Ratings for Dr. Treneth P. Baker

Excellent surgeon! Very kind, compassionate, and explained the procedure thoroughly.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Towards the end of 2014, I had visited Kelsey Seybold clinic for a general physical check up. The GP felt a lump on my breast and referred me to the breast clinic for an ultrasound and mammogram. After the ultrasound results came back, I was referred to Dr. Treneth Baker. I had no prior history of breast cancer in my family, but based on the ultrasound and mammograms a biopsy was recommended. However, Dr. Baker told me after looking at my US/mammo reports that I had stage 1 breast cancer, even before the biopsy was conducted. He even told my husband that I would have died within a year if we hadn’t gone in for the check-up. I was 30 at that time and this news shattered me. Me, my family and friends went through unbearable trauma for a week until the biopsy results were out. The biopsy showed that I did not have cancer, and there were some benign breast conditions. The stress, pain and turmoil that was caused by Dr. Baker’s irresponsible comment is something that still haunts me. We visited M D Anderson Cancer Center with the biopsy results and were informed that we did not need to take any further action. However, Dr. Baker’s office called me a month or so later asking to set up an appointment to discuss surgical options. This was just too much for me and I called up Kelsey Seybold and filed a complaint against Dr. Baker. A few weeks later I received a letter from Dr. Baker’s office telling me that I was ignoring a potentially dangerous condition that can lead to cancer. I was totally in shock how a Doctor can be hell bent on destroying my life. Essentially I had some benign breast lumps and I can understand doing a biopsy just to be sure. But, the way Dr. Baker scared me into believing that I had cancer, and then when it turned out I didn’t he tried to scare me saying I might have cancer in future, had to be seen to be believed. I still think about the reasons he might do something like that. Either he is so hungry for money that he doesn’t care about his patients at all, or he is just plain ignorant or unqualified when it comes to cancer diagnosis. My experience would suggest the former. He might be good at surgery, but I wanted people to know about my experience before choosing to see him.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Botched gallbladder surgery. Outpatient surgery. Pain was never controlled in recovery. Sent home pain increased. Three hours later drove to nearest ER clinic. Morphine wasn't even touching pain. ER doc called Baker needing his ok to admit to hospital. He refused apparently he told ER doc that I was experiencing normal pains. 98% of time no problems with this type of surgery blah blah blah. 7 hours later the ER doc called ambulance. Finally it was discovered that the staple had failed and there was a bike leakage. A stent was put in and my outpatient quickie gallbladder removal turned into a five day hospital stay on antibiotics. I normally would never post such a complaint, but this was a life and death situation. If the ER doc would've listened to his orders not to admit I would have went home to suffer and potentially could have died. Just beware...maybe I was his first and last problem patient. I guess I just happened to be one of those 2%ers.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Baker was my surgeon when I had my gall bladder removed. I really felt like I was in great hands with him. He did a great job of explaining what was going to happen and what my recovery would be like. On the day of the surgery he was very reassuring and warm. I'd certainly recommend him to anyone in need of a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

This is absolutely the best doctor that I have ever used. Too bad that he is a surgeon and not a general practioner. The healthcare industry needs more like him. You could not have asked to have been treated any better, with more respect, etc. I would highly recommend him to anyone that asked. I had been sick for a long time and no one could figure out what was wrong. I was sent to various internal medicine doctors for different tests and then a tumor was found in my stomach. Dr. Baker said that he believed that was not what was causing the problem and continued to push to find out the problem. Thanks to him, I feel much better. He is GREAT!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Due to pancreatitus I wound up in the hospital. I was in the hospital the whole month of May and Dr. Baker was my surgeon. I had surgery in August and am here today to spend time with my children because of what this man does everyday. He was polite, professional, and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and even helped me a few times when he was on call. I highly recommend this Doctor. You will not be dissapointed. He also specializes in breast surgery.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2006

Dr. Treneth P. Baker's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Coventry Healthcare