Ratings for Dr. Murray Overington

He is a GREAT doctor, the only reason he would every seemed rush (comments below)is because he is trying to help out other patients, you should all appreciate the amount of time, effort, and care doctors put into becoming what they are today and how they are helping. If people say "look this up" I think its a great idea, it's kind of stupid how some morons just expect to walk in and walk out, you should ALWAYS research your meeds and your diagnosis. If you feel otherwise then you should have nothing to say! He is a fantastic doctor and provides the diagnosis and think about it, he has tons of patients per day to fit in, if he had to sit there for an hour answering your curiosities while you could just google them, only few people would be seen then that means tons of other sick people in need of care would not be seen. Its a practical method. And if hes LATE, its probably because he was EXPLAINING the diagnosis to you morons who can't look them up! He is a fantastic doctor !

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

He has apparently been my husband's family doctor for a very long time, and I have had him for less then a year and he is just despicable as a doctor. Constantly asks me what else is relevant to the issue I brought to his attention. He wants me to totally research causes and other symptoms on the internet before going to him. I thought he was the doctor and I was the patient? Internet isn't a reliable source, yet he wants his patients to rely on it for answers. What a croc!! He doesn't care about anyone as a patient or their feelings or needs. He is rude and talks down to me every time I go as if I am just wasting his time and making up stuff.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

My husband and I have been under the care of Dr Murray Overington for several years. He is a professional, no-nonsense health care provider who listens to our issues and formulates a plan, providing options when there is more than one possible route to take. If he doesn't have answers, he admits it and doesn't hesitate to refer our care to specialists if it is warranted. When I had a medical issue that he knew was causing me considerable concern, I was very surprised and relieved to receive follow-up phonecalls from him, in the evening, so that he could explain results and discuss them with me. During his extended absence he made certain his patients had access to other healthcare professionals who maintained his high standard. I've seen his NP, Jody, on a couple of occasions and she is exceptional. We trust both of these providers completely, and feel extremely fortunate to be in their care!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Pretty much of the opinion that he just doesn't care.Rude,abrupt,late.The whole set-up is purely a money-making enterprise,shuffling patients in and out. One compaint only.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

I often must bring my 82 year old father in for routine appointments. I find Dr. Overington rude, impatient and abrupt with my father. He also talks down to him, and acts as if Dad is stupid and is just wasting his time - and this is all happening with me, a family member, there in the room with him! He is very arrogant, however I must say in all honesty, Dr. Overington appears to be very competent and knowledgeable. It's just his bedside manner that is really poor. I really don't think that Dr. Overington's patients are anything but a paycheck to him.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr Overington has been my family doctor for the last 12 years and always had good experiences with him. Found him to be thorough and have never had issues getting in to see him or requiring his assistance to see specialists. He is not a doctor who fills you up with medication at the first sign of a possible problem. His new offices are great and staff pleasant.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. Overington stuck a psychological label on me, based on how I answered one question, which is a detrimental thing to do to a patient. He refused to order additional testing which I requested because I am in a high risk category for a disease. He stated that if he were to order such tests for anyone that asked, our health care system would be overtaxed. This offended me as, based on my circumstances and family history, I should have had the testing (no questions asked). Another specialist who I saw later agreed that his comment was inappropriate and provided me with the requisition for testing.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

No bedside manner, Never in the office, I usually end up with his nurse practioner (who is amazing, so I prefer to get her) When I was having my baby he was very negative about me getting a midwife over an OB - for no reason and kept trying to make excuses for me to not use them.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Dr. Overington comes across to me as a man who doesn't really care about his patient. He is abrupt, and occasionally rude, and makes you feel as if you are wasting his time with trivial complaints. I don't like his bedside manner at all!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

VERY GOOD DOCTOR. GETS RIGHT TO THE POINT. DOESN'T FOOL AROUND IF YOU NEED TESTS. LISTENS VERY CAREFULLY TO YOUR PROBLEMS AND ASKS QUESTIONS.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008