professor surgeon from a university in Ontario replaced my knee. Within one year it had to be replaced again. This time his supervisor, also a professor surgeon. The second knee on the same leg became infected shortly after the surgery and after much pain and suffering and receiving nerve blocks for pain, I was referred to dr. Martin by the anesthesiologist who administered the nerve blocks. Dr. Martin removed the infected knee and left it out until the infected area had healed and then installed a new knee which lasted 19 years and I had it adjusted in 2011 and it is still perfect. Dr. Martin did a awesome job with my surgeries and we have recommended him to many others who have also had greatly benefited from his skills in this field. I will mark him at a "10+"

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

We had a bad experience with Dr. Martin. We were told to meet him at a physiotherapist office (Linda Martin). We had to pay $20 office admin fee to meet the doctor there (even though health care if free in Canada). That was a bit odd - but we were fine with it. He gave a completely different diagnosis than every other professional we had seen before. Again, we were open to it but when we questioned it a bit he said he had 30 years of experience and basically we shouldn't question it. He told my daughter (who is only 17 years old) that she may never run again even though there is no evidence of a problem in an mri or ultrasound. We were only there because her sports doctor recommended she try getting a cortisone shot. She was crying (understandably) and he asked why we looked so disappointed. He did say there was one option to make her better - if he went to the Linda Martin physiotherapists at least 12 times, she had a small chance to get better. We told him we were already seeing physiotherapists and chiropractors and he emphasized again that her only chance was to use Linda Martin. It didn't seem right to us that only one physiotherapist could help in all of St. Catharines. Later I found out that Linda is his sister! We have only heard negative stories about him since we went and asked around.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had Dr Martin straighten out 4 hammer toes due to rheumatoid arthritis in November 2015 I have a very satisfactory result and can wear shoes again ,without pain , and they look so much better . He may be to the point and very direct , but knows what he is talking about . His secretary Patricia is all business and can be abrupt at times, but she knows exactly what she is doing and what she needs . My experience was a 10 +

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016