You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Martin

I had Dr Martin straighten out 4 hammer toes due to rheumatoid arthritis in November 2015 I have a very satisfactory result and can wear shoes again ,without pain , and they look so much better . He may be to the point and very direct , but knows what he is talking about . His secretary Patricia is all business and can be abrupt at times, but she knows exactly what she is doing and what she needs . My experience was a 10 +

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

For starters, the parking at this place makes no sense. Only one doctor has the 'rights' to the parking lot. He is a orthodontist, so most of his patients would be no Older than 18. So the fact that a doctor that has patients that need joint replacements and are mostly over the age of 40 have to park on a side street and walk a block, makes NO sense! Already having that sour taste in our mouths we walk into the office and his receptionist was beyond rude ! We were not told that we had to bring the X-Rays by anyone (his office, the office that reffered us or the place we had the x-Rays done). His receptionist treated us like we were stupid for not having the x-rays. He told us to come back later that day with the x-rays to get them checked but when we got up to the receptionist desk (after rudely been told to 'sit down and wait') She gave us another appointment time for a different day, so a day off work wasted. The doctor himself was quite short and wouldn't let us finish answers to the questions he was asking. I get having a doctor with a bad bedside manner as long as he's good at what he does but his receptionist should make up for his coldness, which she did not! All together a terrible experience!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

if you see Dr.Martin in Emergency, go to another hospital. I took my husband in on April 19th 2016, he was in excruciating pain from injuring his knee. We waited two hours for him in the exam room, could see him across the way chatting with the resident doctor and the nurses. for long stretches at a time. The resident young lady Doctor saw my husband first and was pleasant. An X-ray was ordered for my husbands knee, after the X-ray Dr.Martin finally graced us with his presence! He told us there were no breaks in the knee, and to go home and put ice on it, follow up with his doctor in a couple of weeks. I stressed to Dr.Martin that my husband has a high tolerance for pain and he cannot even walk, and that he must be in a huge amount of pain. My husband asked how long to get a MRI and he said it would be 8-10 weeks at least and would not do any good anyways. We suspected he had a torn ligament, and this does not show up on X-RAYS. This doctor did not even prescribe a painkiller. We had to go up and ask later. This doctors opinion did not sit well with me, and we got him in to his family doctor the next day, an ultrasound was ordered, he has a referral for the top orthopaedic surgeon in Toronto. The ultrasound showed that he had a huge bakers cyst behind his knee that had ruptured and his Lateral Ligament on the outside of the knee is shredded, severed! All Dr. Martin had to do was order an ultrasound! I am so happy we did not listen to him. Booking an MRI in Buffalo and will get in in two days! The bakers cyst can be dangerous due to the blood clotting. I have no respect for this doctor who was so careless with my husband!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

His receptionist needs to take a course in hospitality, a smile wouldn't hurt. Upon entering his office her space is surround by a high wall, so unless you can hear her you are not aware anyone is there to greet you. She has been with him since I first meet Dr. Marting 4yrs ago and nothing has changed regarding her attitude toward his patience.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I had a part knee put in by Dr Marten. The part came lose and let go within the firt 6 weeks i went back to see him anumber of times finialy he order another xray he look at it and said it looks good to me but the part might have moved. So went to his office he said i am going to assume the part moved and i am going to a tnr he said the partjust lifted out total lose it is 6months later i still have a lot of pain I would Not recomend him for any kind of sergury now i need to find an another surgeon to see if they can fix his mess

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

This Dr said continue acupuncture for 6 more weeks and sent me back to the 'lions den' (repetitive work that hurt me in the first place) It's been three years... And numerous therapies... ie.. Lazer, orthpedic massage, shock wave. Six weeks has turned into Six YEARS.... All for golfers elbow... What the?????????? I retired before I wanted to. THANKS for your help????????????????????????

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I have a fractured hip, loose bodies and a labrum tear. Stated I need a replacement (which I was expecting) but ! It's been a year since he has told Me that. Sent me for an arthrogram and have to wait a month for results. Was in hospital due to the amount of pain and being advised to contact him right away. When calling the office his secretary is by far one of the most rudest people I have ever met ! She treats you like you are not worthy of her time or dr Martins. Absolutely DISGUSTED !!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

had knee replacement 3 yrs ago I was not given proper after care. The knee has for the last year has been painful at times I have to go back to using a cane. It has never felt right, yet my friends who have had it done are happy they are back to gulfing, walking etc. One last point I woke up during surgery to hear them hammering on my leg, thank goodness they notice and put right back out.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

WoSt place I've ever been. Can't book appointment cause they take phone off the hook when not there. Finally I get them on phone and I'm told to call back in 5 days to book appointment.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. David Martin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr Martin straighten out 4 hammer toes due to rheumatoid arthritis in November 2015 I have a very satisfactory result and can wear shoes again ,without ..."

May 27, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "For starters, the parking at this place makes no sense. Only one doctor has the 'rights' to the parking lot. He is a orthodontist, so most of his patients wou..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "if you see Dr.Martin in Emergency, go to another hospital. I took my husband in on April 19th 2016, he was in excruciating pain from injuring his knee. We wa..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "His receptionist needs to take a course in hospitality, a smile wouldn't hurt. Upon entering his office her space is surround by a high wall, so unless you can ..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had to have my knee redone to the sloppy procedure by another surgeon. Dr. Martin had to do a lot of repair - did an awesome job. "

February 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a part knee put in by Dr Marten. The part came lose and let go within the firt 6 weeks i went back to see him anumber of times finialy he order another xr..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "This Dr said continue acupuncture for 6 more weeks and sent me back to the 'lions den' (repetitive work that hurt me in the first place) It's been three years....."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have a fractured hip, loose bodies and a labrum tear. Stated I need a replacement (which I was expecting) but ! It's been a year since he has told Me that. S..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "had knee replacement 3 yrs ago I was not given proper after care. The knee has for the last year has been painful at times I have to go back to using a cane. I..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WoSt place I've ever been. Can't book appointment cause they take phone off the hook when not there. Finally I get them on phone and I'm told to call back in 5 ..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin is wonderful. He is amazing at what he does. He was the only doctor that would help me by giving me a new hip at age 31. He doesn't have much of a..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin did surgery on my right shoulder for a rotator tear in March of 2014...I went to see my family Dr. in June or July of 2014 to tell him about the pain..."

June 19, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L2M0" to "L2R 5J7". Address has been updated from "None" to "93 Ontario Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19059843433".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a displaced fracture of my calcaneous April 2011. Did not know if I would ever walk properly, climb a ladder or do my job (building renovations) ever agai..."

September 14, 2014
  • combined ratings from Internist listing (DID: 956046)

June 24, 2012