Ratings for Dr. Barbara Shortle

It was scary! She use unsterilized instrument from the second draw and then she washed it with soap and water!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

You may have to wait, but once you are with her she is unrushed, interested, attentive, pleasant, and very thorough.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I agree with the other people who posted. She seemed spacey, she washed the speculum with tap water rather than sterilizing it. Felt uncomfortable there. Office not very clean.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Please do not go here. She was nice but seemed out of it. I felt uncomfortable with her the whole time not only did she send me to get my labs done somewhere else I'm 100% positive that she did not use clean instruments on me. I was very disappointed. I felt completley dirty after the visit..

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

all they care about is the money. very unfriendly staff as well.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Though she was recommended by another physician, I didn't find her helpful at all. At my one (and only) visit with her, I did not find her to be a good listener, and she wasn't particularly helpful. She didn't want to discuss the medical reason I was there, preferring to discuss other unrelated topics.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

She is crazy, rude and old. She does not remember things and seems like she does not listening. Ladies, if you are pregant and having complications, please run away.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

I recently had my big birthday. I am in good health and am grateful to Dr. Shortle. Nearly a decade ago, I looked for a gynecologist who would guide me through my life's change. I began visiting Dr. Shortle as a specialist. Her treatment and empathy to my condition convinced me to name her my gynecologist. I am pleased with my decision, for I passed through life's change hardly noticing any change. The doctor continues to monitor my health with annual tests and medication. We have avoided unnecessary surgery. I possess healthy bones despite my weak disposition. It is worth noting that a rich photo collage of the babies that she had delivered used to be on display on the walls of her examination rooms. While I was waiting for her, I came to know the special person behind her sometimes stern facade. When I asked her about these photos, she smiled.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

I went to Dr. Shortle for close to 10 years and after finally having a great doctor, I’m kicking myself for not switching earlier. For starters, the front desk staff is always rude and you are lucky if you wait less than an hour. On more than one occasion I showed up for my appointment and found out it was cancelled because she was delivering a baby, but no one bothered to call me. If this only happened once, I’d understand, but several times. Additionally, I had severe pain during my periods. I was sent for tests and put on drug after drug. I was told that most likely I had endometriosis, but only surgery could determine if that was the problem or not. Eventually after pushing for more information, she scheduled me for surgery and essentially did a D&C, but never took the next step (which is laparoscopic surgery) to determine if I did actually have endometriosis. Find the right doctor, do not settle!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr. Barbara Shortle's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1975)