Ratings for Dr. Lorraine Elit

Dr. Elit and I have been though a lot with my sudden stage 4 cervical cancer. She's done 2 major surgeries on me and has been there through them both supporting me anyway she can. Dr. Elit can come across quick and straight forward and harsh at first. But once you get to know her she is wonderful. Her staff is always willing to help and polite. I owe my life to her and will always be incredibly grateful to her. Thank you Dr. Elit.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

godbless you dr elit you treated my mom for endoromedial cancer and now she has a new outlook on life

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr Elit treated my mom for almost 2 years. My mom recently passed away from ovarian cancer. Dr Elit and her team were amazing. Mom felt confident and well cared for with Dr Elit. Dr Elit is quiet and unassuming, will answer any questions with honesty and diplomacy, and is friendly and professional. I believe she does her best to help her patients and genuinely cares about them and their well being. Heidi and Kathy were also amazing. Mom was visited by Dr Elit during her recent hospital stay even though she wasn't officially a patient anymore.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

After my hysterectomy, and in great pain, Dr. Elit visited my room. Her brief words were "tomorrow that (morphine pain pump) is gone, and you will be home in 3 days. I am going on vacation, so I won't be seeing you again!" After 2 nights with a fever, I was still discharged by her staff, and no outline of follow up care by home nurses referred to watching for fever or infection. After 10 days of home care, I had a temperature of 101, and was re-admitted to hospital for 18 days of intensive IV antibiotics. Her response upon seeing me in hospital again? No sympathy, no apology, and an excuse that lots of people are sent home with fevers, and never have any problem!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Elit is an excellent gynecologist-oncologist & surgeon. She bought my wife some time by treating her late-stage ovarian cancer with initial chemo then surgery to be followed by more chemo. The battle is not over, but my wife's CA125 dropped from 1700 to 68 after surgery which was a radical debulking to optimum level leaving only tumours < 1 cm. The incision healed very well. Dr. Elit is soft spoken and perhaps hesitant in giving answers because she is a very experienced oncologist and researcher and does not speak with certainty or bravado when a disease is as diffucult as ovarian cancer. A previous negative poster whose mother died, obviously did little research on this most dangerous of female cancers. Dr. Elit's judgement is excellent and she is a very skilled and caring oncologist. One of the best in Ontario and maybe Canada.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr Elit is one of the best doctors, she is very good at what she does. She is up to date on everything in her field,

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

I had surgery in Hamiton at the Henderson about 8 years ago.Dr Elit is an awesome doctor with a wonderful bedside manner.She is gentle, attentive and takes your concerns to heart.When her team of doctors opened me up in surgery a few of them wanted to close me back up without doing the surgery but Dr.Elit said no way and did the surgery and all is well.It's almost time for another surgery and Dr.Elit is the only one I trust enough to go ahead and work her magic once again. Dr.Elit your one of Earth's Angels and God knows we need more doctors like you to take care of our health.Thank you

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. Elit and her staff are very professional and caring people. Dr. Elit removed my tumour for ovarian cancer and I owe her my life. She was very aggressive with my chemotherapy treatments prior to my surgery and my tumour shrunk considerably because of it. I had chemotherapy after surgery and my CA125 blood readings are great! Thank you Dr. Elit for saving my life.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

I had the best experience with this Gyne/Oncologist. She is very knowledgeable and experienced; very gentle with examinations too. She explaines everything in great detail. Please bring a list of questions with you to your appointment as you may forget to ask at that time. I strongly recomend Dr.Elit for any relevent issues. Thank you Dr. Elit for saving my life!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

Dr. Elit operated on my endometrium cancer by performing a laparoscopic hysterectomy. The surgery was assisted by Dr. Hauspy and it was a success. The cancer was in an eary stage and further treatment was not recommended. Dr. Elit is knowledgeable and professional. She is on the quiet side so you have to be prepared with questions for her to answer. Thank you Dr. Elit for removing my cancer in a very timely manner. I owe you and Dr. Hauspy my life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009