You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Martin

I had a part knee put in by Dr Marten. The part came lose and let go within the firt 6 weeks i went back to see him anumber of times finialy he order another xray he look at it and said it looks good to me but the part might have moved. So went to his office he said i am going to assume the part moved and i am going to a tnr he said the partjust lifted out total lose it is 6months later i still have a lot of pain I would Not recomend him for any kind of sergury now i need to find an another surgeon to see if they can fix his mess

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

This Dr said continue acupuncture for 6 more weeks and sent me back to the 'lions den' (repetitive work that hurt me in the first place) It's been three years... And numerous therapies... ie.. Lazer, orthpedic massage, shock wave. Six weeks has turned into Six YEARS.... All for golfers elbow... What the?????????? I retired before I wanted to. THANKS for your help????????????????????????

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I have a fractured hip, loose bodies and a labrum tear. Stated I need a replacement (which I was expecting) but ! It's been a year since he has told Me that. Sent me for an arthrogram and have to wait a month for results. Was in hospital due to the amount of pain and being advised to contact him right away. When calling the office his secretary is by far one of the most rudest people I have ever met ! She treats you like you are not worthy of her time or dr Martins. Absolutely DISGUSTED !!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

had knee replacement 3 yrs ago I was not given proper after care. The knee has for the last year has been painful at times I have to go back to using a cane. It has never felt right, yet my friends who have had it done are happy they are back to gulfing, walking etc. One last point I woke up during surgery to hear them hammering on my leg, thank goodness they notice and put right back out.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

WoSt place I've ever been. Can't book appointment cause they take phone off the hook when not there. Finally I get them on phone and I'm told to call back in 5 days to book appointment.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. Martin is wonderful. He is amazing at what he does. He was the only doctor that would help me by giving me a new hip at age 31. He doesn't have much of a bedside manner BUT I will take a kind and knowledgeable doctor over one that will baby you any day of the week. He's great and I wouldn't change a thing! It's been 4 years since my new hip and it's still pain free and wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Martin did surgery on my right shoulder for a rotator tear in March of 2014...I went to see my family Dr. in June or July of 2014 to tell him about the pain I was still having in my shoulder...he made an appointment for me to see Dr. Martin...I saw Dr. Martin in November of 2014...I told him about the pain that I was still having...he said to me, " if you are not happy with my work, go see another dr....his next comment was I don't know where your pain is coming from, you shouldn't be having pain...then his last comment he made was, " are you on pain relievers, " I told him no, then he said, go see your dr. and then he walked out of the room with the two interns that he had with him that day...he didn't even want to investigate as to what was going on...am I seeing another surgeon...absolutely....one who is @ least checking into what is going on....would I recommend Dr. Martin...absolutely NOT...my husband also said that Dr. Martin will do surgery...and no more....pretty Dr. Martin his hands of me when he left the room....

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Had a displaced fracture of my calcaneous April 2011. Did not know if I would ever walk properly, climb a ladder or do my job (building renovations) ever again. It was a serious brake requiring pins and a titanium plate which are permanent. I have minimal nerve damage, some pain which is lessening gradually with each month that goes by. I take mabe an ibufrofin once every month or two if I really overdo things. I have no arthritis. Range of motion is now near 100 per cent. The operation was three and one half years ago. I am 61 years old and work long hard hours on my feet in constuction every day . Last year I treked in the Andes and the rainforests of Ecuador. Next year I plan to climb Mt Kilimanjaro - Africa's tallest mountain. That is the goal I set while laying on the hospital bed with the fracture. I will take a picture there and send it to Dr Martin. I owe a debt of gratitude to God and to Dr. Martin with his amazing skill.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I had knee surgery with Dr. Martin in January of 2013. He pinned a large piece of cartilage back on to the end of my femur. I was only 21 at the time and if he wasn't able to do it he said I would have needed a half knee replacement. Luckily he was able to put it back on BUT after the surgery he gave me no information. I was told it worked but he never indicated I needed physiotherapy or to do any exercises. I didn't even know if I should take my splint off to do any. It's a year and a half later and I still feel pain in my knee.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

A great surgeon; however he had a massive temper tantrum just before I was head in the OR for my hip replacement and muscle reconstruction. His staff loaded me up with morphine before my surgery, then they cut me off when I'm in real pain after the surgery. Talk about backwards.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. David Martin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a part knee put in by Dr Marten. The part came lose and let go within the firt 6 weeks i went back to see him anumber of times finialy he order another xr..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "This Dr said continue acupuncture for 6 more weeks and sent me back to the 'lions den' (repetitive work that hurt me in the first place) It's been three years....."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have a fractured hip, loose bodies and a labrum tear. Stated I need a replacement (which I was expecting) but ! It's been a year since he has told Me that. S..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "had knee replacement 3 yrs ago I was not given proper after care. The knee has for the last year has been painful at times I have to go back to using a cane. I..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WoSt place I've ever been. Can't book appointment cause they take phone off the hook when not there. Finally I get them on phone and I'm told to call back in 5 ..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin is wonderful. He is amazing at what he does. He was the only doctor that would help me by giving me a new hip at age 31. He doesn't have much of a..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin did surgery on my right shoulder for a rotator tear in March of 2014...I went to see my family Dr. in June or July of 2014 to tell him about the pain..."

June 19, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L2M0" to "L2R 5J7". Address has been updated from "None" to "93 Ontario Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19059843433".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a displaced fracture of my calcaneous April 2011. Did not know if I would ever walk properly, climb a ladder or do my job (building renovations) ever agai..."

September 14, 2014
  • combined ratings from Internist listing (DID: 956046)

June 24, 2012