Ratings for Dr. David Martin

Excellent Doctor, glad I found him. Have bursitis and pain for more than six months until he started treating me. Cortisone injections help with the pain, and in the process to help me to manage this problem in a very smart way. Thank you Dr Martin

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Stay away from this doctor! Very disrespectful and rude, especially with immigrants... not only, after seeing my injury carelessly, he misdiagnosed my injury and causing more suffering... very unprofessional doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr.Martin did a L Knee replacement on me in 2006. I had 'wobbly problems with it from the start, sometimes the knee would just 'let go' February, 2015 I turned around from my computer desk, heard a little 'crack' sound and thought no more about it. My mobility has been affected even after the 2006 Op. I experienced pain the first day and on the second morning? I couldn't touch my L leg. It was grossly swollen. We called an ambulance and I was taken to yarmouth Hospital, NS. They medicated me there with pain killers and rushed me to Halifax QEII NS, 300kms away, an excruciating experience. The operated and found that the 'knee' had failed and I had a serious Staphacoculus infection. They sent to Doc.Martin in ON. for replacement parts and operated again. I was drugged to the high heavens as the pain was monstrous. The hospital staff called my wife to 'come to my side' immediately (2.00AM and two days later at 5.00AM) as they 'assumed' I wasn't going to be able to fight the infection. My wife stayed by my side for 14 days and nights, (spent on a chair) I was fitted with a 'stint' and hooked up to an 'Antibiotic Pump' for three months. When I went back to the hospital? the infection hadn't cleared enough and they decided to replace my knee with concrete chips impregnated with Antibiotics, strapped me into a full leg brace and sent me home again. Another stint was inserted and another three months of Antibiotics began. My weight and health deteriorated drastically as I went from 230Lbs to 160Lbs of bubbling, mentally ill slob. I coulodn't eat as the inner walls of my mouth were coming off in strips and stung excruciatingly even from plain water. I went back again after three months and the infection was still there, I had another full knee replacement installed along with two long 8"-12" steel pins drilled into my Femur and Tibia. Another stint was inserted into my heart (that's THREE now) and I was sent home to 'enjoy myself.' I was still only eating Cream of Wheat/Porridge/Mushroom soups and drinking bottles of BOOST and ENSURE to keep me alive, did anyone care?? NO! No follow-up phone calls, just the standard "See you in three months!" I have great difficulty (pain) walking on my leg with the pins in it, I tire out so easily and can't go round the shops with my wife, I'm a 'ghost' to my grandchildren. I can't interact with them in case of an accident. 2015 was a year I prayed for death many times as my experiences were scandalous! 2016 was spent trying to eat solid foods and suffering the painful repercussions, I can't have salt or spices on anything. I break down crying when I'm trying to talk to folks, I have been so dperessed and considered suicide many times, but God Bless my wife who has sat with me in my 'darkness' and nursed me through the most deplorable health issues and recovery pains. I developed a double groin hernia, which was operated on, but sadly, the mesh failed and I require the Op' done again, but my health and body have deteriorated so badly that the pre-Op surgeon advised me against any more operations as I most likely wouldn't survive one. I'm now burdened with the constant task of 'pushing my innards' which have 'popped out'? back in.! And all because of a stupid knee replacement. If you can still walk? I'd advise against letting anybody replace the parts God gave you, with crap, junk replacements. Scott Reid, Nova Scotia.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

waited forever to see him... he left to go to the bank while I was sitting and waiting.. dictates out loud into recorder on the other side of partition where everyone waiting can listen .. unimpressive

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I have had a number of orthopaedic issues which Dr Martin has treated. His knowledge is outstanding and he tells it like it is. Don't expect small talk, but if you have questions he answers all of them. He is most caring in an unobtrusive way and is a brilliant technician. His good reputation in the city precedes him

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He is a butcher who has crippled my Mother. He insisted on replacing both her knees at the same time and then refused to see her for follow ups.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I recently underwent constructive foot surgery. The procedure was explained by Dr. Martin and it went completely as planned. Dr. Martin is quiet by nature but answered any/all of my questions. I highly recommend Dr, David Martin!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I found Dr. Martin extremely capable and exacting. He did a major bunionectomy/Chevron osteotomy and I no longer have major pain and very little scarring. He is caring and precise. You are fortunate if he operates in you. If you are looking for healing - Dr. Martin is #1!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Not good with small talk. Says as it is no bull, great surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I had a partial knee replacement in 2015 and it seemed to be ok. End of Dec 2016 I noticed that my leg felt tired when I walked and when at work, I was standing and leaning to my left side. It was at that time I noticed I could not stand straight as my knee had to be bent. I saw Dr. Martin who said my x-rays looked fine, and my question about not being able to straighten my knee when standing - I was told its the best it will be unless I want a full knee replacement. I have noticed that since I don't walk properly as I can't extend my leg to walk as one should, I limp, and have had nothing but issues with swelling in my left leg, particularly my foot (not sure this is associated with my knee, but too coincidental as it all started 8 months following surgery). As for his receptionist- I rather talk to the wall. Rude and arrogant. One of my appointments, Dr. Martin got called into emergency surgery ; however, lets not call to reschedule the appointment but have the person show up and then tell them. I was early for my appointment and she was already locking up the office. Thinking of asking for a second opinion and am in search of a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017